Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MFG38

[FINAL] Literalism (Release Thread)

6 minutes ago, Nefelibeta said:

Wait, there're supposed to be 32 maps right? what happened to the other 6 maps.

Their authors failed to meet the submission deadline. But 26 maps is still pretty respectable, if I do say so myself.

30 minutes ago, Nefelibeta said:

The exit switch in map01 seems to have a problem.

I know about that texture issue. Not sure how I'd go about fixing it, if I even can.

30 minutes ago, Nefelibeta said:

Also, the textures in map18 seems to be corrupted or something.

Those textures are intentionally "corrupted", being from the lilith.pk3 texture pack. It was already reported once before, but rest assured it's not a bug.

Edited by MFG38

MAP11 has been one of the most dynamic I played lately and now I see there's many more of such fun maps in this wad. Congrats everyone for the excellent display of creativity. With so many wads releasing nowadays the bar is set pretty high but Literalism meets the standards.

Once again, congrats on the release and everyone else involved! I'm glad I got opportunities to try out submissions while they were still hot straight from the oven.

So happy to see the release of Literalism 😭

Let's hope everyone has fun with the whole package 🤗

Just now, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Ayy, congrats on the full release everyone, and getting things sorted out MFG! 

Much appreciated! I can't understate how happy I am about getting this thing into a releasable state, especially after having to recompile it from scratch once. Hope everyone enjoys (the majority of) it. c:

Decided to give the first 5 maps a quick playthrough and I gotta ask: Why TF does MAP05's music have to be a 20-30 second loop of grating, whining bell chimes?

6 minutes ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Decided to give the first 5 maps a quick playthrough and I gotta ask: Why TF does MAP05's music have to be a 20-30 second loop of grating, whining bell chimes?

To me it sounds like a cool jungle-themed ambient remix of the track from Gotcha!. Includes a spacy ambient drone.

AWW YEA BOI, imma go and record these maps ASAP, kept myself in the dark intentionally about other people's maps. I am looking forward to seeing what people did with names they were given. Also, thanks to @MFG38 for hosting this CP, I had fun mapping for my contribution.

2 minutes ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Is map18 meant to have completely broken + corrupted textures?

It is. They're from the lilith.pk3 resource pack.

4 minutes ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Another question: can it even be beaten? It cripples GZDooM HARD.

It is supposedly beatable. But yeah, I did express some concerns about the map's performance on GZDoom due to the sheer amount of stuff going on. The framerate was hitting horribly low numbers even on my fresh new PC. If you want a more playable experience, you can try playing it in PrBoom+ - the frame drops should at least be less drastic.

2 hours ago, MFG38 said:

It is supposedly beatable. But yeah, I did express some concerns about the map's performance on GZDoom due to the sheer amount of stuff going on. The framerate was hitting horribly low numbers even on my fresh new PC. If you want a more playable experience, you can try playing it in PrBoom+ - the frame drops should at least be less drastic.

Wow it really is accurate to Lilith

Figured if I'm playing through this, can as well record too.

UV pistol starting. 

map1

map2

map3

map5

map6

map7

map8

map9

map10

map11

The start of Map07 is really hectic due to the fact that you don't get an armor and there are hundreds of hitscanners along with an arch-vile. Maybe placing an armor and a soulsphere would be enough. Also, you don't really get that much armor in the later half of the map. There is only a green armor, at lease replace it with a blue one.

The rocket launcher in the beginning is easily missable, placing it in front of the player will be good enough.

A HOM problem in Map10.1698494225_QQ20211002113544.png.23a189fb639c05a85e96672a29bce60c.png

Edited by Nefelibeta

I just watched muumi's video and it looks like the wad has the first version of my map, not the latest one.

I think there's also some missing textures in map01, behind the lift that takes you to the secret berserk.

58 minutes ago, Danlex said:

it looks like the wad has the first version of my map, not the latest one.

I'm... not entirely sure how that happened.

Can you send me the latest version by PM?

I second the MAP01 HOM in the Berserk secret. Also, the video is in the spoiler.

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Krull said:

@MFG38 I noticed a couple of missing entries in the SWITCHES lump for my map - QW1HOT & QW1TEK. Switches using those currently don't animate.

Noted. I'll fix those ASAP.

I just played half of this, and it's really good so far! I really like seeing how the authors have interpreted the titles into design and gameplay. Only a couple of maps so far have been "meh" to me, but even those were fun even if the visuals or design wasn't the best. Shoutouts to Muumi, RonnieJamesDiner, Danlex, and PinkFlamingo for some incredibly gorgeous looking maps so far. RJD's kinda dropped my framerate a bit, but in a good way! 

Congratulations on the release! It was fun taking part, and there's some great maps in there.

I'm playing through the wad, and I ran into a softlock on @Pistoolkip's map. You can fall into the gap behind the crates here and get stuck:

Spoiler

KBtt4Lk.png

8 hours ago, SCF said:

Congratulations on the release! It was fun taking part, and there's some great maps in there.

I'm playing through the wad, and I ran into a softlock on @Pistoolkip's map. You can fall into the gap behind the crates here and get stuck:

Hide contents

KBtt4Lk.png

Thanks

I encountered the same problem when I was making a video of this map last week. It has since been fixed but the new version hasn't been added to the WAD. @MFG38