Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

Do you want a Doom 3 Collectors edition?

I think that it would be awesome. It should include Doom 1 AND 2, fully patched, as well as the manuals for both games, Doom 3, and the rest of the Doom 3 stuff of course. I wouldn't mine paying the $100 or so Canadian for it. What do you think?

/me looks at alientank's avatar...*shudders*

yes I would buy a collector's edition...but not for 100 bucks, Canadian or otherwise.

What would be the point of that? Most doomers already have Doom 1 and 2. If they did do that, it'd totally be for people who do not own the original Doom games. And if id was really good, they could purchase the rights to Strife and Hacx and slap those games in the ultimate Doom legacy bundle that would have :

Ultimate Doom
Doom 2
Final Doom
Master Levels for Doom 2
Heretic : Shadow of the Serpent Riders
Hexen
Hexen : Death Kings of the Dark Citidel
Strife
Hacx
Doom 3

Use3D said:

/me looks at alientank's avatar...*shudders*

Heh, why would you want railgunner's avatar alientank?

Anyway, no. I wouldn't buy a collectors edition, too much money, and I already own Doom and Doom II.

gatewatcher said:

Heh, why would you want railgunner's avatar alientank?

Just a temp one until someone makes me a cool one *hint hint*

I say we all put our hopes together to first get the fuckin doom 3 out nevermind the collectors edition.

Meh, screw that, screw all these different combos of software when most people have atleast half of those bbg mentioned. I want the first few thousand copies of Doom3 to include something along the lines of a metal Cybie, or a baron of hell ring. Even a doom 3 flag poster would do.

I would buy a collectors edition.. or would win it in a contest ;P

it would be cool if it would contain lots of cool stuff.. like a booklet fully illustrated with the highres pictures of the monsters and conceptional art. and maby a cool keychain with a small hellknight puppet :)

BBG said:

What would be the point of that? Most doomers already have Doom 1 and 2. If they did do that, it'd totally be for people who do not own the original Doom games. And if id was really good, they could purchase the rights to Strife and Hacx and slap those games in the ultimate Doom legacy bundle that would have :

Ultimate Doom
Doom 2
Final Doom
Master Levels for Doom 2
Heretic : Shadow of the Serpent Riders
Hexen
Hexen : Death Kings of the Dark Citidel
Strife
Hacx
Doom 3

Why would you want Hexen series and Strife series included in the DOOM collection? it's not like every doomers prefer rest of the games besides Doom. Especially when people don't those games and they still have to pay for such a high price for trash.

I probably wouldnt buy any sort of collectors edition, but I do still hope that id makes some sort of hidden area within Doom 3 that is reminiscent of DooM 1. Possibly E1M1.

999cop said:
Why would you want Hexen series and Strife series included in the DOOM collection? it's not like every doomers prefer rest of the games besides Doom. Especially when people don't those games and they still have to pay for such a high price for trash.

What are you talking about? of course not every doomer like hexen, hereitc, ect, but if it really bothers you so much don't buy the pack!

myk said:

THIS THREAD IS STUPID!!!!!

Thanks.

It's only people who make it stupid, now shut up or come up with something remotely intelligent to say.

A collector's edition? I doubt I'd buy it, but that of course depends on what's in it.

Of course, if I find that all the regular copies of Doom 3 have been torn off the shelves in the store and there's only a single copy of collector's edition Doom 3, I'll buy it :-)

Oh and btw, I'm dead certain that someone made a similar thread a while ago...

Assmaster said:

I do still hope that id makes some sort of hidden area within Doom 3 that is reminiscent of DooM 1. Possibly E1M1.

They already said fans would recognise certain areas in the game from the original.

i would buy such an edition if it would be of the kind "doom3 tin box with original doom3 t-shirt and some cool big doom3 sticker(s) for my car"; or a bundle with a doom3 ratpad or everglide. but i wont buy it if it is bundled with its predecessors. that would be boring.

Ct_red_pants said:

What are you talking about? of course not every doomer like hexen, hereitc, ect, but if it really bothers you so much don't buy the pack!

Exactly what I was suggesting! Screw Hexen, Strife, etc...we just want DOOM!

999cop said:

Exactly what I was suggesting! Screw Hexen, Strife, etc...we just want DOOM!

Agreed. A Doom collectors pack should contain Doom games and only Doom games.

what if the Collectors Edition have the series of Doom but with the Doom 3 engine? :)

Hicks said:

what if the Collectors Edition have the series of Doom but with the Doom 3 engine? :)

Then the collectors edition won't be released until probably December or so when they have the 60something maps for Doom 1, 2, etc done.

I think a Doom Collectors edition would be pretty Cool i probubly wouldnt get it since i have all the games but for someone who is just starting out playing doom that would be a pretty good idea. But would be Kinda costly though.

Maybe the "Collector's Edition" could have things like a "Making of Doom 3" DVD, scans of original concept artwork, a Doom music score CD set, and other goodies.

The collector's edition should include:

Doom
Doom II
Doom 3
A BIG Doom 3 poster
A GOOD DOOM 3 COMIC (Not like the other crap)
A working BFG
A Spider mastermind brain (vacuum packed)
12 rockets
A berserk pack
A mouse pad made of imp skin
Instructions to build a homemade portal
A pint of revenants lighter fluid
Jhon Romero's head on a stick (Yells if you fire at him!!!)
A game manual that looks like Evil dead's necronomicon

Alboroto said:

The collector's edition should include:...
Jhon Romero's head on a stick (Yells if you fire at him!!!)...

If that were the case, then I definetely wouldnt buy it. It would be cool at first, but I wouldnt be able to put up with it eventually.

AirRaid said:

They already said fans would recognise certain areas in the game from the original.

I remember that pic Shav linked to a while ago reminded me of that e1m1 area a lot. I think he brought that up too.

nxn said:

I remember that pic Shav linked to a while ago reminded me of that e1m1 area a lot. I think he brought that up too.

Can ya show me?