Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lubba127

a new megawad by Lubba - and maybe you!

hey guys!

I just posted the demo for this wad, you can find it here:

this is in no way a final release, instead being a selection of my maps for you and others to judge. 

I'm done with my wad.

Barons deep.zip

(No, this name is totally not an innuendo, so is the Imp in the library)

This map is cruel and hard on UV, but that's also the reason why I wanted to have the map32 slot. You can still reject my map if it is too mean for your megawad. That is if you want to, I put a lot of effort into this map (though some areas were not as fleshed out as I had imagined but that is time that was building a lot of pressure on me, making me forcefully pull ideas out of my behind). Do not let the last paragraph with wadhosting irritate you. I will upload it there too for everyone to enjoy it.

Have a nice day.

20 hours ago, thiccyosh said:

I'm done with my wad.

Barons deep.zip

(No, this name is totally not an innuendo, so is the Imp in the library)

This map is cruel and hard on UV, but that's also the reason why I wanted to have the map32 slot. You can still reject my map if it is too mean for your megawad. That is if you want to, I put a lot of effort into this map (though some areas were not as fleshed out as I had imagined but that is time that was building a lot of pressure on me, making me forcefully pull ideas out of my behind). Do not let the last paragraph with wadhosting irritate you. I will upload it there too for everyone to enjoy it.

Have a nice day.

oh my god dude.

I'm not done the map yet, but even then I gotta say this is fucking brutal! I'll definitely add it to the wad, it's a pain in my ass and I love it! from the combat to the incredible attention to detail this map has a lot going for it. thank you so much for the map contribution!

3 hours ago, lubba127 said:

I'll definitely add it to the wad, it's a pain in my ass and I love it!

That is actually really surprising for me to hear, I'm glad you've enjoyed it as much as I did making this map! I'm looking forward to your megawad, as it was really fun to play!

As for the intermission screen when you enter map32: think of something that makes this map more mysterious, notice how there are no zombies in the fort itself (other than one zombieman under UV)? Or how this fort is made out of flesh and gore with red bricks on top of it? Go hog wild when you write the intermission text!

Have a nice day :)

Bring back a map i made for another project and turned into a vanilla map, but before continuing i want andress some things, is something like this acceptable?

Immagine-2021-11-02-000253.png

Immagine-2021-11-02-000329.png

26 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Bring back a map i made for another project and turned into a vanilla map, but before continuing i want andress some things, is something like this acceptable?

Immagine-2021-11-02-000253.png

Immagine-2021-11-02-000329.png

I mean, as long as the vanilla version is different from the advanced version, it should be ok. maybe change some things up but keep the original concept/gimmick/layout just so it can be classified as a "remix" (or "demix" in this case? I'll see myself out ;D).

just don't completely copy a pre existing map and you should be fine. remixed levels are allowed!

1 hour ago, Walter confetti said:

It's ok even with the lava on the top of the ceiling like in the first shot? Or is too weird?

Make it as weird as you want! Just make sure it's fun and not a total eye sore.

7 hours ago, xdude_gamer said:

Got a few more pieces of music for the project. Take a listen!

[OST] PafWADMo.zip

PREVAIL.zip

banger tracks dude thank you! only complaint is that some tracks are a bit repetitive, but that shouldn't be an issue if I use em right.

one more thing, did you compose these all yourself? if you did I want to know so I can give you the appropriate credit you deserve. 

Just now, lubba127 said:

banger tracks dude thank you! only complaint is that some tracks are a bit repetitive, but that shouldn't be an issue if I use em right.

one more thing, did you compose these all yourself? if you did I want to know so I can give you the appropriate credit you deserve. 

Yes, I made them all myself.

Apologies for the repetitiveness. PafWADMo was a bit of a super hard map with tons of monsters so the tracks were often unheard when in deep combat.

ATTENTION!

ALL REMAINING GUEST MAPS ARE TO BE SUBMITTED BY TOMORROW!!

...or at least presented in this thread. if someone is actively working on a map then let me know so I can give you an extension. for those who wanted to contribute, but have not worked on anything for the project, sorry but submissions are not being taken anymore.

again, those who are actively working on a map can keep working on it, but just reply to this comment to let me know that you're working on something.

I will be making a new thread soon with another demo to play, so make sure to stop by when it's up! I will link it here for those who don't directly see it.

thank you and have a wonderful day :D

I'm sorry but... I didn't make nothing and I'm not interested anymore in this, get more involved in other projects in these days. I'd upload what i made next time.

48 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

I'm sorry but... I didn't make nothing and I'm not interested anymore in this, get more involved in other projects in these days. I'd upload what i made next time.

all good! in that case, we're done with community submissions. there will be an update on the wad soon, so stay tuned!