Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GodKreytr

Are demons a source of food for the man himself?

I've been thinking, doomguy doesn't eat ingame so does it mean he eats the remains of demons he has killed?

If so debate about it.

He's probably packed a bunch of protein bars in his bag, and maybe some salads and sandwiches and all that.

No idea if demon meat would be out of the question, though. I guess as long as it's not one of those zombies. Or Doom 2's secret enemy.

Would cooked Hell Knights and Barons taste like beef?

Would cooked Pinkies and Spectres taste like pork? Spectre meat would probably be transparent but still.

I do remember that there was a thread that was banished to Post Hell a long time ago that was similar to this, so I am not sure this thread is a good idea at all.

That's quite the idea. However, if the marine does indeed eat the dead demons, wouldn't he be at risk of diseases related to cannibalism? After all, there's no guarantee that demons don't eat people; and if we judge the demons based off of their designs in terms of diet, wouldn't they be meat eaters? That would probably include humans in the UAC facility on phobos or deimos.

1 hour ago, Okej5722 said:

That's quite the idea. However, if the marine does indeed eat the dead demons, wouldn't he be at risk of diseases related to cannibalism? After all, there's no guarantee that demons don't eat people; and if we judge the demons based off of their designs in terms of diet, wouldn't they be meat eaters? That would probably include humans in the UAC facility on phobos or deimos.

Diseases related to cannibalism? I wasn't aware of any.

The only cannibal-exclusive disease I found was Kuru, which was in contaminated human brain tissue. I mean, maybe the enemies eat brains? It's a risk I guess.

Judge the demons based off of their designs, huh? That'd be a tough one.

Even if you exclude the zombies, a good amount of them are indeed humanoid. Most humans do indeed eat some form of meat, though typically cooked.

The Doom manual compares Pinkies to shaved gorillas, but gorillas are mostly vegetarian, so...

Pinkies seem to act a bit more like cheetahs to me, especially if you play in Nightmare difficulty.

Barons and Knights are clearly minotaurs, and despite being pretty violent, bulls are mostly vegetarian, being male cattle. 

Cyberdemons are also like minotaurs, but much more violent and part robot.

It's much harder to compare other enemies, though, in my opinion. You've got the more abstract ones like the Cacos, and obvious humanoids like the Mancs and the Archies.

Yeah, the enemies would probably have no issue eating the body parts they tore from humans no matter what.

Doom guy doesn't ever have to take a crap in Doom either, so does that mean Doom guy never has to poop? What about the pistol never having to reload and just magically refilling apon running over a pack of ammo or clip? How come Doom guy throws away all the colored keys he collects on his journey just to have to find the same colored keys to open doors that like specific colors? Does this mean doom guy is retarded?

1 hour ago, J.Argon said:

How come Doom guy throws away all the colored keys he collects on his journey just to have to find the same colored keys to open doors that like specific colors? Does this mean doom guy is retarded?

Yes. Doomguy is a retarded midget with superhuman speed who never poops. Didn't you read all of the lore cards in DOOM Eternal? It explains everything. Best protagonist ever.

I don't see any reason to assume demon meat is inherently diseased.. Barons and pinkies look somewhere between cows, pigs and goats, which can of course carry disease. I assume he'd just use discernment: a healthy looking Baron will probably cook well over a burning barrel or flame stick, but a sickly looking one may be diseased. Even if he does get sick, there's so much in the way of medical supplies lying around!

As for shitting/pissing, there's a ton of water and sewage pools and stuff around.. ample places to dump ass. If we bring pwads into the picture, toilets aren't all that rare either, depending on which wad you're playing anyway.. Sometimes he'd have to rough it and drop trou in some sludge pit, and sometimes he'd have a nice ceramic throne.

24 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

I don't see any reason to assume demon meat is inherently diseased.. Barons and pinkies look somewhere between cows, pigs and goats, which can of course carry disease. I assume he'd just use discernment: a healthy looking Baron will probably cook well over a burning barrel or flame stick, but a sickly looking one may be diseased. Even if he does get sick, there's so much in the way of medical supplies lying around!

As for shitting/pissing, there's a ton of water and sewage pools and stuff around.. ample places to dump ass. If we bring pwads into the picture, toilets aren't all that rare either, depending on which wad you're playing anyway.. Sometimes he'd have to rough it and drop trou in some sludge pit, and sometimes he'd have a nice ceramic throne.

Do you think doomguy sometimes finds shotgun pellets or bullets in his meat and spits em out when he bites into one? Or does he carefully extract each and every bullet/pellet in his meat before cooking? A part of me believes the plasmagun and BFG partially cooks the meat, unfortunately it’s a bit too well done for his tastes, since it kinda leaves em charred if you think about it.

I'm pretty sure he has the same bodily functions and needs as any Human.

Might interfere with game's pacing and atmosphere if we had to start smashing vending machines for food, sleep and shit every chapter, shower in UAC facilities and change pants every so often.

Well...he's surviving all the shit that Hell throws at him and "tasty" demons are no exception. He can cook demons somewhere and he might use a bunch of those stupid flaming skulls as fire to cook them. Sure that he has the skills and training to do that....

45 minutes ago, VoanHead said:

Do you think doomguy sometimes finds shotgun pellets or bullets in his meat and spits em out when he bites into one? Or does he carefully extract each and every bullet/pellet in his meat before cooking? A part of me believes the plasmagun and BFG partially cooks the meat, unfortunately it’s a bit too well done for his tastes, since it kinda leaves em charred if you think about it.

Doomguy strikes me as the type to use the demon he beat with his berzerk fists as dinner, but if he did use one that had been shot, I doubt he'd bother meticulously extracting the bullets - he'd probably just bite right into one!

7 minutes ago, slugger said:

Eating a Lost Soul would be horrible, but the MBF helper dogs might enjoy chewing on them.

Especially the Isabelle MBF helper dog.

Who's a good doggo...?

Speaking of source ports, there's actually a source modification of Doom called VSB Doom that lets you eat enemy corpses, among other things like using health as ammo. It's made by the same guy behind The Sky May Be. 

And you don't have to worry about whether you're committing cannibalism, because the player character in VSB Doom is apparently an alien cat anyway.

9 hours ago, GodKreytr said:

I've been thinking, doomguy doesn't eat ingame so does it mean he eats the remains of demons he has killed?

If so debate about it.

Well, he drinks with the bottles anywhere. Also between the final of the levels, maybe he eats sometime 

God no! Have you ever tried eating a demon before? Chewy as hell and taste like refried ass and boiled leather.

Don't ask how I know that.

@Doomkid might have the right idea. Some demons in hell aren't probably that nourishing to Doomguy unless he cooked them just right. (Better not eat them raw.)

10 hours ago, VoanHead said:

Do you think doomguy sometimes finds shotgun pellets or bullets in his meat and spits em out when he bites into one?

I'll bet he'd spit them out as if they were watermelon seeds. :-P

Are the flesh textures (and the gore nest stuff from nudoom) edible?

Can you just cut some some guts off and eat it?