Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xyzzу

axolotl.wad [11 maps] [/idgames]

This was an awesome set full of neat ideas and it was a joy to play. :)

Legitimately the most fun I’ve had with a PWAD all year. It perfectly captures Ribbiksian experimental energy with the twist of being more on the nose. This is a flagship for MBF21. See you at the Cacowards

Aesthetically, these maps are gorgeous and hit home very well in design.

The new DeHackED tricks and gimmicks are amazing! I love the little "get out of jail free" button at the end. :3

But gameplay-wise this is completely unplayable. Nearly every map has to be godmode + noclipped in order to finish since the maps straight up make no sense and the difficulty is more BS then it being the players fault. (Seriously how TF are you meant to complete map03 when in order to access the next area it straight up doesn't open for you :P)

How I wish I could show my pet axolotl this in the past. It looks great.

1 hour ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

The new DeHackED tricks and gimmicks are amazing! I love the little "get out of jail free" button at the end. :3

But gameplay-wise this is completely unplayable. Nearly every map has to be godmode + noclipped in order to finish since the maps straight up make no sense and the difficulty is more BS then it being the players fault. (Seriously how TF are you meant to complete map03 when in order to access the next area it straight up doesn't open for you :P)

I completely disagree. There is no section in this wad in which I was required to cheat in order to progress.

8 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

I take it you're not a pain slut? And do you mean MAP04 because in MAP03 you shoot the purple guy to progress and then teleport back to the center after the four outer switches are pressed. If this is some issue in a "Z" port, I ain't the one to fix it :P Thanks for your review though, I appreciate it!

Thanks everyone for you comments, they legitimately warmed me up inside as I've just been inactive for a bit 😊 Fun fact about the color scheme, the blue and purple happen to be the inverse of the red and green colors of Ribbiks' Frog series of WADs!

map 5 was an absolute stand out.  zapped me straight back to italo07, nostalgic rocket jumping. 

nice "throwback" in the word puzzle map, btw. 

typically not fond of puzzle gameplay but this got a few chuckles out of me, bravo.

I just gave you one for your post :P On a serious note, really appreciate the awesome max demo, David! Thanks a bunch!

Spoiler

You must form the angel to spawn the invulnerability sphere in.

20 minutes ago, Xyzzy01 said:

I just gave you one for your post :P On a serious note, really appreciate the awesome max demo, David! Thanks a bunch!

Hide contents

You must form the angel to spawn the invulnerability sphere in.

ok gotcha. Ill spend some time and figure how to do that; I could probably get a way better time with the invuln. And ur welcome bro, it was my favorite map!

And with that last edit to MAP05, I'm done. Thank you all so much for the support! Hope you continue to enjoy this... thing c: Going on a mapping hiatus, of sorts.

26 minutes ago, NuMetalManiak said:

if you must know MAP04's music, it's the Shadow Forest theme from Chrono Cross. *flies away*

chrono cross is the shit, hearing the radical dreamers ost get a revamp was 10/10 and i will fight anyone who disagrees.

This is MAP01, right? That's the point :P Also it's too late to be giving me feedback now; I'll reiterate what I said earlier:

If this is some issue in a "Z" port, I ain't the one to fix it :P

Has anyone tested it in Woof? After taking a glance at the craziness, I suppose it may be hard to tell if this works. I keep my fingers crossed.