Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AzureDoomMapper1250

Custom Waterfall not switching textures?

Hello, i have made a custom rainbow waterfall for my wad which i am currently working on, though for some reason it doesn't switch textures. It just freezes on the first texture, i also have made a flat liquid texture for the waterfall, though it also freezes when i play the wad.1835798635_bandicam2021-10-1011-46-26-092.gif.1828a526ca1f99f46f747bd979cc4cee.gif

Just now, ViolentBeetle said:

Did you actually defined that it should be falling somewhere?

What do you mean by that? I added it to TEXTURE1 and it's supposed to be a waterfall, but rainbow, same thing with the flat texture.

1 minute ago, AzureDoomMapper1250 said:

What do you mean by that? I added it to TEXTURE1 and it's supposed to be a waterfall, but rainbow, same thing with the flat texture.

Yes, but how would it know it should animate? I'm not sure what format your wad is supposed to be in, so I can't comment on what you can do to define animations.

Just now, ViolentBeetle said:

Yes, but how would it know it should animate? I'm not sure what format your wad is supposed to be in, so I can't comment on what you can do to define animations.

My wad is in Zandronum UDMF format.

You need either an ANIMATED lump or an ANIMDEFS lump. ANIMDEFS is fancier and allows for more features. You can use SLADE to add one to your project; I generally put the lump pretty high up in the list of my WADs.

https://zdoom.org/wiki/ANIMDEFS

There are a few tutorials out there for how to edit this lump to make custom animated textures.