Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ViolentBeetle

[Ultimate Doom Community Project] Solar Struggle - Making maps where names are pre-selected (Development thread) [Looking for artists] [WE HAVE ALL THE MAPS]

1 minute ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Another CP which is similar to Booked and Literalism in premise, but in Doom 1? Interesting!

I missed the Literalism post until you mentioned it, went to check it. Their names are somewhat more abstract apparently.

What sort of deadline is involved? Are you looking for master mappers, or do you accept novicey-mappers (but not unambitious or troll mappers) like myself?

MOON BASES

Can I take E3M3?

1 minute ago, RHhe82 said:

What sort of deadline is involved? Are you looking for master mappers, or do you accept novicey-mappers (but not unambitious or troll mappers) like myself?

I'm looking for someone who is reasonably experienced, but not necessary a master. If you have basic understanding of map structure, and how to make it look decent, should be fine.

There's no specific deadline, but after a month or so I would start pestering you. "I'm alive and will deliver soon" would probably be enough for me, but the situation where you disappear for a long time without updates is not desirable.

Oh, and might I reserve E3M2? I’ll let it go if I don’t consider myself fit the prerequisites :P

7 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I'm looking for someone who is reasonably experienced, but not necessary a master. If you have basic understanding of map structure, and how to make it look decent, should be fine.

There's no specific deadline, but after a month or so I would start pestering you. "I'm alive and will deliver soon" would probably be enough for me, but the situation where you disappear for a long time without updates is not desirable.

Okay, I think I might fit the bill. If you want to, you can quickly check out my previous work (both of them...) from:

1. The first (more or less) finished map I did: 

2. My entry for the Booked CP (Map 06): 

The format shouldn't be an issue (ie. I have no special inclination towards UDMF, limit-removing should be just as fine...)

27 minutes ago, RHhe82 said:

1. The first (more or less) finished map I did: 

I didn't play all the way though, but it was pretty good. So you seem qualified enough.

Just make sure you test your map in proper port, because GZDoom changes a few things that result in maps that work in gzDoom not working elsewhere.

Can I have E3M9? And is it a sequel to E3M1 like in the original?

Just now, myolden said:

I'd like to request E1M1. If I'm not able to, I'll take E1M2.

Yeah, I think E1M1 will be safe in your hands. I'll put you there.

Just now, Astro X said:

Can I have E3M9? And is it a sequel to E3M1 like in the original?

Since you asked, I was going to suggest it to have similar progression - with fake exit and opening up previous areas, but I don't want to copy the whole premise. It would be awkward to do for a community project to copy another map.

This sounds fun, I've never mapped for Ultimate DOOM before. Mind if I nab E1M7?

Edited by LoreCaco37 : spelling

Hmm, well for some reason I always have an itch for UDoom mapping. Let’s have a go at E2M7 if that is okay?  

Looks pretty cool, I'd take E2M8 slot

(Also, I want to ask some questions about slaughter. By slaughter, does it mean no arena type gameplay? Or does it mean no stacking too many monsters?)

I couldn't join the Literalism CP, so I guess I'll join this.

I'd like E2M2.

Greetings, 

I have interest and a few ideas for in E2M6: Transport Nexus if it is available.

28 minutes ago, Wavy said:

By the way, could we add a MIDI to our map?

Yes, absolutely. I didn't think it's worth mentioning.

You can pick your own midi or I'll pick one for you if you won't.

Yo put me down for e2m3 commerce exchange, sounds like a fun map to start

5 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Yes, absolutely. I didn't think it's worth mentioning.

You can pick your own midi or I'll pick one for you if you won't.

Thanks! I might use The Demons from Adrian's Pen from Project Redux (for obvious reasons).

Oh boy, maps are being picked quikly. I better grab one for myself (E2M5) specifically.

I also processed a batch of claims, please check I recorded you in the right place.