Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
omx32x

Doom mods for halloween

I absolutely love horror themed media be it horror movies, games and books or just media that has this horror feel like castlevania

I wanna spend this entire October consuming horror related media and of course i also wanna play doom

Doom 3 replay is already on my list and im halfway trough doom 64 but i also wanna some horror doom mods

The ones i know in the moment are trick and tear, cabin, mansion ao oni and that castlevania tc what other wads can i play that would be perfect for halloween?

(also while my focus is doom mods i wouldint mind horror mods for other retro fps games like quake)

If you want some Quake maps, there is the Halloween Jam, Theres been 3 so far and 4 has just started to be made.

17 minutes ago, Theperson said:

If you want some Quake maps, there is the Halloween Jam, Theres been 3 so far and 4 has just started to be made.

oh thats awesome though i have to ask are these ordered like a full episode or are they just single map releases? from what i see from the quake community episodes are rarer with people releasing either single maps or stuff like 2 or 3 maps with doesnt atract my attention too much (not dismissing their work i know quake is a lot harder to mod its just that i personally prefer longer experiences

I am quite sure you know these already, but just in case... Hellground (actually one of my favorite WADs ever), Unloved (just mentioned above), Dimension of the Boomed (heavy Quake inspiration) are some must play.

32 minutes ago, nikitsune said:

I am quite sure you know these already, but just in case... Hellground (actually one of my favorite WADs ever), Unloved (just mentioned above), Dimension of the Boomed (heavy Quake inspiration) are some must play.

i didnt knew any of them lol

4 hours ago, omalefico32x said:

oh thats awesome though i have to ask are these ordered like a full episode or are they just single map releases? from what i see from the quake community episodes are rarer with people releasing either single maps or stuff like 2 or 3 maps with doesnt atract my attention too much (not dismissing their work i know quake is a lot harder to mod its just that i personally prefer longer experiences

Its just a huge set of unrelated maps.

52 minutes ago, Theperson said:

Its just a huge set of unrelated maps.

oh i see thanks i will take a look :)

18 hours ago, omalefico32x said:

Actually since release of Copper mod and Underdark Overbright (absolutely great map set with Copper mod), episodes are becoming a thing again. 2020 and 2021 has has seen releases of many new and very good episodes such as Epochs Of Enmity, Dwell, Land Of The Lost, Torrent Of Impurities and Punishment Due. Though I think you should give a change to 2-3 map mapsets. Example Altar Of Storms, Honey, Something Wicked This Way Comes, Rubicon Rumble Pack and most recently Raven Keep are incredible. Maps themselves in these are quite long and have lot of new content, so they are not too short and definitely not boring experiences.