Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xdude_gamer

Will TeamTNT ever be reunited with its remaining members?

29 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

you need a team of TNT lovers to help you out ;)
I know quite a few who would totally love to help.
Count me in, already :)

After Ty Halderman, Chris Couleur became the de facto project manager. I will send him an email and direct him to this thread. Perhaps he can get something going that is more meaningful than wistful email exchanges between him and me.

[EDIT: I've sent Chris an email and directed him to this thread. He might be able to stir up enough interest to get this sleeping beast moving again.]

Edited by ReX : Added information

1 hour ago, ReX said:

After Ty Halderman, Chris Couleur became the de facto project manager. I will send him an email and direct him to this thread. Perhaps he can get something going that is more meaningful than wistful email exchanges between him and me.

[EDIT: I've sent Chris an email and directed him to this thread. He might be able to stir up enough interest to get this sleeping beast moving again.]

I've got a lot of interest in making music for TeamTNT. It would be a massive honor.

14 minutes ago, maxmanium said:

I do wish we could've seen what would have become of Boom or OGRE. The former never got past Phase I.

I'm fairly sure if 'proff' never named his version prboom and just carried on the changes as Boom 2.xx etc..  we would have had a Boom+ Instead of a prboom+ but probably with the same extended feature set (MBF support etc..).  But yes, where would it have gone to if TeamTNT didn't abandon it?  We can only guess.

2 hours ago, ReX said:

Chris Couleur, one of the original TeamTNT members, has been interested in reviving Eternal Doom IV: Return from Oblivion. He and I correspond via email about this, but neither of us has moved forward with anything. Moreover, with the untimely loss of Espi (arguably the leading creative force of the team) and Ty Halderman, the burden now needs to be shouldered by Chris and me. I have been toying with working on the first hub (which Ty and I had envisioned to be a massive space station), but in the past few years I've had less free time and I have been trying to advance other DooM projects.

Yeah, I figured as much. That is why I was wondering about the possibility of passing the baton to a new team.

But even if that were to happen, it would probably become a whole new project anyway. Oh well. :/

Great to see there is some interest but sadly i think it's all over as far as the old group. I only talk with Alex and Adam these days and Rex. Alex is a big no way. Adam made a little map about a year ago but i dont think he would get involved again but maybe. I think he was home for work cause of covid and he had to kill a little time. He was the youngest by far of the group. It seemed like Sverre was around a while back and maybe still is and kind of into it but i never talk with him. There's a slight chance if something got going i could get motivated again. I never did want to quit. We had a pretty good group going after E4 with Paul and DIA back but it all died hard and fast.

Chris

19 minutes ago, maxmanium said:

I do wish we could've seen what would have become of Boom or OGRE. The former never got past Phase I.

Probably not much beyond bug fixes and maintenance honestly; after Boom the majority of the coding effort was focused on OGRE/Ragnarok.

2 minutes ago, chrisc2 said:

Great to see there is some interest but sadly i think it's all over as far as the old group. I only talk with Alex and Adam these days and Rex. Alex is a big no way. Adam made a little map about a year ago but i dont think he would get involved again but maybe. I think he was home for work cause of covid and he had to kill a little time. He was the youngest by far of the group. It seemed like Sverre was around a while back and maybe still is and kind of into it but i never talk with him. There's a slight chance if something got going i could get motivated again. I never did want to quit. We had a pretty good group going after E4 with Paul and DIA back but it all died hard and fast.

Chris

I think Sverre is still pretty active, quite few people here seem interested in making a new phase of TNT to finish Eternal IV. I for one would love to make a map, but who knows. It's all up to you guys. 

8 minutes ago, chrisc2 said:

Chris

Truly heartbreaking. But perhaps, a new generation of TeamTNT is in order, under the guidance and wisdom of the old masters, the original TeamTNT members who made such excellent music and maps. Maybe, the stars will align, and, God willing, TeamTNT exists anew. It's your call, however, I am simply theorizing.

7 hours ago, ReX said:

4 hours ago, chrisc2 said:

Chris

i think @theDia is still around, too.
I remember that he worked on some Eternal Doom maps, right?
Doomwiki is down so i can't check.

Also, @rfnagel @JDoyle and @Soundblock are around, so a good number of Eternal Doom and members of Team TNT are around :D
Same @skillsaw and @Kor.

Maybe, if the people mentioned come to an agreement, maybe you can all work on releasing something interesting.
Anything from you, guys, will be always come as a blessing for us ;)

Speaking of old teams, I've decided to start working on a revival of the GothicDM style, if anyone in the thread is interested of course.

It would be nice to see Eternal Doom IV finished in some capacity by new mappers with suitable skill, with the hopeful blessing or better still participation of those members still around. I think it would be a nice tribute to the team's legacy and to the members who have sadly left us like Espi and Ty.

14 hours ago, P41R47 said:

i think @theDia is still around, too.
I remember that he worked on some Eternal Doom maps, right?
Doomwiki is down so i can't check.

Also, @rfnagel @JDoyle and @Soundblock are around, so a good number of Eternal Doom and members of Team TNT are around :D
Same @skillsaw and @Kor.

Maybe, if the people mentioned come to an agreement, maybe you can all work on releasing something interesting.
Anything from you, guys, will be always come as a blessing for us ;)

Unfortunately, my interest in creating Doom levels is but pale shadow compared to what it used to be.  It'll be a miracle if I manage to get V2I done.  :)

6 hours ago, Murdoch said:

It would be nice to see Eternal Doom IV finished in some capacity by new mappers with suitable skill, with the hopeful blessing or better still participation of those members still around. I think it would be a nice tribute to the team's legacy and to the members who have sadly left us like Espi and Ty.

