Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paf

Share your titlepics!

I'm pretty bored so I decided to create this thread.

The title basically says it all, share all your titlepics here!

I'll start: 

OIP.jpg

(free to use, for a deathmatch wad but I don't plan on making one)

titlepic.png

(for my nanowadmo project)

Edited by Paf

NoisyDiarrhea_Title.png.fcce7f6eeda1d940dba2fb95681df34a.png

One i made for NoisyDiarrhea.
I was planing on submitting it to the project along a proper status bar, but i was busy and it got into /Idgames in the mean time :P
I still added it to my own wad :)
So everything its fine ;)

NoisyVelvet liked it if i remember right :D

1 hour ago, thelamp said:

a very purple titlepic for a very purple mapset

Very cool the way how you outlined the marine in yellow! These are not easy colors to deal on Doom palette

29 minutes ago, Noiser said:

Very cool the way how you outlined the marine in yellow! These are not easy colors to deal on Doom palette

I made it a bit easier by editing the Doom palette, it's only one extra shade of purple but it helps a lot when there's only 5 others

lamppal.png

From as far as I remember I only made one custom TITLEPIC, made with MS Paint:

TITLEPIC.png

I don't have a larger version of this unfortunately since the original file was lost ever since I switched PCs some time ago, still looks pretty cool though.

For a 1 minute speedmap wad:

aXggRe2_460s.png

Edited by Paf

I'm starting to think that these aren't actual TITLEPICs and that this is just a "post dumb pictures I thought funny to increase my postcount" thread in disguise.

5 hours ago, Kinsie said:

I'm starting to think that these aren't actual TITLEPICs and that this is just a "post dumb pictures I thought funny to increase my postcount" thread in disguise.

Okay, I won't spam this thread with Drake pics then

7 hours ago, Kinsie said:

quick, hide!

8 hours ago, Kinsie said:

Doom is the pinnacle of absurdity, my man!

Don't take me wrong, i mean, with the huge amount of projects releases every week and those still as wip, people needs to come with something original or out of the norm to be interesting at least haha :D

There are tons and tons of low profile mapsets that are quite good but have a silly nature or not so serious approach that cast away some players.

Khorus's Speedy Shit and Kama Sutra are two great examples of amazing mapsets with silly approach but serious treat.
And their TITLEPICS seriously wins the cake!
;)

1 hour ago, P41R47 said:

Doom is the pinnacle of absurdity, my man!

Don't take me wrong, i mean, with the huge amount of projects releases every week and those still as wip, people needs to come with something original or out of the norm to be interesting at least haha :D

There are tons and tons of low profile mapsets that are quite good but have a silly nature or not so serious approach that cast away some players.

Khorus's Speedy Shit and Kama Sutra are two great examples of amazing mapsets with silly approach but serious treat.
And their TITLEPICS seriously wins the cake!
;)

Oh, trust me, I am not under any circumstances opposed to dumb stuff in Doom, my modding CV stands as testament to that. But the stuff I was calling out wasn't the typical aspect ratios used (even fancy hi-res ZDoom titlepics stick to 4:3 resolutions like 1024x768) so it just struck me as random images not even tested for the engine. (I don't even know how ZDoom handles images thinner than 4:3 for that stuff!)

Anyhoo, to get back on topic, here's some stuff from random projects, either stuff I contributed to that was made by other people, and stuff that just never made it to the finish line:

qwn8qik.png2T4hjFa.png

4zXbhIU.pngDCbhzG4.png

KAL5BuL.pngrkquEbU.png

soG2sJ4.png

bcp9LIO.png

Okay I’m gonna have to put that Classic Complete title pic in my Doom: The Complete Journey wad.

Edited by Captain Ventris

Vs44535.png

Here's the truecolor TITLEPIC from my wad CABIN! Verlion D'Gorche is amazingly talented, and was kind enough to do it up for me especially with the limitations that were imposed by the Doom engine.

On 10/5/2021 at 3:17 AM, Kinsie said:

the titlepics i posted can be resized to run in vanilla, and that's what i've done for all of them

Sorry for necroing, but I made these two titlepics a little while ago, and wanted to post them. Couldn't find any active thread to do so in.

UQBtiot.png

eys0JdX.png

These are for my next deathmatch megaWAD - which one looks better? Both are in Doom's palette already.

I have them in 320x200 as well, but I wanted to post bigger pictures.

6 minutes ago, Arrowhead said:

Sorry for necroing, but I made these two titlepics a little while ago, and wanted to post them. Couldn't find any active thread to do so in.

UQBtiot.png

eys0JdX.png

These are for my next deathmatch megaWAD - which one looks better? Both are in Doom's palette already.

I have them in 320x200 as well, but I wanted to post bigger pictures.

Top one IMO.

On 10/4/2021 at 3:11 AM, thelamp said:

a very purple titlepic for a very purple mapset

threadpic palletted 16-10.png

It has some nice EGA vibes. Can you share it with higher resolution?

9 hours ago, Fluuschoen said:

It has some nice EGA vibes. Can you share it with higher resolution?

Here it is, along with some other colour schemes I was experimenting with as well as the original that I grabbed from a google image search.

Spoiler

magspire-titlepic.png.bd358d810fa166df862b10f79126188c.pngmagspire-titlepic-allpurp.png.3aa697763263feeb071e2ca62e39a82d.pngexperiment1.png.1afb02394a0b4ac4e0a527df5ace35fa.pngexperiment2.png.ad8f925931c39359a461c5ce22d1ab79.pngdoomwallscroll.png.61b84e7382ea4d388ac96676e018deeb.png