Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BBQgiraffe

the most important poll in human history

what flavour jelly do you put on your pb&j  

97 members have voted

1. 1. what flavour jelly do you put on your pb&j

On 10/11/2021 at 4:13 PM, Doomkid said:

I’m sure you’re right. I’ve heard peanut butter is worse for you than most people are willing to admit, but the person saying that was possibly mistaken.

My brain perceives anything that sweet, smooth and sticky to be “a sweet” rather than actual food, especially on white bread, which is all empty carbs. Crunchy peanut butter probably does scoot it further into the realm of actual food!

I mean its definitely not a healthy food choice if you're eating it daily as opposed to the occasional snack. Its literally mashed up peanuts with a huge load of oil and preservatives and sugars.

I welcome all types of jam or jellies. Strawberry is my favorite, but grape, apple, marshmallow, and everything else in between is enjoyed by me as well.

Also, before I forget. I sometimes will cook two Eggo Waffles and use those instead of bread to make my PB&J. No syrup, just waffles, peanut butter and jelly. 

20 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

I got that motherfucker spread all the way to the edges. I can spread crunchy like a champ. Git gud, mate.

kjDL7IV.png

The picture doesn't show it, but that's not just any old white bread. What do you take me for, Jello?! It's high-fibre with sesame seeds on the crust and it's bloody fantastic. Best fucking white bread I've ever had. ;^) Regardless, I'll make sure to follow your directions when I make another one tomorrow.

I do admire your skills of spreading crunchy peanut butter to the edges. Usually when I try that I end up digging the peanuts into the bread and tearing a hole through it. So kudos to you. And I'm glad you're not just using plain white bread, because that stuff is just awful. It's bleached wheat germ that loses almost all of its nutritional value. I figured you knew how to make your sandwich, but it looked like plain white bread; so no offense intended.

But I would still prefer whole wheat or multigrain with mine. Creamy peanut butter works better, and jam spread (strawberry), makes the sandwich. But it's not something you'd want to eat every day, it's very heavy in sugars, with some protein to help, but it'll get you through the afternoon. And it's tasty. I think I have one twice a month. 

Let me know how your new PBJ experience went.

1 minute ago, Jello said:

Let me know how your new PBJ experience went.

And I shall! Well, I followed your directions: I applied the peanut butter to both pieces with plenty of "jelly" in between. This one was definitely better than the first, but not by a wide margin, I'm sorry to say. I don't think the flavours really mesh, honestly. It's definitely not gross like I first imagined it might be, but they don't really complement each other all too well, at least for my picky palette. It felt like both flavours were just fighting for attention. If someone had one made and offered it to me, I wouldn't turn it down but I doubt I'll be making any more PB&J sandwiches anytime soon, if ever again. However, it was a fun experiment.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this tid-bit in my last comment.

If you're feeling particularly adventurous, cook an egg over medium and put it in your PBJ.  It sounds a bit gross on paper, but it's surprisingly really good if you cook the egg *just-enough* so the yolk doesn't run everywhere.

I recommend toasting your bread too beforehand.

Honey. My sandwiches are crunch peanut butter and honey. I've never had a peanut butter and jam sandwich, though I guess I should try one at some point. It's been a while since I've had a peanut butter and honey sandwich though, I used to eat one every day at school and eventually got sick of them. I'll make one on the rare occasion and enjoy it.

I don't know why, but for some reason hearing or reading someone say PB&J or peanut butter and jelly makes me recoil as if they'd said something deeply offensive. Referring to a jam as 'jelly' just feels wrong to me. I have no idea why I react like this to that specifically, as very few things will actually faze me like that.

Don't know if anyone has ever seen this, but I really want to try this. 

image.png.7599b9d1a525edcc82c3b2f0890d1c5f.png

The combinations come out to be Jam/Creamy PB, Jam/Nutella, Jam/Crunchy PB, Honey/Creamy PB, Honey/Nutella, Honey/Crunchy PB, Marshmallow/Creamy PB, Marshmallow/Nutella, Marshmallow/Crunchy PB

Orange marmalade is my preferred spread.

Spoiler

Feel free to cope and seethe over my totally original pick with no bias what-so-ever. Ugh, the fact that I used an American meme angers me, but also makes me feel like I'm mister worldwide!

I haven't tasted a lot jam in my life but from my experience it's Mixed Fruit Jam.