Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OpenRift

[UPDATED 5/20/23] Doom 64 Restoration Patch (2020 Remaster)

9 hours ago, OpenRift said:

I just tested it in a graphically accurate N64 emulator (simple64) and it doesn't have a misaligned chaingun sprite. I've also checked several other gameplay videos on the N64 and it doesn't do that. I don't know why it does that in that video, but judging by the weird outline on the weapon sprites I think it might be that the "N64 footage" here was actually recorded in an emulator with a really inaccurate graphics plugin. 

Interesting... I always thought it was crt monitors which masked the issue, but the sprite was misaligned from the very beginning. 🤔

1 hour ago, PKr said:

Interesting... I always thought it was crt monitors which masked the issue, but the sprite was misaligned from the very beginning. 🤔

Yeah, whoever did that comparison video did a pretty crappy job.

My stereo restoration project might be good for this! The edited midis restore the stereo panning that was lost with the DLS soundfont format. 

4 hours ago, Immorpher said:

My stereo restoration project might be good for this! The edited midis restore the stereo panning that was lost with the DLS soundfont format. 

Interesting... I'll have to do a comparison of this at some point. Perhaps I can implement this into my patch. I'm currently on vacation, so I'll have to get to this when I return.

@Immorpher's Stereo Restoration has been implemented into the latest version of the patch! Be sure to give the new patch a download!

Hope this is worth a thread bump, but it seems that the "Endgame" track plays during the stats screen instead of the "Stats Screen" track.

Not too sure why though. Everything was installed correctly btw.

4 hours ago, ASON-Z- said:

Hope this is worth a thread bump, but it seems that the "Endgame" track plays during the stats screen instead of the "Stats Screen" track.

Not too sure why though. Everything was installed correctly btw.

Hmmm, this may have to do with the Stereo restoration. I'm personally not versed enough in the soundtrack to tell the difference. @Immorpher, do you mind verifying that?

24 minutes ago, OpenRift said:

Hmmm, this may have to do with the Stereo restoration. I'm personally not versed enough in the soundtrack to tell the difference. @Immorpher, do you mind verifying that?

Ill definitely look into it!

2 hours ago, Immorpher said:

On my end it sounds okay. So I am not sure what might be going on for you @ASON-Z-. It could be computer dependent, so we may need more testing.

I tried reinstalling the patch and it still remains unchanged. 

I wonder if any of the files are conflicting with one another. I've got Sound Bulbs HQ sounds installed along with the Bandither retro shader.

Though I don't know how those would mess with the order of the tracks. 

I had to edit the Doom64.kpf file with SLADE and replace the "localization" and "progs" folders with the provided ones in the Bandither zip.

Maybe this provides some sort of helpful info?

2 minutes ago, ASON-Z- said:

I tried reinstalling the patch and it still remains unchanged. 

I wonder if any of the files are conflicting with one another. I've got Sound Bulbs HQ sounds installed along with the Bandither retro shader.

Though I don't know how those would mess with the order of the tracks. 

I had to edit the Doom64.kpf file with SLADE and replace the "localization" and "progs" folders with the provided ones in the Bandither zip.

Sound Bulb HQ could theoretically have a conflict. I have seen the audio get scrambled before, not because there is anything wrong with the mod, but just it sound loading of the engine.