Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Godzialox666

MADNESS OF DEAD

Woah momma, this is going to be a fun one!

First off, you somehow fricked up a zip-file, meaning I had to dust my copy of 7zip off again. And when playing with anything else other than GZdoom, your wad does not work on other source ports, as the titlescreen and helpscreen are not a Doom graphic and cannot get displayed. So I had to fix your wad in slade. And also, why the S_Start and S_End markers when you don't use them? And after fixing that same wad, it showed me a titlepic that did not fit at all.

Now to the wad itself, I played on UV with dsda-doom because I'm very stubborn about GZdoom.

This wad contains 5 maps and for sake of giving you screenshots, I made them. And yes, they are big.

Map01, finally a break from D_RUNNIN. Though I don't think that bye bye american pie is very fitting either. The level is very flat and uses random enemy placement, you get a berserk at the start and get shot by shotgunners and clawed by imps while you try to fight this hot start of a level. The rest is pretty easy, you get a supersshottie and plasma to turn Imps and Cacos into Hot Dog paste. And berserk makes this more (somewhat) fun. The Cyberdemon is a time sink, and just there for you to circlestrafe around him until he falls asleep.

(I'm gonna make it like this: Review, screenshots, review, screenshots, got it?)

doom02.png.035c9016a8d51ba0b57051b5f66f6dda.pngdoom01.png.122a5c4716dd8af9cb03b445efd40270.pngdoom00.png.0dacc45d4e9a341cabc7f0cb3ab783ca.png

=====

Map02, Marvellous marble madness with a Sigil Midi in the back. Same as map01s issues, but in large and makes you SR50 all over the place. There may be no Cyber in this map, but does have this weird room which looks like a swimming pool but with enemies as water. You cannot kill them as this is one inescapeable pit without a way out and with damaging floor. Again, this map gives you enough ammo to blaze through this level without a second thought. After this level I gave up searching for enemies which is rare.

doom08.png.ed73d8eab7f6dabf1f583e4a344023da.pngdoom07.png.1563c76b29304823e627a3d41dba9a11.pngdoom05.png.b6f686a320802f3b0e9eaa71ce56eea4.pngdoom04.png.0abd1252a2098406d066f95a15ed1b35.pngdoom03.png.1f86545150d7cbb962dcb2921a897fec.png

====

Notice Map03 is missing from here, that isn't in the wad that was an error from me writing this review, but I want you to figure out what screenshots belong in map03. Try it! It all looks and plays the same.

====

Map04, the exact same as map01, 02 and 03 with all of the same problems: flat and too big rooms with pushover enemies while getting Megaspheres like  they cost nothing. I'm beginning to see a pattern but I just can't wrap my brain around it. To actually desscribe the level is difficult, as it uses the same visuals, marble and brown/tan until there is no tomorrow, and maybe some red paint, oh, and this level has an unreachable blue key making it impossible to beat this level.  I do like the buggy door at the end (DOOR STUCK, DOOR STUCK!).

doom09.png.057f7dc81dc069b8a75efdb268cc89f6.pngdoom16.png.eb557976ce9f9b1d62c6ed720743dd45.pngdoom12.png.52b1ec179ea382517459271fac1993c6.pngdoom11.png.2411e497a08f1cbcf66fcb91746d91a1.pngdoom10.png.d7ed0c7beac472d6df0d45cf0111e6f1.png

=====

Map05, a big and very empty city level, I'm not so sure if I like this level. Feels a bit too much like map04 but amplified by 11. Too big, not enough monsters for it being interesting and generally makes me sleepy. And no, attempting doomcute in a level that feels boring isn't going to your saviour, but makes me say 'hah, that looks funny!' like the bench or the home you break in (see screenshots). You can also get stuck in the flaming barrels if you're like me and get too nosy in a level. I have to give the level this: this may be the first time ever I felt uncomfortable around a Commander Keen surrounded by blood and guts, spooky.

If I have to give advice without being mean or being a total arse: Please give at least two damns about your levels, add ideas you came up with or at least. Make. Your. Levels. Visually. Different. Remember what I said about Map03?

If you need it on paper, here are the things you can iron out:

Make your levels less flat and less dull and add fewer cutting edge 90° corners.

Make your levels visually distinctive so it doesn't blend in like a cheap whisky.

I also should mention this is NOT about bashing your levels for entertainment, this is just feedback that is needed when being a beginner mapper like I presume you are. Or better yet, keep the levels you experiment with as a first timer. And then start with the levels you want to give a damn about.

