Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

A Doomed Database

The doomDB Admin has let us know of the launch of nothing but the doomDB 0.9 Beta. What is it you ask? Well, from what I can figure, it's a listing of zips on the 3DArchives server, detailing the contents of each: title of the Wad, filename, DeHackEd patches, demos, etc. Doom, Doom II, Heretic, and Hexen single player and deathmatch Wads are covered. Also, each entry includes a .DFL file for use with King Doom's KDX launcher.

Interesting. But It's seems even harder to find stuff, because the pages are so big

Cool, now it won't be so tedious to login to all the different folders at 3Dgamers looking for new stuff.

THANKS!

What's the use of this database? It seems pretty useless to me. It does not even include files in /Ports

Is this done via a script of some sort or is it all done by hand?

It links files on the main server, which is mainly for uploading, not downloading. It should point to the mirrors (or to the mirrors as well, at least.)

OK, some of you used to give some constructive critique. That's nice.
I'll see what I can do. The current state of the doomDB is only reflecting 10% of what I've imagined from a Doom database.

doomDB Admin said:

OK, some of you used to give some constructive critique. That's nice.

Hey, where´s the authors´ names?

Want a suggestion DoomDB Admin? Catalog the files by author, would be a lot useful! :p

What I want is for the data base to be completely
searchable, by theme, by features, by what game
and sourceport, by author. Being able to search
the data base to single out wads that have trains in them,
or based on a haunted mansion would really be nice.

Also, and offline version that can be downloaded,
and searched in the same manner as the web site, and
updated would be a very valuable tool, especialy for
those whit insanely large wad collections.

What do you mean, Ebola? Are you saying a database wouldn't work because of that? It'd be OK if the database could somehow read the "advanced engine required" info in the text files. Though even this is misleading occasionally, but it should help in general.