Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
zark

ZDoom's DECORATE lump

OK, so I'm making some custom decor for one of my Wads. I've made my DECORATE lump and shoved it in my Wad, but I get the following error when starting up ZDoom:

Class AZRock1 already registered.

And ZDoom bombs out. Here's the first decoration in the DECORATE lump, the rest are pretty similar:

ZRock1
{
DoomEdNum 20000
Sprite RCK1
Solid
Height 8
Radius 8
}

I don't know what the problem is, can anyone shed light on the situation?

Epyo said:

I've never heard of a DECORATE lump, where'd you find info on this?

Slayer sent me some stuff on it in #zdoom, stuff that he'd got from Randy I think. It came up when I asked how to create totally new things in ZDoom.

Epyo said:

I've never heard of a DECORATE lump, where'd you find info on this?

I heard about it on the zdoom forums, then I asked about it. Now I can create tons of new scenery things without replacing existing ones. (and make them appear in WA)

ZarcyB said:

I don't know what the problem is, can anyone shed light on the situation?

It could be that you're missing the following line:

ZRock1
{
DoomEdNum 20000
Sprite RCK1
Frames "A"
Solid
Height 8
Radius 8
}

(well, that's the only difference between yours and mine, which works fine)

The other possible thing could be that you're using ZDoom 1.23b33, and DECORATE requires a 2.0 beta.

What Ultimate DooMer says is certainly correct. You should tell Zdoom which sub sprite to use in the way he says. If you don't do that, ummm I actually don't know what will happen. Maybe an invisible thing?

Anyway, on to your problem. It's actually exactly what Zdoom says it is, ie Class AZRock1 already registered. There is already an actor in Zdoom called Zrock1. In fact there are Zrocks 1-4. These are Hexen items and part of the Zdoom exe. You cannot have 2 actors of the same name, so that's why your decorate bombs out.

If you want to see a list of all the actors already defined in Zdoom, type the following at the console:

logfile log.txt
dumpclasses actor

That will create a file (log.txt) in your Zdoom directory which captures the console output. In this case the console output will be a list of all the valid actors in Zdoom.

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!

Heh, thanks, I got it working now, this has saved me so much pain and anguish!

/me thanks everyone