Last screenshots then I'm out

Have a nice day.

doom25.png.a699dc97181bf5447090ae15281c32d4.pngdoom23.png.08afc603d2493821fbd59306fbb656b1.pngdoom19.png.83813ee02ba001a6f8048398888a58e0.pngdoom18.png.31be490926551e7142c11cf9c3fdb9ec.pngdoom34.png.208bebce9b03862188e807c60852d0c9.pngdoom32.png.f7550fba4a8adc8f8d6ce63ce1ff4fc7.pngdoom31.png.9724f40d2d9321c32846c12cdad5b44a.pngdoom30.png.d6874681f27158228fca85136cc958ad.pngdoom29.png.26ac2778caeb1a881c905b68fbdbce92.pngdoom26.png.ea197d8cc667ce10323145786a0ae6ff.png

On 9/27/2021 at 7:37 PM, thiccyosh said:

First off, you somehow fricked up a zip-file, meaning I had to dust my copy of 7zip off again. And when playing with anything else other than GZdoom, your wad does not work on other source ports, as the titlescreen and helpscreen are not a Doom graphic and cannot get displayed. So I had to fix your wad in slade. And also, why the S_Start and S_End markers when you don't use them? And after fixing that same wad, it showed me a titlepic that did not fit at all.

Now to the wad itself, I played on UV with dsda-doom because I'm very stubborn about GZdoom.

This wad contains 5 maps and for sake of giving you screenshots, I made them. And yes, they are big.

Map01, finally a break from D_RUNNIN. Though I don't think that bye bye american pie is very fitting either. The level is very flat and uses random enemy placement, you get a berserk at the start and get shot by shotgunners and clawed by imps while you try to fight this hot start of a level. The rest is pretty easy, you get a supersshottie and plasma to turn Imps and Cacos into Hot Dog paste. And berserk makes this more (somewhat) fun. The Cyberdemon is a time sink, and just there for you to circlestrafe around him until he falls asleep.

(I'm gonna make it like this: Review, screenshots, review, screenshots, got it?)doom00.png.0dacc45d4e9a341cabc7f0cb3ab783ca.png

=====

Map02, Marvellous marble madness with a Sigil Midi in the back. Same as map01s issues, but in large and makes you SR50 all over the place. There may be no Cyber in this map, but does have this weird room which looks like a swimming pool but with enemies as water. You cannot kill them as this is one inescapeable pit without a way out and with damaging floor. Again, this map gives you enough ammo to blaze through this level without a second thought. After this level I gave up searching for enemies which is rare.

====

Notice Map03 is missing from here, that isn't in the wad that was an error from me writing this review, but I want you to figure out what screenshots belong in map03. Try it! It all looks and plays the same.

====

Map04, the exact same as map01, 02 and 03 with all of the same problems: flat and too big rooms with pushover enemies while getting Megaspheres like  they cost nothing. I'm beginning to see a pattern but I just can't wrap my brain around it. To actually desscribe the level is difficult, as it uses the same visuals, marble and brown/tan until there is no tomorrow, and maybe some red paint, oh, and this level has an unreachable blue key making it impossible to beat this level.  I do like the buggy door at the end (DOOR STUCK, DOOR STUCK!).

=====

Map05, a big and very empty city level, I'm not so sure if I like this level. Feels a bit too much like map04 but amplified by 11. Too big, not enough monsters for it being interesting and generally makes me sleepy. And no, attempting doomcute in a level that feels boring isn't going to your saviour, but makes me say 'hah, that looks funny!' like the bench or the home you break in (see screenshots). You can also get stuck in the flaming barrels if you're like me and get too nosy in a level. I have to give the level this: this may be the first time ever I felt uncomfortable around a Commander Keen surrounded by blood and guts, spooky.

If I have to give advice without being mean or being a total arse: Please give at least two damns about your levels, add ideas you came up with or at least. Make. Your. Levels. Visually. Different. Remember what I said about Map03?

Make your levels less flat and less dull and add fewer cutting edge 90° corners.

Make your levels visually distinctive so it doesn't blend in like a cheap whisky.

I also should mention this is NOT about bashing your levels for entertainment, this is just feedback that is needed when being a beginner mapper like I presume you are. Or better yet, keep the levels you experiment with as a first timer. And then start with the levels you want to give a damn about.

Have a nice day.

Good afternoon, the truth, thanks for this criticism, the truth is that they were my first wads and if I am a very newbie, the truth is, the levels are flat and on 5 I tried to make it less so flat by putting secret rooms and such but it was even worse already that you can not visit them and skip killing many enemies (by the way, the Commander Keen are in a recreation of my school XD) my wad is more to have fun and laugh, I did not want to do the opposite, (by the way, the last two captures are from map 03 I say of the ones you put followed with 02) now, I don't want to excuse myself but I was excited to publish my wad since for some reason, today at my 13 years old I love DOOM, and rather, I wanted to do a wad with some backstory and hellish atmosphere, yes, the palettes are repeated a lot ueno and finally, I did not understand the thing about PEGADA DOOR, PEGADA DOOR! from the end of map04. Thanks for criticizing me and teaching me at the same time, it also annoys me that the rooms are empty but I couldn't think of how to complete them, I didn't know what to do, if you could give me a cable with that, well.
I say goodbye. Have a nice day / afternoon / night

On 9/27/2021 at 7:37 PM, thiccyosh said:

(I'm gonna make it like this: Review, screenshots, review, screenshots, got it?)

