Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BBQgiraffe

Neapolitan Doom v0.02

I have some fixes for MacOS crashes as well as some BSD things I did when I ported it to FreeBSD (though it freezes on startup)

going to make it so wads can have lua lumps named something like L_E1M4 and you can have certain events call functions inside script, for example if a door is opened it would call DoorOpen(id) and you could use that to easily create complex events

So I did a PR for some basic BSD and MacOS Fluidsynth fixes.  One issue that now happens is that the horizontal mouse movement is bound to my cursor position (on MacOS) so when it starts, I turn right or left at the speed of light.

1 hour ago, Gibbon said:

So I did a PR for some basic BSD and MacOS Fluidsynth fixes.  One issue that now happens is that the horizontal mouse movement is bound to my cursor position (on MacOS) so when it starts, I turn right or left at the speed of light.

ugggg why do different operating systems exist, I'll check out the pr in the morning thanks lol

1 hour ago, BBQgiraffe said:

huh I don't see any pull requests

Sorry, I created an issue.  My brain said issue but my fingers said PR :) there were too many conflicts for me to do a PR in the morning, I'm still testing some BSD fixes too

1 minute ago, xdude_gamer said:

What about music and sounds? I can't hear anything in your vids :P

Wait no that's just my speakers acting up, working now

1 hour ago, BBQgiraffe said:

image.png.bae90a5a10cfc9cf88524bc1bce8ef44.png

trying to get the game running at 640x400 has some... mixed results?

oh goodness. What about 640x480

1 minute ago, xdude_gamer said:

oh goodness. What about 640x480

it's running at 640x400 but stretched to 640x480 because Doom was designed to run on computers that had taller pixels than most modern monitors have

1 minute ago, BBQgiraffe said:

it's running at 640x400 but stretched to 640x480 because Doom was designed to run on computers that had taller pixels than most modern monitors have

Oh, that makes sense.

I experimented with this for ReBOOM.  Had barrels on the ceiling, holes in the floor, corruption every time I turned or moved.  Quite funny indeed.

13 hours ago, Gibbon said:

I experimented with this for ReBOOM.  Had barrels on the ceiling, holes in the floor, corruption every time I turned or moved.  Quite funny indeed.

did you ever figure out what caused all the graphical glitching?

2 hours ago, Sinshu said:

It seems that the top & bottom values in visplanes overflow.
In hi-res, since the screen height can be > 255, the type of these values should be 16-bit or greater integer.

Here is how Crispy Doom does for this:
https://github.com/fabiangreffrath/crispy-doom/blob/a3b7534cfe4b142a0b46180d7edf9b10a5df9e12/src/doom/r_defs.h#L475

Pretty much the reason.  I wanted to keep the window height the same (so switching back and forth wouldn't be so jarring).  But I hardcoded a few values in the renderer and it went bananas.  I fixed for ReBOOM experimental but reverted it for the main version.

4 hours ago, Gibbon said:

Pretty much the reason.  I wanted to keep the window height the same (so switching back and forth wouldn't be so jarring).  But I hardcoded a few values in the renderer and it went bananas.  I fixed for ReBOOM experimental but reverted it for the main version.

Sounds very unpleasant :P