Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom-X-Machina

DISSENSION v1.4 FINAL IS RELEASED!!!

This looks great, definitely gonna give this a go.

EDIT: Played through to map3 and enjoying it so far. The levels look really pretty and I had a blast playing through them, although my framerates dropped a lot in some areas but still pretty great stuff.

Edited by NikkoDikko

How are you supposed to use Brutal doom together with this? Do you drag and drop an archive containing both files on gzdoom exe?

2 hours ago, Mangudai said:

How are you supposed to use Brutal doom together with this? Do you drag and drop an archive containing both files on gzdoom exe?

Yeah, if you drag both this and the Brutal Doom pk3 and drop on the GZ executable it should load everything you need.
I use ZDL so I've got Brutal Doom and my mods all preloaded in a list before I boot.

10 hours ago, NikkoDikko said:

This looks great, definitely gonna give this a go.

EDIT: Played through to map3 and enjoying it so far. The levels look really pretty and I had a blast playing through them, although my framerates dropped a lot in some areas but still pretty great stuff.

Yeah there's some FPS drops in places, not as bad as they were in the previous version. Really tried to cut that down to a minimum. It's still not perfect but after working on it since February 2019... I'm not sure what else I can do lol But thankyou for the feedback, I'm glad you're enjoying it :)

19 hours ago, Martinoz said:

Haven't done an almost 3 hour long video for a lot of time

Thankyou so much for this!!!

I honestly thought my WAD had gone unnoticed and forgotten a long time ago... this has really spurred me on to complete Dissension II.

I hope you enjoyed playing it :) I enjoyed making it.

It's a bit of a trip-out to see someone else playing through with their own mods and alterations and getting down with something you've created :)

<3

Hello.

I played this wad and i really enjoyed it. It always nice to see cool GZDoom wads like this. 😊

Special effects are great, cutscenes are really well made and maps are awesome.

One thing i didn't enjoyed tho

Spoiler

is endless spawm of flying demons like cacos in map06 (that room with red hellish teleport)

but overall this mappack is awesome. 😉

On 6/13/2023 at 8:05 PM, Meyland12 said:

Hello.

I played this wad and i really enjoyed it. It always nice to see cool GZDoom wads like this. 😊

Special effects are great, cutscenes are really well made and maps are awesome.

One thing i didn't enjoyed tho

Hide contents

is endless spawm of flying demons like cacos in map06 (that room with red hellish teleport)

but overall this mappack is awesome. 😉

Awesome :) Thankyou for the feedback. Glad you enjoyed playing it...

That room in map06... if you press the switch that closes the rift gate it stops the endless spawning demons from entering ;)

about that room good to know but fact that i was playing this map pack with project brutally didn't made this easier. Unfortually in brutal doom like mods game usually lags when tons of monsters are around but that fault of mod, not map itself.

P.S: I will understand about that switch next time.

Glad to hear you're still planning to work on Dissension II! This was a neat mod that fell under the radar when it first released but definitely nice to see GZ mapsets like this.

Beat the first map and this is giving me major winter's fury vibes!

Impeccable lighting and detailing. Can't wait to play the rest.

It seems it's impossible to get 100% kills in map 6. There are two monsters in tanks that never die.

On 8/27/2023 at 1:24 AM, Firedust said:

It seems it's impossible to get 100% kills in map 6. There are two monsters in tanks that never die.

They're killed via script when the final elevator switch is flicked. If you've killed everything else, you'll get 100% kills.

2 hours ago, Doom-X-Machina said:

They're killed via script when the final elevator switch is flicked. If you've killed everything else, you'll get 100% kills.

Okay, for whatever reason the script didn't work for me. I even tried the killmonsters command, and that didn't work either. FYI this only happens in this particular level.

