Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pyethon

Change damaging floor to non damaging floor

Hello, I'm making a map where an lift with sectors around it rise up to a larger room. The surrounding sectors have damaging floors and once the lift reaches the height of the larger room I want the floors to stop damaging the player. The floors of both the lift and the larger room are the same texture.

is this possible?

-Thanks
EDIT:

Thank you all for helping! I have figured out sort of a scuffed way to fix it: I have the hurting squares raise 1 unit higher than the entire platform and through floor generic change (200) lower the platform to the nearest floor and use flag 1 to remove the effect and change the hurt effects. I activate this with the same voodoo doll and have refined the timing to about a second. Im in hexen format for gzdoom for doom 2 using gzdoom builder.

Sorry for the late response as doomworld has muted me because I have "reached post limit."

Edited by Pyethon

I believe it won't work if they're the same texture. If the lift changes texture, it should override the damaging floors. 

Correct me if I'm wrong.

11 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I think effect and texture are independent. You just need whatever line makes it go up have a non-damaging sample.

I have a vodoo doll activate the line, I don't understand what a sample is

3 minutes ago, Pyethon said:

I have a vodoo doll activate the line, I don't understand what a sample is

Normally when line action makes floor raise and change texture, it copies textures and effect of the one facing it. If you use generalized action, it's what "trigger" as opposed to "numeric" does.

1 hour ago, maxmanium said:

What format are you mapping for?

I assume Boom format, considering that they mentioned voodoo dolls. I'd recommend looking at the generalized linedefs and tailoring them to do what you're looking to accomplish: remember that the Triggered option changes the flat to the flat of the sector that the triggering linedef is in and Numeric changes it to the flat of the floor it's raising or lowering to.

if boom: action 153 "change texture and effect" -- will also work if the textures used are exactly the same

set up a voodoo closet with the desired texture and effect, scroll that sucker over the action 153 line... and good things will happen...