Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disorder

Hell unleashed in the media

Let's just assume that it is the year 2146, a short while after the catastrophic events on Phobos. Demonic forces have just invaded planet Earth. What would we see/hear/read in the media?
The point of this thread is to take a snapshot of a website/newspaper/etc. and give it a slick realistic photoshop-makeover. I tried to make CNN's website look like Hell had just unleashed it's Demons on Earth. I hope I didn't make any typo's or grammarmistakes.

Hopefully, many members will follow and make something of their own. Criticism is welcome, as long as it is usefull. By the way, I know CNN's website doesn't look like this in the future, but it ofcourse would take way too long to make a complete new website ;P

CNN's website in the year 2146(?)

Looks like the UAC is in a lot of trouble.

The following picture is an extract from a newsmagazine such as Time in the year 2145. This happened just after the loss of radiocontact with Mars' outpost. Read this and hopefully you'll enjoy it.

More pictures might be coming up soon.

Hahahahahaha, funny :-)

Seriously thouhg, I doubt that newsfolk will have much time to write such colourful descriptions of the events - they're likely to quickly make a broadcast and a message to people, urging people to evacuate, before they try to save their own skin.

Nice try....funny try ;-)

DOOM Anomaly said:

.....Hmm

The stocks dont seem to be doing to good :D

I actually flipped the arrows upside down and colored them red.

Ichor said:

Wolf Blitzer is still alive?

Assuming that right now would be 2146 :)
Either that, or they cloned him.

Shaviro said:

Best...Fan Pic...ever!

Huh? I thought that fredrik's D00M TEH R33L STOREY was the best fan fic ever ;-)

Now imagine the reaction if those guys who hacked RIAA (again?) did the same thing to CNN and put that picture, including the missing bottom half, on the front page.

It would be the War of the Worlds radio broadcast all over again (at least for the gullible, heheh).

That is an excellent plan! By the way, does anyone have some plans for making other fake media-screenshots? Hopefully, we can have a thread full of this stuff. I've always wanted to give a little realistic twist to Doom.

-edit- Typo removed in pic.

OMG!! Do you mean this is the end of 'Reign of Idiots'?

Aaww, damn. That's unpossible. :(

Disorder said:

What's 'Reign of idiots'?

Duhh, what do you think? The world is full of them. Sadly, they also rule the world. (mostly) :P

ravage said:

Duhh, what do you think? The world is full of them. Sadly, they also rule the world. (mostly) :P

Because of the quotationmarks I thought you mentioned a tv-show or something.. Nevermind.

ROFL, nice made.... :)
2146... hmmm 2003, I guess it will happen, when my grand-grand-grand children's children lives... :P

Torn said:

ROFL, nice made.... :)
2146... hmmm 2003, I guess it will happen, when my grand-grand-grand children's children lives... :P

You better teach your grandchildren to teach their children how to fight demons by letting them play Doom 3 and training them in real life weapons :-P

Nice pics. :) Sure is good idea, I'm hoping to see more reports ect. How 'bout some photo manipulations which show demons chasing (or eating) humans. :)

King II said:

How 'bout some photo manipulations which show demons chasing (or eating) humans. :)

That would be hard though, since sprites aren't really convincing. I've tried something like that about 2 years ago and I had to blur the picture and make it look like it was taken in a hurry. I also had to move the sprites to the background to make them look more convincing.

But feel free to take a shot at it, I'm hoping to see some more pics by others in this thread.

Disorder said:

That would be hard though, since sprites aren't really convincing. I've tried something like that about 2 years ago and I had to blur the picture and make it look like it was taken in a hurry. I also had to move the sprites to the background to make them look more convincing.

You could use Doom 3 screenshots - cut out zombies and demons from Doom 3 screenshots and throw them into the pic in a way so that they fit.

footman said:

Speaking of D00m t3h r33l st0ry, what happened to it, i wanna read it, i never did. :/

Fredrik deleted it - ask him on IRC to send it to you, 'cause he still has it on his hard drive afaik.

Cool ! I was thinking about doing something similar to the CNN website, running stories about the third world war a few years from now. "SKY IS CHARRED WITH THE SOOT OF A HUNDRED MILLION DEAD", things like that.

Great job.

Lord FlatHead said:

Cool ! I was thinking about doing something similar to the CNN website, running stories about the third world war a few years from now. "SKY IS CHARRED WITH THE SOOT OF A HUNDRED MILLION DEAD", things like that.

I would really like to see that. Maybe it would be nice if someone would make fake-newspapers too. Somehow, fake news relating to Doom is far more interesting to me than just artwork. No offense really, but it makes it far more easy to believe what you're seeing.

Stealthy Ivan said:

Ah hahaha
If that actually happen, we can kiss our ass's goodbye...

Not Necessarily tho, we do know how to defeat them. ;)