Also, another thing - in the mars reactor core level, when use the yellow key to blow up the core, I die in the explosion and there doesn't seem to be any way out of it because a cutscene triggers.

hey, i just played this after i read about dissension in the cacowards from 2 days ago https://www.doomworld.com/cacowards/2023/special/ i wanted to say you did a really good job with the atmosphere, i have not seen too many wads that did it this well. and now here i am reading you are also planning on a sequel. really looking forward to that! but first i must complete the last maps of this :-)

41 minutes ago, Wardriver said:

hey, i just played this after i read about dissension in the cacowards from 2 days ago https://www.doomworld.com/cacowards/2023/special/ i wanted to say you did a really good job with the atmosphere, i have not seen too many wads that did it this well. and now here i am reading you are also planning on a sequel. really looking forward to that! but first i must complete the last maps of this :-)

<3 OMG I didn't even realise I got a mention until you commented... wow! I am truly humbled... thankyou to you and everyone else who have had a play with it. i honestly thought it totally flew under the radar a long time ago... and yes the megawad sequel is definitely 100% in the works :D

So I just started playing this about an hour or so ago, and man, it is absolutely amazing so far! Only made it through 2 maps atm, but can't wait to get to the rest when I can!

One issue I've run into however... for some reason, the Mega Armor secret in MAP02 isn't tagged as a secret for me, so I can only get 4 of the map's 5 secrets. Any clues as to why? The only addon I'm playing this with is PB 3.0.

I can edit this comment with any further secret-related issues I run into in future levels, but just needed to bring this one up in the meantime, as it's bugging me LOL

EDIT: The Shotgun Shell secret at the beginning of MAP03 doesn't register for me either LOL, wondering what could be causing these issues? Some sectors just aren't tagged as secrets, yet the secret counter in the HUD still counts them... really odd.

Edited by Chozo Ghost

On 2/19/2024 at 5:43 PM, Doom-X-Machina said:

v1.4 update on it's way...

Is The Final Version Being Prepared? Cool! I wrote an opinion about your Project on September 23, 2023 (In Russian). Unsurprisingly, it received special attention at Cacowards 2023. WAD is very cool and atmospheric.

I hope the optimization will be better. And then the Last Levels with Red and Black Fog heavily loaded GZDOOM.

10 hours ago, Blacklight said:

I hope the optimization will be better. And then the Last Levels with Red and Black Fog heavily loaded GZDOOM.

No issues here. Upgrade your system.

And no, that won't be changed.

Hey I just discovered this wad and want to play it really bad but I'm having an issue running it with Project Brutality.
As soon as Doomguy puts his helmet, the camera goes like in the screenshot. 
Any help?

Captura de pantalla 2024-03-22 122550.png

7 hours ago, YungOmen said:

Hey I just discovered this wad and want to play it really bad but I'm having an issue running it with Project Brutality.
As soon as Doomguy puts his helmet, the camera goes like in the screenshot. 
Any help?

Captura de pantalla 2024-03-22 122550.png

Project Brutality is the problem. It's recommended you don't use Brutal Doom or any of it's derivitives due to the instable issues those mods cause.
v1.0 relied on Brutal Doom however each successive update up to v1.4 gradually reduced and removed the reliance on Brutal Doom because it was so buggy and problematic. Use Brutal Doom/Project Brutality at your own peril.

10 hours ago, Doom-X-Machina said:

Project Brutality is the problem. It's recommended you don't use Brutal Doom or any of it's derivitives due to the instable issues those mods cause.
v1.0 relied on Brutal Doom however each successive update up to v1.4 gradually reduced and removed the reliance on Brutal Doom because it was so buggy and problematic. Use Brutal Doom/Project Brutality at your own peril.

Understood. So I have to play this wad without any of these two modifications.

Glad I'm not having problem playing without them. Thanks for the response!

On 10/1/2021 at 1:19 PM, Doom-X-Machina said:

Yeah, if you drag both this and the Brutal Doom pk3 and drop on the GZ executable it should load everything you need.
I use ZDL so I've got Brutal Doom and my mods all preloaded in a list before I boot.

I wouldn't do a simple drag-and-drop cuz at least on Window$ the order is unpredictable regardless of which order you selected them, so you should use either the mentioned ZDL or (like me) make a Batch/PowerShell script:

- .bat for LiTDOOM and dragging (or directly naming) 1 file, namely the WAD you wanna play:

START "" /HIGH /D "%~dp0" "%~dp0"\gzdoom.exe -iwad doom2 -file "%~1" -file "LiTDOOM - 0.595c.pk3"

- Same as a .sh for Bash on Linux:

#!/usr/bin/env bash

##Ensure the readability & executability:
chmod -v ugo+rx 'gzdoom'

./'gzdoom' -iwad doom2 -file "${1}" -file 'LiTDOOM - 0.595c.pk3'