Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MidnightMage

Angry Quilt 2 - for Ultimate Doom (Development Thread)

Hell yeah, it was a fun experience! I'm glad I was able to contribute. Hopefully the first step to mapping more and more!

as always, it was fun. I hope to be part of the next one as well and I hope to become better each time.

bye for now and thanks for all the sectors.

That was a very cool experience, thanks for let me in and to everyone else involved :-)

I'll post a follow up update when the official link is on idgames.

Part of me was thinking using Powerslave textures from the idgames archive. Anyone have any objections or prefer a different theme?

I was originally thinking a somewhat forest themed texture pack but have no idea if one exists. With improved tree sprites and all.

Edited by MidnightMage

4 hours ago, MidnightMage said:

I'll post a follow up update when the official link is on idgames.

BigGameHunter.png.188c0db362c9996fb8338adfc7ac48dc.png

So I took the liberty of modifying the titlepic for the next Quilt. I tweaked it slightly and added some title text.

Also, I'm thinking of adding a texture pack for this next Quilt, any suggestions? I'd ideally like to avoid using CC4 textures or OTEX as they've been done to hell and back with other CP's.

Part of me was thinking using Powerslave textures from the idgames archive. Anyone have any objections or prefer a different theme?

I was originally thinking a somewhat forest themed texture pack but have no idea if one exists. With improved tree sprites and all.

some forest related textures and stuff:

doomtree

more trees

grass

4 hours ago, MidnightMage said:

Also, I'm thinking of adding a texture pack for this next Quilt, any suggestions? I'd ideally like to avoid using CC4 textures or OTEX as they've been done to hell and back with other CP's.

I'm honestly fine with any texture pack as long as their SP_FACE1 alternative is not named something like YFACE1 SOULWALL2, HAUNTED1, etc. (don't ask why)

Also in my opinion, we need some of these if the direction are forest theme:

• Grass,
  • Mid texture grass (sorry bad english),
  • Some new rock textures
  • Some tree textures (?)

Also, is the story is that UAC are doing their shenanigans again in the forest? I think we need something different, like Doomguy was task to hunt down the last mancubus to save everyone and get lots of patreon money or something? If anyone have a better idea, feel free to say it right now. (well don't do that if you're reading this in 2050)

maybe we could assemble a texture wad from various textures...

for example base it on grasstex and then add trees from the tree thread and doomtree plus perhaps other textures as well

Hey there, I've just noticed Angry Quilt 2 is approaching its final release state. That's great !

I loved working on the project. It was a blast from start to finish, and everyone's contribution is amazing :D

Thank you @MidnightMage for organizing this community project. I hope I'll be available someday for the third iteration, and whether I'll sign up again or not, good luck in advance to all future participants !

Can't wait for a download link to finally give this a try. I guess I should play the first Angry Quilt too.

Also, I'd love that idea for the Mancubus hunt to have some forest theme like some of you mentioned.

8 hours ago, lokbustam257 said:

I'm honestly fine with any texture pack as long as their SP_FACE1 alternative is not named something like YFACE1 SOULWALL2, HAUNTED1, etc. (don't ask why)

Also in my opinion, we need some of these if the direction are forest theme:

• Grass,
  • Mid texture grass (sorry bad english),
  • Some new rock textures
  • Some tree textures (?)

I agree, that's a good idea.

1 hour ago, Origamyde said:

Hey there, I've just noticed Angry Quilt 2 is approaching its final release state. That's great !

I loved working on the project. It was a blast from start to finish, and everyone's contribution is amazing :D

Thank you @MidnightMage for organizing this community project. I hope I'll be available someday for the third iteration, and whether I'll sign up again or not, good luck in advance to all future participants !

Thanks for participating! Your section was really quite impressive and I think it added a lot to the map. Everyone did a fantastic job with their contributions and it really shows.

7 hours ago, CBM said:

maybe we could assemble a texture wad from various textures...

for example base it on grasstex and then add trees from the tree thread and doomtree plus perhaps other textures as well

I think that's the route I will take. I'll need a bit to gather textures and compile a resource wad prior to the next Quilt.

Any assistance from anyone would really speed up the process and would be greatly appreciated. Also, thanks for linking those other threads although I noticed some a ZDoom specific which unfortunately won't apply here :(

Hmm I like the idea of this AQ3. Like a required Mancubus in each square I assume? If it comes along I'll definitely be chomping at the bit to participate!

