Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Master O

Gearbox Leadership Shuffle. Pitchford Still in Charge. And Greasy

It's about damn time, that fucking prick.

guys please stop reacting to this post. I misinterpreted that headline and thought he WAS stepping down. he's still with the company!

Edited by HavoX

It's really more of a step up than a step down when you look at the details.

while Pitchford remains CEO of The Gearbox Entertainment Company (the holding company of Gearbox Software) and president of Gearbox Studios, which will oversee Gearbox's development of film and television shows.

In a tweet, Pitchford explained that he will be responsible for "high level creative and business strategy" " while also serving as a "hybrid" chief creative officer where necessary.

So he's not getting any less money, influence, or power. He just gets to be a bit less the face of the studio, perhaps in the hope that the jokes at his expense recede.

I wish he was gone altogether. This is hardly a downgrade for him, considering the fact that he'll probably be paid the same, and will probably have less responsibility not being the face of the company. Hopefully employees will be remunerated properly under this new leadership( and not under that unfair remuneration system), with Randy taking a backseat. The company as a whole deserves better than Randy.

Godspeed, you greasy bastard.

Looks like Gearbox invested in some degreaser. Took them long enough to realise that he has been an absolute PR nightmare for the company over the past few years, especially.

B7ctnWj.png

It will be kind of hilarious if the guy replacing him is even worse for the Duke Nukem IP than Randy, but besides, he’s still the CEO so I don’t believe there will be any noticeable difference with their software side of the company with his departure. 

So he's not gone, he's still pulling strings (arguably more now) but we'll just know less about what shady awful shit he's up to.

Wonderful.

3 hours ago, Silent Wolf said:

I wish he was gone altogether. This is hardly a downgrade for him, considering the fact that he'll probably be paid the same, and will probably have less responsibility not being the face of the company. Hopefully employees will be remunerated properly under this new leadership( and not under that unfair remuneration system), with Randy taking a backseat. The company as a whole deserves better than Randy.

Godspeed, you greasy bastard.

LoL, as if. Remmember people from upper management never learn from their mistakes and always double down.

Just now, MS-06FZ Zaku II Kai said:

LoL, as if. Remmember people from upper management never learn from their mistakes and always double down.

One can dream, can't he?

Title more than a little clickbaitey. Sounds more like a reshuffle of leadership perhaps prompted by their new overlords trying to get his dumb greasy ass out of the public eye.

Edited by Murdoch

Oh boy we all know Civvie 11 would get a kick out of this because:

randy pitchford is so greasy that he can become his own slip 'n' slide.

randy pitchford is so greasy that he can make his own line of lube or sex jelly (give or take).

randy pitchford is so greasy he can fuel the flamethrower in any WW2 shooter game.

So long, good night you good of nothing limb dick, backstabbing, ripping people off for money, running a company almost to the ground, good for nothing *bubbles from Trailer park boys* Greasy bastard. 

4 hours ago, ILIKEDOOM2 said:

Gearbox, that company that made Opposing Force and Blue Shift but was a dick while making Halo CE

They also fucked up Aliens: Colonial Marines so badly another studio took the fall for them failing to meet their contract, while they kept on making Borderlands 2.

Cool so real question now remains: Is Gearbox gonna make a new Duke Nukem game or give the IP back to 3D Realms? 🤔

33 minutes ago, Philnemba said:

Cool so real question now remains: Is Gearbox gonna make a new Duke Nukem game or give the IP back to 3D Realms? 🤔

Companies don't just "give" IP back. Your best hope would be them sublicensing the IP either to 3D Realms affiliated developers or someone else.

Edited by Murdoch

1 hour ago, Murdoch said:

Companies don't just "give" IP back. Your best hope would be them sublicensing the IP either to 3D Realms affiliated developers or someone else.

Both 3D Realms and Gearbox now belongs to Embracer group, the IP can be shared between both without any copyright problems.

7 minutes ago, Zanieon said:

Both 3D Realms and Gearbox now belongs to Embracer group, the IP can be shared between both without any copyright problems.

True, I forgot about that. It will be interesting to see if anything ever transpires. 

Possibly, but lots of things would have to be worked out. People forget that no major publisher would touch Duke Nukem after DNF was released. Randy is terrible, but blaming him for the lack of new Duke Nukem grossly oversimplifies the issue, like how the last game came out over a decade ago or how it's culturally out of place now. If it was marketed correctly as a boomer shooter it might do ok, but I think the misogyny would have to be heavily toned down to something more harmless. The PR would suck toouch otherwise.

The reign of grease has ended. It's been a decade since there was last a Duke Nukem game and upon DNF turning 10 he just up and leaves, think about it. Creepo never cared.

E: TBH I don't want another game anyway, I just feel bad for the fans that waited this long to ultimately see nothing. Duke not being appropriate for this current era is a whole nother can of worms I'd rather not even humor opening.

1 hour ago, DannyMan said:

Well, he's out, Gearbox Software will have a president that is less shady (I hope).

No he's not. It's a badly worded, click bait title for both this thread and the article. He's still in a position of power at the company.

@Doomkid any chance of a title change for this thread? May i suggest "gearbox leadership shuffle. Pitchford still in charge. And greasy."

3 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

@Doomkid any chance of a title change for this thread? May i suggest "gearbox leadership shuffle. Pitchford still in charge. And greasy."

Well, Pitchford weighs as much as 25 gallons of vegetable oil, assuming he weighs 180 pounds, give or take. Which is a safe assumption based on his height and general appearance. So yes, he is a very greasy individual. So much so that Wendy's, Hardy's, Burger King, and McDonalds could probably give him a nice side job filling up their fryers. 

He's not going away any time soon, but the more shit that comes his way, the better. He has ran Gearbox into the ground, and I can't wait for the day that he finally steps away from the company. It won't be soon, but this is a step in the right direction. When the CEO of a company has to step aside, it's usually only a matter of time before they step away completely. 

And I can't wait for Civvie 11's video on it.