Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubbag

Who Else Played this Obscure Shooter?

Armorines_-_Project_S.W.A.R.M._Coverart.

I LOVED this game and it was one of my favorites as a child. It used to creep the shit out of me.

@Dubbag Never heard of it before. Judging by screenshots, it reminds me a lot of Metroid Prime, probably of the HUD.

However, according to Wikipedia, the game was not well received at all.

I played it. At the time, I liked how it had co-op when Goldeneye didn't. I think the gimmick with the weapons was that you had one gun, but it morphed into different shapes depending on what ammo you were using, which I thought was really original at the time. I've tried getting back into it a couple times in the last year, but the aiming didn't feel right with the combinations of emulators and gamepads I've been using. 

Edited by Coopersville

I recall this looking okay for the time (it used the expansion pak on the N64), but the level design seemed supremely bland. Granted, I never made it that far. Might give it another try but the general consensus seems to be that it's not particularly good. Curious to hear from people that actually made it all the way through the game, especially recently.

The box art didn't ring any bells so I had a squizz at some gameplay footage of it over on YouTube and it looks somewhat familiar. I used to rent a lot of N64 games from my local video rental store back in the day, so this might've been one of the many games that I played that way during those times. Can't recall for absolute certain though since that was about 20 years ago. :^P

I saw it quite a few times at Blockbuster, when there were still Blockbusters, but never played it. It looked kind of neat, but my brother and I got to rent one videogame per weekend, and our Mom would rent a few movies. So my brother and I had to agree on the game to rent, and he never agreed to Armorines. I don't think I missed out on much, but I'd still like to give it a try.

Ah, the days of renting games and hoping you got the same cart of Final Fantasy 3 that you rented the week before, and nobody overwrote your save file. I don't miss them.

I did. It ran on the Turok (2?) engine, same with that South Park FPS on n64. It seemed ok. I didn’t get very far cause I didn’t know what the hell I was supposed to do. I wouldn’t mind seeing a remaster or remake.