Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kinsie

Getting 500 Errors? Switch to Default Theme At Bottom Of Page

Dunno why this is happening, but there's your workaround for now.

Also boy, the default theme kinda sucks.

Doomworld (wide) theme also works (on desktop anyway), so you can choose that one if default white hurts your eyes.

1 minute ago, Omniarch said:

Doomworld (wide) theme also works (on desktop anyway)

Ah, so that's why I'm not having any problems. I'm using the wide theme to mimic the Doomworld from the vBulletin days, if my memory serves me right.

@Kinsie I think you mean Doomworld (Wide) theme or White theme? Doomworld (Default) is the only one that doesn't work for me.

3 minutes ago, HavoX said:

Ah, so that's why I'm not having any problems. I'm using the wide theme to mimic the Doomworld from the vBulletin days, if my memory serves me right.

Ja, I think that's why only a handful of people have been able to access threads lately, since most users either use the default by choice or weren't even aware that you could change theme at all (I was in the latter camp).

12 minutes ago, Horus said:

I think you mean Doomworld (Wide) theme or White theme? Doomworld (Default) is the only one that doesn't work for me.

Seems to be the case for me. I used White to make this post.

Edited by Biodegradable

4 minutes ago, Horus said:

@Kinsie I think you mean Doomworld (Wide) theme or White theme? Doomworld (Default) is the only one that doesn't work for me.

I hadn't tried Doomworld Wide when I made this thread, admittedly.

Should be fixed now, the Doomworld theme has been changed to an exact copy of the previous Doomworld theme except it works somehow. Computers, man.

1 hour ago, Linguica said:

I have absolutely no idea WTF happened. Using the default theme template suddenly started to make the server give some sort of internal error.

Maybe you got hacked by an entity from hell. I dunno what those cyberdemons and spider masterminds are capable of . . .  :D  :P

Strange that a theme change would cause 500 errors. I assumed it was an apache issue as the threads use mod rewrite.