Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LinkinForcer

Doom Guy, Doom Marine or Doom Slayer?

2 hours ago, Swordofdanu said:

Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern-schplenden-schlitter-crasscrenbon-fried-digger-dingle-dangle-dongle-dungle-burstein-von-knacker-thrasher-apple-banger-horowitz-ticolensic-grander-knotty-spelltinkle-grandlich-grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-nürnburger-bratwustle-gerspurten-mitzweimache-luber-hundsfut-gumberaber-shönendanker-kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm. 

I mean, they pointed out they stole the bit in the bit itself. "Stolen Monty Python" is part of the name. :P

17 hours ago, Sena said:

Didn't any of you watch the super official Doom movie? Everyone knows the classic line of dialogue:

"I must kill the demons", said John.

"No John. You are V. Demons."

Therefore, it has been officially confirmed that Doomguy's name is John V. Demons.

John is one of the most popular names in the US and UK.

The idea of the Doom Slayer/Doomguy being an angry everyman sort of fits, I suppose.

However I'll stick to Jerry ;)

The thing is 
In Doom Eternal they still refer to him as Doomguy.

When he speaks in flashbacks or his single real line in the dlc, the subtitles use Doom Guy.

I think id knows that Doom Slayer is too much.

Anyways is Doomguy for me.

Always Doomguy to me. And Doomguy is a badass beyond Chuck Norris and Rambo COMBINED.

Never John though. The Master Chief is John.

E: And Flynn Taggart?

qoGgZda.jpg

Edited by UnclePhil

I believe its Doomguy cause ID Software wanted Doomguy to resemble the player and not a fictional character and if you think about it, it kind of fits because allthough every player has the same "objective" while playing the way you tackle each challenge is in the player's hands...still the core idea remains the same no mater how you like to call Doomguy, no guts no glory...