Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
freeve4h

favorite gun

I think the rocket launcher, so powerful yet so dangerous 'cause of splash damage, I love to blast rockets to zombies and imps.

I have a thing for the plasma rifle, it's just so cathartic when you get the chance to pull it out and scythe though a mob

Plasma rifle. Although when I plow through Doom in Godmode, the rocket launcher is always close...But the bombard is something nice too.

Screenshot_Doom_20210530_070747.png

The pump-action shotgun. It’s likely the first ever in a video game to have rifle sights instead of a bead sight, and that makes it all the more fitting for a space marine’s combat weapon. 

Shotgun, I use it quite a lot sometimes too much...

Super Shotgun, cause I love it...

Plasma Gun, Nothing better than some good plasma rounds onto the bodies of some demons.

Edited by DeathWalkerGT

In deathmatch the chaingun is awesome!

It doesn't lag like the plasma rifle, or take time to reload like the super shotgun (which I often also use in DM).

Problem with the super shotgun is that there is a good amount of delay between pressing to fire, and the shotgun actually firing.  It cost me a great many kills.

I only wish the chaingun had slightly more damage, and a whole lot more rounds!

I quite love all the guns (except pistol, maybe because he's the starter by default), in fact they are all reliabe and usefull depending of the situations :p

I think the weapon I enjoy the most to use is the plasma rifle because he's kinda powerful against almost every monsters of the game

Favorite vanilla weapon is tied betw the ssg and plasma rifle. They're both so satisfying to use

For custom weapons, I'm partial to the KDiZD Rifle and Grenade Launcher. Both their sprites and gameplay function I think would 100% fit in with the original weapons.

Plasma. Great DPS, painlocking potential and sound.

The only drawback is that it can be clunky in tight spaces due to projectile width.

I really have no favourite, but I’ll take this opportunity to recount the fact that when I first played Doom II in… I guess it was late 1994 or early 1995, can’t remember, but I disliked super shotgun back then! I had already got accustomed to the rhythm of the original shotgun that I found it hard to dispose of demons in a timely fashion; I missed my shots, and in the end ran out of ammo.

Of course I got over it eventually, but even today my gut instinct is to use regular shotgun by default, and only bring in SSG if necessary.