Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MidnightMage

Angry Quilt 2 - for Ultimate Doom (Development Thread)

5 hours ago, lokbustam257 said:

I should have been put 2 doors instead of those teleporters that led to this, eh. If you guys don't mind, I like to edit mine after CBM finish with his square. And about those bars... Well... yeah I have another (dumb) idea involving those bars to make 14 accessible from 13 and 15. (and also to make things more complicated than it should be)

I was done editing my section yesterday.

My version is v20b

and the latests seems to be v22 by origamyde (link is in the post right before this one)

EDIT

I just checked out v22...

And it seems square 14 can be accessed from square 13 with a lift. I imagine you have some plan to allow the player to open up the bars to the lift that goes to square 15...

Could work just fine I think. How do you plan on letting the player lower the bars?

Edited by CBM

1 hour ago, CBM said:

Could work just fine I think. How do you plan on letting the player lower the bars?

Here's what I'm thinking lately: Make all of the bars open (and put another bar in square 13 lift), and move the monster placement so the ambush is still there. When the player go to square 14, all of the bars immediately closed, making the player have to press the switch in the MARBFACE rooms in order to get out. I think this is pretty decent idea, what do you think?

4 hours ago, lokbustam257 said:

Here's what I'm thinking lately: Make all of the bars open (and put another bar in square 13 lift), and move the monster placement so the ambush is still there. When the player go to square 14, all of the bars immediately closed, making the player have to press the switch in the MARBFACE rooms in order to get out. I think this is pretty decent idea, what do you think?

sounds cool, could you put in a version of the m_doom main menu tex when you do your update?

1 hour ago, SynDoom said:

Checked V22 and it seems to be missing the M_DOOM texture.

it is present in v20b, but we can just add it in again I guess...

just checked and you are right that it is not present any longer... maybe v20b was ignored by the other contributers and v20 used instead... since the only diff between v20 and v20b is the addition of that main menu texture

Edited by CBM

7 hours ago, lokbustam257 said:

I think that's a decent idea. Whatever makes your square accessible to and from the rest of the map ;)

2 hours ago, SynDoom said:

Yeah, I figured Mage could just add it to the final build.

Sure thing. I'll add that in the final compilation.

Did anyone else want to make edits to their squares?

4 hours ago, CBM said:

sounds cool, could you put in a version of the m_doom main menu tex when you do your update?

sure :)

Ok so current editing que is ViolentBeetle, then Peccatum Mihzamiz.

I'd still like to give both @ThatWeNGuy and @Bobby “lolmcswagger” an opportunity to further work on their squares as they had run out of time.

If neither wishes to continue edits, I'll at least make the nukeage in Bobby's square harmful.

Based on my playthrough of the latest build. 

I had a few comments, I'm not certain if the platform that holds the red key is low enough to reach the red key when running across the pillars (maybe it's just me).

The bars at 14 block off both 14 and 13, making the yellow key unattainable (but I know this is being worked on)

I ran at low health for a substantial amount of this map, not that it's a bad thing (thank you Dynamite Kaitorn for being a kind soul and providing oodles of health and ammo, I returned to this square a lot)

Perhaps it would be a good idea to have a switch that opens the bars between square 6 & square 7 in both squares, otherwise a sizeable amount of the map cannot be returned to.

Good stuff guys.

My window for mapping time today has passed and I can't work on the map anymore in the coming two days: leaving on vacation. I've actually already done most of the touch ups to my square so what I'll do is: bring my laptop with me and check in two/three days if I can add my stuff to the map. I hope that's fine.

I have time to do my final touch right now, which one the most up-to-date version, so I don't get confused?

Update: Seems like 22 was the last one published, so here's 23. I added a wall behind cacos and alternate switch so you could access the area from this end too. And made original switch lower into the floor with the rest of sectors to avoid confusion about double-dipping.

AngryQuilt2v23.zip

Edited by ViolentBeetle

2 minutes ago, MidnightMage said:

This is the latest version currently.

isnt v23 the latest?

2 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Well, now it is. I edited my previous post. Guess Mage didn't see it.

Guess not.. I wonder when we will reach the final version. I can't wait to see youtube videos of people trying it out!

10 hours ago, MidnightMage said:

Ok so current editing que is ViolentBeetle, then Peccatum Mihzamiz.

I'd still like to give both @ThatWeNGuy and @Bobby “lolmcswagger” an opportunity to further work on their squares as they had run out of time.

If neither wishes to continue edits, I'll at least make the nukeage in Bobby's square harmful.

I’ll get it done Monday

I realized I made a slight (Mostly aesthetic mistake, so I need to change things up a little bit)

I'm not doing it right now, but I'll do it after Bobby.

Edited by ViolentBeetle

oh thank god this thing finally done, the fucking w1 door close linedef is a nightmare. Well anyway, here it is, I put bars like what I said in my last post that you can read above. If you find that you can speedrun the linedef door close linedef, let me know. In my testing I can't speedrun it, so maybe those guy who know SR50 or some things like that may can pulled it off. Not much else to say other than that I put M_DOOM on it. Click the link below to download the wad.

AngryQuilt2v24.zip

Edited by lokbustam257 : fixed the wrong link

Here's just a small modification that makes the door to square 13 open.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Edited by MidnightMage : free up space

Damn, well I was busy yesterday, I think wednesday/thursday is a better projection hopefully

Ok no worries, did anyone else want to change anything in their square in the meantime?

Also I had a few comments.

1 @Walter confetti how do I acquire the blue key in your square? It's legitimately probably me being clueless.

2 what is the purpose of the yellow key in this map? I haven't found a yellow key door, but the trek to get the yellow key seems pretty epic.

3 it seems that theirs a ton of texture misalignments and doors not lower unpegged in square 13.

If anyone else finds any issues or bugs please post them so we can fix them. Thanks

Edited by MidnightMage