Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xdude_gamer

So I emailed John Romero and here's what he said

You know, i respect that John answers these questions to this day - I can imagine he has heard these a few times already and most of what he has saying has been known.

And asking if he can reveal Sigil 2 release date? Like, you know the answer will be no. Don't project your hopes and dreams man.

The man really loves Doom. Great fella.

10 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

You know, i respect that John answers these questions to this day - I can imagine he has heard these a few times already and most of what he has saying has been known.

And asking if he can reveal Sigil 2 release date? Like, you know the answer will be no. Don't project your hopes and dreams man.

The man really loves Doom. Great fella.

Yeah, I was just asking the questions with humble intent. But at least Sigil 2 is gonna be something a little bit new :)

25 minutes ago, Immorpher said:

It will be interesting to see where Sigil 2 takes place in relation to Doom 64.

Would be cool. It sounds rather exciting to me, we'll see how it goes :)

It's pretty cool John is still so involved with the community. Ya know, it makes almost forget about that one game... almost.

1 minute ago, Smoothandz said:

It's pretty cool John is still so involved with the community. Ya know, it makes almost forget about that one game... almost.

john made you his bitch

Just now, The BMFG said:

john made you his bitch

Two times.
Depends though: you'd have to buy Daikatana and download Sigil

4 minutes ago, Smoothandz said:

Daikatana is a good game that got hated on for reasons entirely external to the game.

4 minutes ago, Cynical said:

Daikatana is a good game that got hated on for reasons entirely external to the game.

Naw, I bought Daikatana from a dude at school in 2004. I had just finished my first PC build and was playing Doom 3 hardcore at the time. Dude at school over heard me talking about Doom and offered me Daikatana for 20 bucks (I think.) Mind you my opinion today might be different (with all the patches and fixes and such) but at the time I became so frustrated with the first part of the game I ended up giving the game away. 

Funny side note I remember to that story, the dude was selling all his PC stuff because he said... and I quote, "PC is dead, Xbox is going to kill the PC scene." yeah buddy, you keep thinking that.  

2 minutes ago, Snark said:

I love the "Doom is for internal use  only". Sounds medical, and almost...kinky

Doom your insides with a chainsaw

26 minutes ago, Cynical said:

First part sucks but then it's really good. Most people didn't make it past the sucky part.

3 hours ago, Immorpher said:

It will be interesting to see where Sigil 2 takes place in relation to Doom 64.

What if it's a direct prequel to 64 and then, plot twist, Romero makes a mapset for Doom 64 next instead of Quake?

1 minute ago, Ryath (aka scwiba) said:

What if it's a direct prequel to 64 and then, plot twist, Romero makes a mapset for Doom 64 next instead of Quake?

At this point, you probably will be the first out of all of us to know if we will be getting a Sigil 64! haha

3 minutes ago, Ryath (aka scwiba) said:

Imagine if SIGIL 2 is just his excuse to make a hellish new version of IDMAP01

2 minutes ago, BerserkerNoir said:

Damn, Sigil for Doom 2?
Thats 32 levels, Its gonna take long but it will be worth the wait.
And that also means more custom music!

Doesn't necessarily mean he's going to do all 32.

5 hours ago, xdude_gamer said:

A: Almost every version of DOOM that you’ve seen was only meant for internal use. The versions that got out may have been through beta testers or press, but generally we did not make new versions for outside people. v0.1 was only internal. DOOM was running from the minute the first line of code was written – we were constantly iterating on it the entire year. The v0.1 could have been just to show us that the engine was up and running for the first time.

This is standard development practice. I find his statement about Doom running from the first line of code a bit weird. Although I suppose outputting "Doom 0.1 Development Build" or whatever is doing something.

5 hours ago, xdude_gamer said:

Q: Why did id Software decide to rerelease Doom 1 with a 4th episode late in the development of Doom II? Version 1.9 of the Engine came around on February 1, 1995, with Ultimate Doom releasing about 3 months later.

This has been known since it was released. They added the extra episode to sweeten the pot as it were.

That reminds me I messaged him on Instagram once. Strange thing, Doom II v1.8 english exists, but there's not a released version anywhere afaik.

image.png.865eee64e619519771999c38c6223392.png

17 hours ago, Murdoch said:

Doesn't necessarily mean he's going to do all 32.

This is standard development practice. I find his statement about Doom running from the first line of code a bit weird. Although I suppose outputting "Doom 0.1 Development Build" or whatever is doing something.

This has been known since it was released. They added the extra episode to sweeten the pot as it were.

Yeah I get you.

15 hours ago, TotalTS said:

That reminds me I messaged him on Instagram once. Strange thing, Doom II v1.8 english exists, but there's not a released version anywhere afaik.

image.png.865eee64e619519771999c38c6223392.png

But i literally have it right now.

2 hours ago, TotalTS said:

You mean on floppy disk or CD release?

Using this patch.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/historic/dm2_18pt

You can't tell me it doesn't exist.

On 9/22/2021 at 2:48 AM, xdude_gamer said:

We thought about multiplayer mode in November 1992 before starting on DOOM. The rules for Deathmatch were made as we programmed it in October 1993.

i can smell the recent changes tab in DoomWiki getting spam