Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

id Games Galore

We've been notified of a new site that will be opening in the future. The site, called idGames.net, is looking for help in several areas. As you can guess, they will be covering certain id Software games, which includes Wolfenstein, Doom, and Quake. News posting, article management, and download management are all possible positions, so if you're interested get over there and apply.

Here's a comment made by one of their staff members in one of their Doom forum threads;
edit: he's the downloads manager for their doom section :O

-Evil Eye- said:

DooM and DooM II are officially freeware. Or so ive heard. All i know is that you can download both DooM and DooM II at freeoldies.com

....which you can't btw, before you go off and try.

edit: In fact you should read through their doom threads, it's kinda scary/funny.

Did I see an MGON logo on that page?
but seriously, I hope they get it going for the future, but I think they don't know just how big a task they are trying to do.

Linguica said:

Why is this news?

WHO CARES NOW YOU'RE POWERLESS TO STOP HIM FROM POSTING IT AHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

<sigh> Anyway

* myk wishes idGames.net a fate similar to doom-sector.com's

That site linked to by Evil Eye does look very very much like a warez site. Should probably be removed. And maybe this thread should be PHed or something?

I see that our spies, BBG and 999Cop, have infiltrated their site already. Soon they will fall to the war machine that is Doomworld. MUAHAHAHAH!!!

Heh, I think I'll sign up there and be a forum lamer. Like uh, a really lame forum lamer. And stuff. And I'll make these big, long, elaborate posts about uh... stuff. "OMG ZDOME GL NOT DOES HAVE MD3 MOADLS?"

Ultraviolet said:

Heh, I think I'll sign up there and be a forum lamer. Like uh, a really lame forum lamer. And stuff. And I'll make these big, long, elaborate posts about uh... stuff. "OMG ZDOME GL NOT DOES HAVE MD3 MOADLS?"

Or you could just post LOL a squillion times in every one of your posts. :o

Aleaver said:

Why so much flame?

Some people really should figure out what flaming actually is before going around accusing others of it.

HINT: there are no flames in this thread, although Linguica's post is approaching it.

Aleaver said:

Why so much flame?

The site is not even up yet.

BUT TIS A DOMM PAGE SO IT HAS TO BE BASHED OLOlolOLOLolololoololllO

NiGHTMARE said:

HINT: there are no flames in this thread, although Linguica's post is approaching it.

nah, If he called the sites owners J*wF*****g N*****s or Retarded Asshats that'd be a flame :)

Hello.

I would just like to point out that... well... you people, for the most part are ignorant. But I'll leave that aside, and maybe give you another chance in my mind.

You people obviously have some sort of site 'ego' problem. Instantly deducing that my site will fail, blahblah, it's not worth my time to entertain you mediocre gamings with a big ramble.

I would like to state though, that had any of you actually followed the link that -Evil Eye- provided. You would find that you do, indeed have to pay for the software, thus making it, not abandonwarez or whatever the hell you want to call it.

As for your ignorace, I'd like to ask, why you feel that my site looks like a warez, crazk, et cetra, site? I am just curious, as I have no intention of ever hosting anything illegal or immoral, on purpose.

As for why this was in your news, I'm not sure. I didn't send any comments, as you people seem quite stuck-up and I wouldn't want to hurt your little ego's by introducing competition. But I don't see what the problem is. Websites in gaming industry should cooperate, not fight. Communities are what makes games successful, no obviously some good clan fighting or whatever wont really hurt anyone.

I bid you farwell, and hope I never see many of your faces again.

Dude, FinalMjolnir, we're testing you (most of us). We wanna see if you can do(hopefully) better than what MGON did. Oh, and I'm now trolling your forums too. :P

What the heck? Do you think everyone making comments in this thread is a DW staff member or something?

First, in case it isn't clear to you: my opinions, and all the other opinions stated in this thread, are NOT representative of Doomworld. We are all merely visitors to this site, just like you.

FinalMjolnir said:

you people, for the most part are ignorant.

Insulting 90% of the Doom community is not going to get you a lot of visitors :(

But I'll leave that aside, and maybe give you another chance in my mind.

Us give you another chance? Unfortunately for you, it doesn't work like that. The community will more than easily survive without your site, but you certainly won't survive without us, I'm afraid. Even if you forget about the Doomers, I don't really think you could compete with planetquake.com for your Quake content.

You people obviously have some sort of site 'ego' problem.

Hmm, insulting the community again? Not a good move :(

Instantly deducing that my site will fail

Where did anyone say that? For some reason Myk commented that he wanted your site to fail, but he didn't say that he thought it would.

it's not worth my time to entertain you mediocre gamings with a big ramble

A site which doesn't care about its potential visitors. Interesting.

You would find that you do, indeed have to pay for the software, thus making it, not abandonwarez or whatever the hell you want to call it.

It's called freeoldies.com. Go figure :|

I'd like to ask, why you feel that my site looks like a warez, crazk, et cetra, site?

It should be rather obvious that we're talking about the site linked to in your forums (first mentioned by Rusesel P, who is just a regular DW visitor) and not idgames.net.

As for why this was in your news, I'm not sure.

Are you saying that your site with about a dozen regular visitors is too good for a site like Doomworld which is visited by almost everyone in the Doom community?

Besides, this is the first time I've heard of someone complaing that their new site was linked by Doomworld - Usually they're moaning that Doomworld won'tmention their new site (*ahem* not that this happens often, of course).

I didn't send any comments, as you people seem quite stuck-up and I wouldn't want to hurt your little ego's by introducing competition.

Uh, none of the people who've commented here are DW staff members, so are you saying that your site is in competition with the entire Doom community? Are you trying to start up a rival community or something?

Communities are what makes games successful

Communities are also what makes websites successful, and you've just alienated most of it. Well done.

I bid you farwell, and hope I never see many of your faces again.

Predicted lifespan for a website which repeatedly insults the majority of its potential visitors, and in fact doesn't even seem to actually want any visitors: extremely limited.

My suggestion: hire a PR guy. I think you need it.

I think the site is a great idea but the fact that it was the DOOM Downloads Manager that thought DOOM was abandonware that kinda scared me when I first read it. People involved in running the DOOM section should atleast know the trivial stuff like whether or not DOOM is free. :-\

Meh, it doesn't really matter thought. I'm not gonna judge the site before you guys get a chance to prove yourselves because I believe that the more avenues we have to new players/modders the better. Our community could use an influx of new blood, so I'm not gonna shit on anyone that helps bring it.

That beind said, don't fuck with DOOMWORLD (being a NewDoom infidel I'm not being egotistical when I say that). The site is going through a big change of it's own so now would be a great time to make some friends, everyones optimitic about the future. On the otherhand if you cross the people here they'll never let it go so try not to burn too many bridges.

The site is a great idea, I'm sure it'll bring more id fans around to our corner of the net. For fucks sakes, let's not turn this into another pissing contest like what's been going on between DOOMWORLD and NewDoom all this time. It's like watching two nerds get in a fight over whos got the cooler protractor....

Rellik said:

It's like watching two nerds get in a fight over whos got the cooler protractor....

I agree... But one of those nerds is Bill Gates and the other one writes crappy BASIC programs in his spare time ;)