This should be continued as a community project I think.  Time to get it finished once and for all!  It should also work on DOS Boom as a fitting tribute.

2 minutes ago, Gibbon said:

This should be continued as a community project I think.  Time to get it finished once and for all!  It should also work on DOS Boom as a fitting tribute.

It really should be finished. Although, as touching as it would be to run on Boom 2.02 (or your excellent ReBoom), wasn't Eternal Doom IV a ZDoom wad?

5 minutes ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

It really should be finished. Although, as touching as it would be to run on Boom 2.02 (or your excellent ReBoom), wasn't Eternal Doom IV a ZDoom wad?

Yeah I think it was :(

2 hours ago, Gibbon said:

Yeah I think it was :(

Yes it was so that intent should still be honoured.

Eternal Doom IV would be an excellent community project. But in the name of God, 25 more maps at the esteem and regard of the original 7 would be really hard.

Skillsaw was technically a member, but I think it was probably more of a deathmatch thing. He'd be like 12 when Evilution was released. Same with Kim, other than the age aspect.

It would be cool if someone tried to track them down. While they probably have no interest in Doom mapping these days, it'd be interesting to see what Rand Phares, Drake O'Brien, Robin Patenall, Christopher Buteau, Jim Lovell, and Gary Gosson are all doing these days.

19 minutes ago, LadyMistDragon said:

Skillsaw was technically a member, but I think it was probably more of a deathmatch thing. He'd be like 12 when Evilution was released. Same with Kim, other than the age aspect.

It would be cool if someone tried to track them down. While they probably have no interest in Doom mapping these days, it'd be interesting to see what Rand Phares, Drake O'Brien, Robin Patenall, Christopher Buteau, Jim Lovell, and Gary Gosson are all doing these days.

Skillsaw was part of my Ultimate Invasion project.  When UI became an official TeamTNT project in 98 (Ty's idea), the UI team became part of TeamTNT.  Some other members to join through UI were Mark Klem and Nick Baker.

On 9/26/2021 at 10:04 AM, chrisc2 said:

Great to see there is some interest but sadly i think it's all over as far as the old group. I only talk with Alex and Adam these days and Rex. Alex is a big no way. Adam made a little map about a year ago but i dont think he would get involved again but maybe. I think he was home for work cause of covid and he had to kill a little time. He was the youngest by far of the group.

Chris

Could Adam be persuaded to release this map somewhere?

i will send this link and an email to Adam. Good times. I remember our group meetings on compuserve action forums. Never really accomplished anything but so much fun. Me and Adam would deathmatch for ten cents a minute and he would smoke me. Of course i paid because he was 17. I'm 60 in three weeks. I want to to see E4 finished.

Chris

On 9/28/2021 at 11:52 PM, LadyMistDragon said:

I'd love to ask Rand Phares why he wanted to torture future developers by adding multiple line comments at EOL.  Dealing with those in ReBOOM has been quite a pain :) but a nice legacy that lives on, for now.

Hey folks, Adam here. Thanks Chris for letting me know about this thread. It's great to see such a tight knit community still exists for Doom, and the interest in E4! I have a lot of fond memories working on levels for Eternal Doom, and Eternal Deathmatch with Chris. I really appreciate the TNT folks for letting me contribute despite my levels being pretty amateurish compared to the others in terms of complexity, design, gameplay, art theme, fit & finish, etc. As Chris mentioned, last year I worked on a new level just for kicks and it's mostly complete. Chris shared what exists of E4 with me last year and honestly their work is still at least a couple tiers above mine. While I'm not interested in building any more levels from scratch for E4 and doubt my chops are up to the task, if Chris & co would like to include this level I have no issues with that. Primarily it just needs the difficulty levels fleshed out. It would need to fit the theme of the pack of course. Design-wise it's a tech base and it would take more than re-texturing to fit a different theme which I wouldn't be up for. Attached is the WAD. I built it using Doom Builder, gzdoom, vanilla Doom2 IWAD, no jump. Only Ultra Violence works correctly, though it may not be hard enough for today's standards.

MilBase_AdamLand_2021-11-07.zip

38 minutes ago, Whiplash said:

Hey folks, Adam here. Thanks Chris for letting me know about this thread. It's great to see such a tight knit community still exists for Doom, and the interest in E4! I have a lot of fond memories working on levels for Eternal Doom, and Eternal Deathmatch with Chris. I really appreciate the TNT folks for letting me contribute despite my levels being pretty amateurish compared to the others in terms of complexity, design, gameplay, art theme, fit & finish, etc. As Chris mentioned, last year I worked on a new level just for kicks and it's mostly complete. Chris shared what exists of E4 with me last year and honestly their work is still at least a couple tiers above mine. While I'm not interested in building any more levels from scratch for E4 and doubt my chops are up to the task, if Chris & co would like to include this level I have no issues with that. Primarily it just needs the difficulty levels fleshed out. It would need to fit the theme of the pack of course. Design-wise it's a tech base and it would take more than re-texturing to fit a different theme which I wouldn't be up for. Attached is the WAD. I built it using Doom Builder, gzdoom, vanilla Doom2 IWAD, no jump. Only Ultra Violence works correctly, though it may not be hard enough for today's standards.

Wowsers this is a big development. It's a very good map btw, very hard and techbase-y. Like a sort of blend of Doom 1 and 2's bases

5 hours ago, Whiplash said:

Good level.  I remember some of your work in Eternal Doom.  It wasnt horrible, but your skill has improved, I'd say.

I like Evilution a ton. It might be my favorite classic Doom episode (or at least strong competition with Knee Deep in the Dead). The replayability and environments of Evilution easily kick Doom 2 up and down the block, as far as I'm concerned.