Find results in...
haruko haruhara

Super doom 3 mod vs ultimate doom 3 mod

Which is better  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think

• Super doom 3 mod
    • Ultimate doom 3 mod

There was also take 2 by DBT the guy who made aeons of death super doom 3 mod take 2 now here is the question which one is better super or ultimate?

Btw the add-on by DBT doesn't count because it's a add-on for the super doom 3 mod let's both compare the super and ultimate together and see which one is better 

Super doom 3 mod

https://archive.org/download/best-ever.org_WAD_archive_part_S/superd3mod.pk3

Ultimate doom 3 mod volume 46

http://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-3-weapon-mod/downloads/volume-46

The patch for ultimate doom 3 mod

http://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-3-weapon-mod/downloads/patch-49-for-ultimate-super-doom-3

Note! This is a doom 2 mod not doom 3 so if you hate doom 3 don't comment on the thread unless if you have something good to say about the mods for the doom 2.

Edited by haruko haruhara

Here's how you handle any questions regarding Doom 3

Step 1: Uninstall Doom 3 from your computer/remove it from your console and never speak of it again

Step 2: Install a good Doom game

Step 3: Play that instead

Repeat as necessary.

2 minutes ago, famicommander said:

Step 1: Uninstall Doom 3 from your computer/remove it from your console and never speak of it again

Repeat as necessary.

Doom 3 is a good game

1 minute ago, famicommander said:

Repeat as necessary.

That has nothing to do with the thread why are you so offended by doom 3 this is a mod for doom 2 not doom 3 I should edit the post thanks for letting me think about that also doom 3 is not bad but it's not my favorite I mostly just play normal doom 2 with mods.

Just now, Teo Slayer said:

Doom 3 is a good game

It's a terrible game.

It's not a good horror game because resources are extremely plentiful, the game is super easy, and the only "scares" are repetitive jump scares. 

It's not a good action game because the gunplay is absolutely terrible and none of the enemies are a legitimate threat once you know how to play the game.

Also the story sucks and you can't skip the cut scenes.

It has an identity crisis and as a result it fails no matter what genre you try to cram it in.

Just now, famicommander said:

It's a terrible game.

It's not a good horror game because resources are extremely plentiful, the game is super easy, and the only "scares" are repetitive jump scares. 

It's not a good action game because the gunplay is absolutely terrible and none of the enemies are a legitimate threat once you know how to play the game.

Also the story sucks and you can't skip the cut scenes.

It has an identity crisis and as a result it fails no matter what genre you try to cram it in.

But it tries to be different than other DOOM games and it success on it. It impress me that they managed to mix action and horror

5 minutes ago, Teo Slayer said:

But it tries to be different than other DOOM games and it success on it. It impress me that they managed to mix action and horror

They mixed it but they didn't mix it well. Sort of like ripping random pages out of two unrelated books and then binding them together blindly and hoping it makes a coherent story.

Just now, Morpheus666 said:

@haruko haruhara Is it for Doom 3? or Doom 2? I'm not sure i understand what your trying to ask

He basically found 2 mods for Doom 2 which replace the weapons and sprites with Doom 3 sprites and weapons

37 minutes ago, haruko haruhara said:

There was also take 2 by DBT the guy who made aeons of death super doom 3 mod take 2 now here is the question which one is better super or ultimate?

Btw the add-on by DBT doesn't count because it's a add-on for the super doom 3 mod let's both compare the super and ultimate together and see which one is better 

Super doom 3 mod

https://archive.org/download/best-ever.org_WAD_archive_part_S/superd3mod.pk3

Ultimate doom 3 mod volume 46

http://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-3-weapon-mod/downloads/volume-46

The patch for ultimate doom 3 mod

http://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-3-weapon-mod/downloads/patch-49-for-ultimate-super-doom-3

Note! This is a doom 2 mod not doom 3 so if you hate doom 3 don't comment on the thread unless if you have something good to say about the mods for the doom 2.

to attempt to get back to the topic, I'd reccomend just trying both and seeing what one you like more, first hand research ussually turns out well

3 hours ago, famicommander said:

Repeat as necessary.

Nobody asked you to come in and hog up the thread with your irrelevant opinion. If you feel so strongly about it, start your own thread.

On topic, I'll check out these mods, thanks for bringing them to my attention!

Honestly I can't believe someone is still playing ancient Skulltag mods in 2021.

But my opinion on the matter is that the first link (Super doom 3 mod) is both ugly and clunky. I'm sure back in the day this was impressive but between these two files Its OBVIOUS that Ultimate doom 3 mod is WAY better both in terms of looks and quality.

Does anyone know how to fix this stupid looking square box in front of the demon's face on the main menu? It really bothers me its there more then I think it should normally bother someone..... (Ultimate doom 3 mod btw)

skulltag_210915_1110076.PNG

Edited by J.Argon

14 minutes ago, J.Argon said:

anyone know how to fix this stupid looking square box in front of the demon's face on the main menu? It really bothers me its there more then I think it should normally bother someone..... (Ultimate doom 3 mod btw)

Lol i dont think you can fix that without modifying the menu picture in slade

Bruiser.jpg

28 minutes ago, J.Argon said:

Honestly I can't believe someone is still playing ancient Skulltag mods in 2021.

Is that a bad thing? Because skulltag is awesome you don't see mods like those anymore.

22 minutes ago, sluggard said:

Lol i dont think you can fix that without modifying the menu picture in slade

Bruiser.jpg

I was just wondering if maybe I was using the wrong version of Skulltag or something. Well guess I'll have to just get over it. LOL

12 minutes ago, haruko haruhara said:

Is that a bad thing? Because skulltag is awesome you don't see mods like those anymore.

No not really... It's just not normally a used source port now an days. Most of the mods for Skulltag can be run in Zandronum with the "skulltag_content-3.0-beta01.pk3" file.

Out of curiosity.... What "awesome mods" we don't see now an days might you be referring to?

29 minutes ago, J.Argon said:

Out of curiosity.... What "awesome mods" we don't see now an days might you be referring to?

Wads like hell after dreams and hell legacy v140

invasion mappacks and projects like extreme Invasion which is probably the most advanced skulltag mod yet.

Do you have links to any of these so I can try them? I do have Hell Legacy but I can't tell what version I have, nothing in the readme tells me... I would like to try out the Hell after dreams and the Extreme Invasion ones you were talking about.

Also if you haven't yet, you should check out Evil Star. Personal fan of this mapset its also got a story in cutscenes.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/evilstar-beyond-doom

Also somewhat of a collector myself....

Spoiler

ST.png.fabdc7760f111941fe3f806ce3e9f4aa.png

Edited by J.Argon