Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Opulent

What is the best show on Television?

It's hard just to find any halfway decent scows on TV today. Still, a few shows I like are CSI (both of them), 24, Battlebots for a few laughs, and sometimes Enterprise and the old Alfred Hitchcock episodes.

The first 3 Law and Order series'. The fourth one, Crime and Punishment, is a little dull. In fact I think it may have been cancelled.

Are you talking about current shows? Or any that have ever been made? If it's the former, do re-runs count? :)

I ask because, due to me being in the UK and usually only having terrestial TV, which either has generally shitty British shows or five year old American shows being shown for the first time, there isn't much choice for current ;)

My favourite British shows tend to be comedy quiz shows like Never Mind The Buzzcocks (music), They Think It's All Over (sport), It's Only TV But I Like It (TV) and Shooting Stars (insanity =P). I must ashamedly admit that I also watch a few of the UK soaps, although only because I usually have nothing better to do ;)

I have downloaded the latest seasons (rather, the episodes that have been shown so far) of several American shows, namely Buffy, Angel, Friends, Smallville and Enterprise, and they're all looking pretty good. Angel in particular looks like it's going to have a really great year, with some major plot twists and stuff. Oh, and if there's one more 'Archer gets taken prison by blah blah blah' episode of Enterprise, I'll... err, I dunno what I'll do, but I don't think it'll be very nice ;)

There's nothing on at the moment that I make a particular point of watching. In the recent past, the series that I have watched religiously (well, sort of) are:
South Park
Voyager
Forever Knight
Sliders

When I lived in Denmark (1991-3), I always watched:
Lykkehjulet
Skønheden og Udyret
Blomsterbørns Børn
Bamses Billedbog

That last season of Sliders just about ruined the whole series for me. It would have been a whole lot better if they had just left it out and ended it the previous year.

Ichor said:

That last season of Sliders just about ruined the whole series for me. It would have been a whole lot better if they had just left it out and ended it the previous year.

Wait, was that the whole thing with the "alien" creatures that also had sliding technology (i think they were called "Kromaag")?

Some one remind me of how that show ended. I dont remember.

I didn't think it was such a bad final season (better than leaving it without any proper ending at all), but of course it was unfortunate that they had to account for the disappearance of the Mallorys in such a clumsy way.

I watched South Park until Kenny was removed.
The first few seasons of Sopranos, but it is too real life to be worthwhile, so I stopped that too.
The only things I regularly watch are Enterprise(it's okay), the Powerpuff Girls(MoJo rules), and the Golf Channel.
My wife is the biggest couch potato ever (not in size, but in method :) -- she watches everything.
Sliders wasn't a bad show either -- they had some fun with it; and that's cool.
heard great things about the first 24 and CSI.
the most recent British TV we get in the states is like 20 years old. :)
Never Mind the Buzzcocks piques my interest... but I never liked that group. =P

Assmaster said:

Some one remind me of how that show ended. I dont remember.

At the end of the final season, all the original sliders were either dead, "unstuck", or fate unknown, with the sliders they had picked up along the way faced with a choice between staying on a parallel earth, or sliding through a vortex that may well have been instant death.

And yes, it was the one with the Kromaggs.

Thanks for reminding me Grazza.

Oh and as far as British shows in the U.S., I just remembered one of the greatest shows I've ever seen, "The Young Ones", made in the early '80s.

As for classic shows, Night Court was one of the funniest I can remember. Back then, I watched cartoons a bit more, so a few good ones were Transformers (80s), GI Joe, Ghostbusters (with the real ones), Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck, and Garfield.

Old favs:

• Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Super Mario Bros./Zelda (were on the same show :D)
  • Transformers
  • Beast Wars
and others Im too lazy to try and remember

Current:
  • South Park
  • Family guy
Thats all I can think for the moment, I think, I guess, I suppose... :D

Yeah its to bad Beast Wars ended so early, the plot could have really gone somewhere.

Same goes for Sonic the Hedgehog (the more serious and apocolyptic one, not the silly cartoony one). From what I've read, the writers had a lot of plans for that show, but it simply couldnt compete with Power Rangers and was cancelled just when a major plot event occured. Good thing I've downloaded most of the episodes.

Another good cartoon, which is recent, is Invader Zim. Funniest show ever.

Combat Missions was the only reality show worth anything. Too bad everybody who would be qualified for a second season is off dying in Afghanistan or Iraq.

South Park, The Simpsons, Robot Wars, Max X, Real TV, American Gladiators, Jackass, Electric Playground, DBZ.

OMG and Spawn, gotta have Spawn.

American shows:

• Roswell (the best drama ever!)
  • Smallville
  • Everwood

Cartoons/Animes:
  • Spiderman
  • Beast War
  • Dragon Ball Z (it is an okay show)
  • Yugioh
  • Love Hina
  • Gundam Wing
  • Power Rangers: Geo (Jap version)
    lots and lots ....... etc, from the past, especially animes

Grazza said:

When I lived in Denmark (1991-3), I always watched

What happened? Why don't you live here anymore?

Shaviro said:

What happened? Why don't you live here anymore?

Well, it was time to come home and earn a proper living.

My favourite shows right now:

Malcolm in the Middle
Simpsons
Dragon Ball Z
Stargate SG-1
Junkyard Wars
Full Metal Challenge
Anything Star Trek
Simon and Simon reruns, for some unknown reason...
Canucks Hockey on Sportsnet :)

I only watch TV to watch the news and the remotely decent movie that shows up once every blue moon.
Most TV shows nowadays suck so bad that I would rather go and bathe in the swamp near where I live than watch any of this pathetic rubbish.
People that came up with crappy shows like Popstars, Temptation Island and Bigbrother should be dragged out on the street and shot.