Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The BMFG

How Can I Get Mortal Kombat Trilogy For PC?

i wanna get mk trilogy for pc but it isnt on steam and its extremely hard to play it on an n64 emulator with keyboard and the emulator wont let me use controllers. plus. the n64 version doesnt even allow you to play as the cool characters. like shao kahn, goro, kintaro, and motaro. how do i get this on pc?

have you tried the Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy hack for sega genesis?
It has all the characters from all the games and from all mortalk kombat trilogy versions.

kega Fusion or GensSurreal are good emulators for that.

Its not the version you asked, but i can say, after playing all versions of MKT, this one totally stands out ;)

8 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

have you tried the Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy hack for sega genesis?
It has all the characters from all the games and from all mortalk kombat trilogy versions.

kega Fusion or GensSurreal are good emulators for that.

Its not the version you asked, but i can say, after playing all versions of MKT, this one totally stands out ;)

could you send a link to genssurreal so i can try out umkt?

I actually have that. I vaguely remember having a world of grief getting it to run on windows 10. Cant remember the outcome. Vague recollection of a fan made patch.

2 minutes ago, vanilla_d00m said:

I think playing the arcade versions of MK on mame is better but if you wan't it here it is.  It's for Playstation 1 and should run on you're PC once you finish downloading it.

https://mega.nz/#!7RMS0bob!Zu2D4mekToJT3tAi6AxfquSNLAJZ1YUuXBqYejGhIhA

Have fun!

thanks man!. but one question. you have downloaded it and played it yourself right?. wanna make sure this isnt a virus.

Yes... the link is from here and old.  Check the description for more MK downloads for PC.

He also has MK4 on N64 and I tried that and works.  This MGO guy is no joke... play him in MK and good night!

But i think we can't discuss this kind of stuff on this site.  Maybe you should send me private message??

(I do have the real DOOM discs on PC if anyone is wondering)

1 hour ago, The BMFG said:

i think the sites broken. wont let me download anything.

try using right click and save link as.
It worked for me

14 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

try using right click and save link as.
It worked for me

it says "files cant be downloaded securely" 

9 minutes ago, The BMFG said:

it says "files cant be downloaded securely" 

yes, that would probably appear if you have an antivirus.
it doesn't give you the option to bypass the advice?
The same happends to me when i try to download from /Idgames.

I got MK1 + MK2 + MK3 through GOG Galaxy. It's not the same as the 2011 version that had the arcade quality graphics; rather, it's the DOS versions, however the graphics are only very slightly downgraded (lower resolution images, but nothing missing like on consoles), and I can walk you through the setup to improve the quality if you like (hint, set upscaler to 2xsai, I find that to be the sweet spot for MK1 and 2. I use none for MK3. But play around till you find one you like). MK1 and 3 have the same CD quality music you'd have heard in the arcade version. MK2 has midi music, but I use the pro patches lite version of Gravis Ultrasound (which you can find online). Then you need to install those files into MK2 directory and change the audio in-game to Ultrasound rather than standard SoundBlaster.

GOG Galaxy also sells MK4 now too, which only just came back a year or two ago. Both the first 3 games and now MK4 sell really cheap on sale (maybe like a $1.25 each). MK4 may be a little more since it came back more recently, but less than the $5/6 it was stuck at for a while. I'd pick up both, since MK4 is a really underrated title.

P.S. GOG Galaxy only has the original Mortal Kombat 3, not the Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, so it doesn't have Scorpion, classic Sub-Zero, Kitana, Mileena, Jade, etc. that UMK3 had.

Edited by QuaketallicA

Unless you want to get into something technical and somehow port the PS1 "Mortal Kombat Trilogy" onto PC, then I would have no idea how to help you.

You can also try one of the countless M.U.G.E.N. Mortal Kombat games out there, which are free to download. They're like fans' own custom variants of the games, with MK sprites and levels ported to MUGEN engine. Not quite the same as the originals, but worth checking out nonetheless.

6 hours ago, vanilla_d00m said:

But i think we can't discuss this kind of stuff on this site.  Maybe you should send me private message??

(I do have the real DOOM discs on PC if anyone is wondering)

WTF does having "the real Doom discs on PC" have to do with downloading ROMs of Mortal Kombat?

Nothing.  

I gave him a link with a bunch of MK games that come with the emulator to run them and work right off the bat.

I know a lot of places to get free games.. I just said that because I'm in one of the biggest doom sites on the internet and I think I linked some other person with free downloads as well some time ago.