Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RetroAkaMe

Jumping in PrBoom or vanilla?

It seems pretty dumb I'm working with PrBoom, and it is, I'm just messing up with doom and DSDoom. I'm wondering if It'd be possible to make the player jump, just like Hexen.

Jumping can be enabled in PrBoom from the options menu.

In vanilla, the only "jump-like" behavior comes from the arch-vile actions, which can be manipulated using DeHackEd patches, but it may be tricky to achieve what you want in specific. It is not something that can be triggered from a dedicated player input button in true vanilla.

Just now, JadingTsunami said:

Jumping can be enabled in PrBoom from the options menu.

In vanilla, the only "jump-like" behavior comes from the arch-vile actions, which can be manipulated using DeHackEd patches, but it may be tricky to achieve what you want in specific. It is not something that can be triggered from a dedicated player input button in true vanilla.

Okay. Tough I'd like to enable it by default, is it possible?

For Pr-Boom for the DS, you have to look into the CFG-file using notepad and look if they implemented an option for you to jump, if there is one you usually can set a button for that action.

Note this is somewhat of a guess, I have a doom port on the PS2 (that is also a pr-boom) and I can look into the CFG file and edit it.

1 minute ago, thiccyosh said:

For Pr-Boom for the DS, you have to look into the CFG-file using notepad and look if they implemented an option for you to jump, if there is one you usually can set a button for that action.

Note this is somewhat of a guess, I have a doom port on the PS2 (that is also a pr-boom) and I can look into the CFG file and edit it.

I think when you open a port, it generates a cfg.

2 hours ago, RetroAkaMe said:

I think when you open a port, it generates a cfg

It does and I know that. I'm asking you to open the CFG-file from your DsDoom Port in notepad and check if there's an option for you to enable jumping.

14 minutes ago, thiccyosh said:

It does and I know that. I'm asking you to open the CFG-file from your DsDoom Port in notepad and check if there's an option for you to enable jumping.

I will...