Poll: Do You Have Facial Hair?

Poll: Do You Have Facial Hair?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have facial hair?

• Yes, I have a moustache.
    • Yes, I have a beard.
    • Yes, I have a moustache and a beard.
    • No, I have no facial hair.

Spent most of my 20s with either a goatee or chinstrap with long hair, and most of my 30s so far with very short hair and a clean shave once a week or when I notice that it's gotten out of hand. But last year I decided to just let everything grow to see how it looked, and don't think I could ever go back now. I do a light trim and clean up the neck area about once a month, and comb it every day. It's made me notice that I tend to rest my chin on one of my hands because one side goes flat sometimes but I never been able to catch myself doing it. I've tried oil before, but haven't found one that smells decent and I think I touch my face too much because my hands end up with the oil.

Moustache completely covers my mouth now but I keep it pushed away and on occasion will add a bit of wax for some awesome handlebars for a laugh. I don't know if I could do the trimmed moustache thing, but I've thought about it just for fun if I wanted that scholarly look. There's also some grey on the chin, I'm just happy that it looks even, and that everything grows in at all.

Spoiler

That's me in the bottom left from this spring, it's a bit longer now but I'm pretty aggressive when I decide to trim, because I don't want to go full ZZ Top just yet.

You bet I have a beard AND mustache. It does get pretty thick, but it doesn't grow very long. (That's because after a month or two, I shave it off.)

Apparently. Tried lasering it off, but it came back after a few months, even more after a year. Though my girlfriend says she doesn't even notice it, maybe she's just being polite and doesn't want me to stress about having facial hair. Also kinda embarrased about the sound the electric razor makes.

I was the first guy in my highschool class to develop strong facial hair, a trait I give credit to my dad for. He has a beard of pure majesty. I am lazy and don't trim very often, though I've never let it get longer than two inches. On special occasions I will shave off the side burns and the neck, rocking that Gordon Freeman look (there's a strong resemblance between us). My family seems to have been blessed with the trait of decent looking hair with little to no maintenance. All I do is use shampoo in the shower, it is very rare that a comb goes through my hair. At the same time, I feel the beard distracts from the ever-present acne on my skin. I think I can say with a high degree of confidence that I will never go clean-shaven, especially given that my dad has done exactly that since 1987