Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HyperRealisticBlood

GZDoom revealing secrets

Question

I'm making a map in Ultimate Doom Builder for GZDoom, and every time I test the map the automap is way too aggressive, going so far as to show rooms on the other side of closed doors, including secrets behind fake walls. Am I making some sort of mistake somewhere? Do I need to be tagging secret sectors with something other than secret?

6 answers to this question

There are flags for linedefs to never show them on the map or to always show them, so make sure those aren't checked accidentally. Otherwise, not sure. If you can send the WAD to look at hands on that would be very helpful!

Could you be more explicit about what's being revealed? Lines, or sector textures? Note that being able to "see" lines that you haven't actually seen is a problem that goes all the way back to vanilla Doom. It's hard to fix that without creating other problems.

Also just FYI there's a line flag called "secret" that makes the line appear as a regular wall.

Giving a sector the secret special isn't enough to hide it on the automap. You'll also need to give the surrounding lines the "not shown on automap" flag, as well as the "shown as 1-sided on automap" flag on the lines that constitute the secret door.