I am currently in the process of scoping resources.

Angry Quilt 2 has been uploaded and now we wait. I expect to hopefully start the next Angry Quilt sometime in mid December.

I'm very confused

Is this done and where can I get it?

lol

If this is finished and released maybe a new thread is best because it's not clear otherwise

Patience please. Just hang in there a couple more days, it's been uploaded to idgames and when it's on there I'll bump this thread and add the official link to the OP.

Just now, MidnightMage said:

Patience please. Just hang in there a couple more days, it's been uploaded to idgames and when it's on there I'll bump this thread and add the official link to the OP.

Sorry - I sincerely wasn't being impatient or trying to rush anyone - just didn't know what was going on :)

It's in that weird limbo process of the upload to idgames. I think making a new release thread is probably a good idea though :)

I'll link the idgames link in this thread too.

1 hour ago, Clippy said:

Sorry - I sincerely wasn't being impatient or trying to rush anyone - just didn't know what was going on :)

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2411678

This is the final version I believe.

If the idgames version still stuck on limbo, you can always play this one :)

oh yeah pls record the videos and upload it to youtube clippy please

Wow good catch lokbustam257!

I don't know why Bobby's name appeared crazy like that in the text file? I'll try to correct that and re-upload it, sorry about that.

That's awesome!

13 minutes ago, MidnightMage said:

Wow good catch lokbustam257!

I don't know why Bobby's name appeared crazy like that in the text file? I'll try to correct that and re-upload it, sorry about that.

That's awesome!

That's probably encoding issue, you should ask maintainers what they expect.

23 hours ago, lokbustam257 said:

oh yeah pls record the videos and upload it to youtube clippy please

Nice try, you thought I wouldn't see that if you crossed it out but I did!

I had a great time playing this! I can't keep track of who made what but the only problem I came across was the BFG outdoor castle area with teleporting buggery and monsters stuck in walls

Otherwise I had a blast! I found as many secrets and killed as many monsters as I could and tried to explore everything . .. I think the last 10 minutes or so are me just running around making sure

Taggig everyone involved:

@MidnightMage who I think ran this - kudos getting this all together

@SynDoom @ViolentBeetle @Bobby “lolmcswagger” @Origamyde

@Snaxalotl why hello there you must have made whatever room killed me the most!

@ThatWeNGuy @DynamiteKaitorn @stewboy @Noiser

@Peccatum Mihzamiz hey look I played one of your maps, for real this time!

@Worriedidiot nice to see u 2!!

@Weird Sandwich I had sweet chili chicken wraps the other day does that count as a sandwich

@lokbustam257

@CBM@Walter confetti

ah dammit... I cant believe Clippy got stuck... I never had this occur when I tested this.

@Clippy

are you using the latest gzdoom to run this?

@MidnightMage

is it too late to make a bugfix to my square?

Edited by CBM

18 minutes ago, CBM said:

ah dammit... I cant believe Clippy got stuck... I never had this occur when I tested this.

@Clippy

are you using the latest gzdoom to run this?

@MidnightMage

is it too late to make a bugfix to my square?

Yes 4.7.1 or whatever

On the subject of the problem teleporter:

I noticed the the mid point of the teleport destination is placed exactly on the line. I guess it might cause issues.

8 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

On the subject of the problem teleporter:

I noticed the the mid point of the teleport destination is placed exactly on the line. I guess it might cause issues.

oh well but if it is not yet the final real actual release then I have time to fix it I guess (and make it less confusing)

just odd since all the teleporters worked perfect each time I tried it and Ive tried it quite a few times

Edited by CBM

1 hour ago, Clippy said:

Nice try, you thought I wouldn't see that if you crossed it out but I did!

I had a great time playing this! I can't keep track of who made what but the only problem I came across was the BFG outdoor castle area with teleporting buggery and monsters stuck in walls

Otherwise I had a blast! I found as many secrets and killed as many monsters as I could and tried to explore everything . .. I think the last 10 minutes or so are me just running around making sure

Hey there, Clippy ! Thanks for playing Angry Quilt 2 !

If you need to know, I was the one who designed Square 5 - The one with the Berserk secret at the beginning, your favorite ;) - ! But of course, everyone's contribution to the project was a blast as well :O