==

====

====

Map04, the exact same as map01, 02 and 03 with all of the same problems: flat and too big rooms with pushover enemies while getting Megaspheres like  they cost nothing. I'm beginning to see a pattern but I just can't wrap my brain around it. To actually desscribe the level is difficult, as it uses the same visuals, marble and brown/tan until there is no tomorrow, and maybe some red paint, oh, and this level has an unreachable blue key making it impossible to beat this level.  I do like the buggy door at the end (DOOR STUCK, DOOR STUCK

=====

Good afternoon, the truth, thanks for this criticism, the truth is that they were my first wads and if I am a very newbie, the truth is, the levels are flat and on 5 I tried to make it less so flat by putting secret rooms and such but it was even worse already that you can not visit them and skip killing many enemies (by the way, the Commander Keen are in a recreation of my school XD) my wad is more to have fun and laugh, I did not want to do the opposite, (by the way, the last two captures are from map 03 I say of the ones you put followed with 02) now, I don't want to excuse myself but I was excited to publish my wad since for some reason, today at my 13 years old I love DOOM, and rather, I wanted to do a wad with some backstory and hellish atmosphere, yes, the palettes are repeated a lot ueno and finally, I did not understand the thing about PEGADA DOOR, PEGADA DOOR! from the end of map04. Thanks for criticizing me and teaching me at the same time, it also annoys me that the rooms are empty but I couldn't think of how to complete them, I didn't know what to do, if you could give me a cable with that, well.
I say goodbye. Have a nice day / afternoon / night

Edited by Godzialox666

2 hours ago, Godzialox666 said:

it also annoys me that the rooms are empty but I couldn't think of how to complete them, I didn't know what to do

You either can make the room smaller and fill it with more action, or fill the room with detail. It's Doom, you can let your creativity run like a madman when building your map! Perhaps you can play other wad from other people you like and learn a few neat tricks, combat-wise too!

If you ask me, once you get a feel for doom builder and mapping in general, you should feel much more comfortable experimenting with set pieces in levels!

2 hours ago, Godzialox666 said:

by the way, the Commander Keen are in a recreation of my school

That's rather sinister, don't you think? ...

Have a nice day.

I still get joy experiencing very first time maps like this. 

I gave em my best try anyway 

17 hours ago, thiccyosh said:

Puede hacer que la habitación sea más pequeña y llenarla con más acción, o llenar la habitación con detalles. ¡Es Doom, puedes dejar que tu creatividad corra como un loco al construir tu mapa! ¡Quizás puedas jugar a otros fajos de otras personas que te gusten y aprender algunos trucos ingeniosos, también en el combate!

Si me preguntas, una vez que te familiarices con el constructor de fatalidades y el mapeo en general, ¡deberías sentirte mucho más cómodo experimentando con piezas en niveles!

Eso es bastante siniestro, ¿no crees? ...

Que tenga un lindo día.

Thanks for the advice, I will look for more wads and I will learn, little by little, and I will start to do more about smaller rooms with more walls and corridors (one of the reasons for not doing it was that when making doors sometimes they did not open and that that they were well made so I was happy not to put them) and regarding the other ... Yes, I love the morvous and the sinister, have a good day!

1 hour ago, Biodegradable said:

Me encantan los mapas para principiantes. Cosas adorables@ Godzialox666. Simplemente siga practicando, reproduzca otros WAD para investigar, vea algunos videos tutoriales, encontrará su camino. ¡Bienvenido a Doomworld!

thanks for the video, I'll watch it now!

Alright. My OCDs can't just accept this 😂

Screenshot_2021-10-11-10-31-50-39_e6009d95a270125ca6c92f670edc6cea.jpg.7a0f828fa3a4cccc843036bb3add685e.jpg

Like, one thing so bare bones that I can't accept at all is this door: it's so cursed...

Look at the texture size and then remember the size. Then, look at the bottom left of Doom Builder (screenshot below)

1723433504_maxresdefault2.jpg.2e19b8f3a361161230d425da0d14adc7.jpg

You see that button with 32mp? Put it to around 16mp. Then you can add the door with the correct size.

You see when you make a linedef and up the line there is a number? That is the size of the linedef. Make sure that the size is the same than the texture's.

Next thing, this:

lv_0_20211011104603.gif.f6d8216c024ec957cd35198b6b481a60.gif

Click the DOORTRAK textures and set them as "Lower Unpegged."

I honestly think you wanted to make a map but were lazy to do so. Making a map is easy but still requires you to work on it.

On 9/28/2021 at 3:03 PM, Biodegradable said:

I love newbie maps. Adorable stuff, @Godzialox666. Just keep practicing, playing other WADs for research, watch some tutorial videos, you'll find your way. Welcome to Doomworld!

Hi, it's been a year since I uploaded this wad and I'm very amused to see your video again and play my old wad (which I've been remastering for some time now and adding more maps that I think are much better). I came to tell you that I have uploaded my second wad "Hangar18" like the Megadeth song. It's in my recent uploads. It's not advertising, it's just that I always liked your videos and in general the criticisms I received because they helped me a lot to improve, I wanted you to try this new wad since some friends from doomworld told me that you were a very good person or something like that. I would like you to see my progress, thank you very much