Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
K_Doom

Slopes + 3D Object = Bizarre Objects

Hi guys, I was going back to creating sectors for my map when I decided to create another 3D platform of the many I made. It was then that I came across a strangely tall object that I had no idea I had made. Below is the video of the generated object 👇

WTFbigtower.zip

This object in the video is simply one of the four thin ramps I made around this square, where the soulsphere is deposited.

659374528_Semttulo.png.8c2e17b8e6be3fa8b715f4df31f7125f.png

I noticed that anything involving slopes and 3D objects behaves strangely. These two extremely tall pillars appeared from small 3D slopes I made, and any other weird structure comes from the same motif (slopes + 3D).

I wanted to know if it's possible that this could cause a problem in the future, that the whole project will buggy, get too heavy or something?

That "stangely tall object" is the control sector of your 3D floor. Its looks are normal, and happen due to the way slopes work in GZDoom.

41 minutes ago, boris said:

Esse "objeto estranhamente alto" é o setor de controle do seu piso 3D. Seus looks são normais, e acontecem devido à forma como funcionam as encostas no GZDoom.

Glad to hear, thank you Boris. 🐈