Find results in...
Clippy

Corn on pizza

Corn on Pizza  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Corn on Pizza

• yes
    • no

I never heard of this and I am scared to try it - tell me about your experiences

1 minute ago, Swordofdanu said:

Foot corn. 

That's even worse. Nobody's going to eat that!

Speaking of pizza... the other month, I asked my mom about strawberries on pizza, and she made a face that looked like they don't go well together.

Ok serious, even though I never eat a goddamn pizza with a corn on it (in fact I'm almost never eat pizza) corn on pizza to me sounds like it taste okay - good. But it's probably because I'm imagining a roasted corn mixed with pizza.

Never had corn on pizza, but I can't imagine it'd be very good. Not the biggest fan of corn to begin with, though, so I'm admittedly biased.

Never tried or really given thought to it before, but I can see how it could work.

Certainly makes more sense than pineapple.

This may be a regional thing, but over here (the UK) sweetcorn is a pretty normal pizza topping in my experience - I don't know if sweetcorn, diced onion, and diced bell peppers would be the classic veggie pizza, but it wouldn't be anything unusual.

I've never tried it but I'd imagine it couldn't be too bad.

I mean corn is usually somewhat sweet and so is pineapple so if you like pineapple on pizza, corn may be your thing too. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Rocket said:

I've never tried it but I'd imagine it couldn't be too bad.

I mean corn is usually somewhat sweet and so is pineapple so if you like pineapple on pizza, corn may be your thing too. 

I often order both pineapple and corn on the pizzas that I eat

along with lots of meat

I put sweetcorn (as it's known in England) frequently on my pizza. Serves the same role as something like bell pepper, cherry tomatoes or olives. A small burst of sweet freshness.

Almost anything can go on pizza if you combine it with the right ingredients. A pizza base is pretty generic savory dough and the variety of flavor combinations it can support is pretty vast.

One of the best pizzas I ever had was shredded duck, fresh cucumber and hoisin sauce. Absolutely stunning.

7 minutes ago, Mr.Rocket said:

lol I'll pass on that one. :D

same LOL

26 minutes ago, Bauul said:

I put sweetcorn (as it's known in England) frequently on my pizza. Serves the same role as something like bell pepper, cherry tomatoes or olives. A small burst of sweet freshness.

Almost anything can go on pizza if you combine it with the right ingredients. A pizza base is pretty generic savory dough and the variety of flavor combinations it can support is pretty vast.

One of the best pizzas I ever had was shredded duck, fresh cucumber and hoisin sauce. Absolutely stunning.

That sounds nice, I did a stint of 6 months at a domino’s pizza several years ago. During that time they did a chicken tikka pizza. That worked surprisingly well.

As for the op - Sweetcorn is fine but tends to only be on vegetarian or bbq chicken pizzas. Personally I don’t think you can substitute it for peppers or tomatoes.

I had corn on pizza before and it's great, as long as you mix it with the right ingredients like some people said already.

The one I had was chipotle sauce, chicken, bacon, red onions and corn.

I think I'd hate it but then I don't really like corn on account of my weird aversion to little round things of a certain texture being in my food (think peas, small grapes, blueberries, raisins, things of that sort)

I hear durian on pizza is a thing and I'm very keen to try that

You guys had me at 'pizza'. Yeah for sure I would try anything on a pizza.

Just now, Stupid Bunny said:

I hear durian on pizza is a thing and I'm very keen to try that

... ok almost anything

7 minutes ago, Kyka said:

You guys had me at 'pizza'. Yeah for sure I would try anything on a pizza.

... ok almost anything

It's more like a dessert than anything you would eat for dinner.

Yeah, depends on what you put on the Pizza, Corn is great.

Pizza Tuna comes often with it: Tuna, Onion Corn, Tomato Sauce.

I do not recommend to put Pepper on it as in that Picture that i found haha :

tuna-pizza-image.jpg