Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

some screenshots would be nice

fwiw that was meant as a helpful guide for newcomers. if someone who has posted dozens of wad threads decides something is optional, that's their "risk" to take. would say this OP is solid and very efficient at providing important info about the wad and how to play it.

edit: keep the thread on subject now. cleaned up thread. 

I don't mind people asking for screenshots, but yeah it's obviously intentional when I don't post any in an OP. Plus, all these maps have already been released in their original form, so people should already be familiar with them and have them memorized and have recorded faster max demos than mine. :)

By the way, it's too bad my Antifa Daydreams thread got deleted. I didn't realize jokewads weren't allowed. I had been working on some dehacked tricks since the "ULTIMATE slaughter map" thread was started. Then a couple days ago I had the funny idea to use one of those tricks to make a nazi endlessly resurrect itself after you kill it, and today I finished it.

From what I know, both memes and politics are off the table for DW wads, but you can still upload it to a number of sites if you want, doomshack, TSPG, WadHosting, etc will all host it!

There were wads about Trump, Coronavirus, etc that were also similarly Hell’d to avoid shitstorms, afaik (just don’t want you to think you’re being singled out, seems to be across the board policy)

lol I like that you got some shots of merkin.

Here's an update to v39, map666-704 maplist, same settings: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cVlnmNsaqEKyeE2iRtWthiXHiRE53bvP/view?usp=sharing

- added the rest of my sf2012 maps

- removed the useless teleporter-to-tag-zero lines in my sf3 maps so they load much faster in zdaemon and don't crash

- fixed a fatal bug in UDINO e4m9 that left the map broken. That bug is really embarrassing, normally I record a demo before releasing a map or at least have the map demo-ready, but for these long multiplayer maps I've just been playing through them once and adding fixes during the playthrough, but I forgot to tag a sector while adding the fixes and I didn't play through the map again to notice. So now I'm just a lazy mapper like everyone else and am obviously filled with shame and deserve suicide as a punishment (the suicide part is a joke).

@damo Awesome, thanks!

Yeah, I believe merkin was a part of the first WOOO wad and uses an exaggerated mapping style with bizarre and "bad" design choices while still being fun to play. I've used that style on a couple other maps too, like sf2012 map19 and dmp2016 map06.

Coop-20211012-152615.png.cf970efa31687233c3ca3886308710ae.png

Coop-20211012-152455.png.646ab58c2bc9e2e5838a2589c3e0303c.png

Coop-20211012-152016.png.2ed64920855952c6cddf3c4bfb795f5a.png

Coop-20211012-151847.png.bd17fb5e69185a804aa70f486a69868b.png