Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BBQgiraffe

the most important poll in human history

what flavour jelly do you put on your pb&j  

97 members have voted

  1. 1. what flavour jelly do you put on your pb&j



Recommended Posts

Rose hip jam and you cannot change my opinion on that.

Share this post


Link to post

And the winners are

  • Pomegranate
  • Boysenberry
  • Pumpkin butter
  • Apple butter
  • Spun honey
  • Also blackberry come on how is that not on the list
  • Anything else contrarian but not overly weird that comes to mind

Share this post


Link to post

Coming from a country known for its tulips and wooden shoes, I have absolutely no idea what this is all about . . . 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, Apprentice said:

Coming from a country known for its tulips and wooden shoes, I have absolutely no idea what this is all about . . . 🤣

 

A common American sandwich of Peanut Butter and Jelly. The "Jelly" they're referring to is jam. I've never tried it myself because the flavour combination sounds gross to me lol.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't eat PB&J, I eat grilled peanut butter sandwiches or peanut butter on hot toast.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Biodegradable said:

 

A common American sandwich of Peanut Butter and Jelly. The "Jelly" they're referring to is jam. I've never tried it myself because the flavour combination sounds gross to me lol.

 

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Bobby “lolmcswagger” said:

I use bacon relish cause I'm a fat guy with not enough joy in his life

...In a PB&J?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

 

A common American sandwich of Peanut Butter and Jelly. The "Jelly" they're referring to is jam. I've never tried it myself because the flavour combination sounds gross to me lol.

It is gross. PB&J is the worst invention in human history.

Share this post


Link to post

I had no idea what PB&J was until Biodegradable answered Apprentice question.

 

You Yanks and your peanut butter, just slap it on everything eh? I'm Australian so I never had this sandwich before. But if I did, I'll probably put vegemite with a Kangaroo patty in it. Is that how it's done?

 

I'll digress and ask a question - can anyone translate this Australian sentence?

 

"Phew mate, I'm flat out as a Lizard drinking being a blind Freddy out at the black stump. But I'll tell you what mate, I'll bend the elbow and scull a couple tinnies with me tucker and then she'll be right."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I was torn between strawberry and raspberry. Both are delicious, but strawberry edges out raspberry. Probably because I just generally buy strawberry more often.

 

I can't stand grape, it overpowers the pb, it doesn't taste like grapes, and really the consistency of something like Smuckers or welches grape jelly reminds me of that goo the aliens put in that guy's mouth in Fire in the Sky.

 

The day that I realized I wasn't relegated to only eating grape jelly on my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches was a glorious day indeed.

 

Blackberry jam is really good as well, but I haven't had it in years. My step grandma used to make all kinds of jellies and jams, but I haven't seen her in a long time.

 

Although honey tastes really good on a peanut butter sandwich as well, you just need more milk to wash it down.

Share this post


Link to post

Smooth peanut butter with no sugar and blueberry raspberry jam. This has kinda become my vegan cheese replacement.

Share this post


Link to post

Would never ruin anything using peanuts. ( is having a mild allergy cheating? )

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, vyruss said:

Raspberry.  Everything else is heresy.

Found the Chad 💪

 

Really, I haven’t eaten PB&J since I was about 12. It’s such a sweet item with 0 nutritional value.. For people not born in the US wondering about it, it’s pretty much always done on white bread and with smooth peanut butter.

 

I can definitely see why Aussies feel weird about it, it’s the same reaction most Americans would have to fairy bread, which I also found delicious when I first tried it despite it being so simplistic.

 

6 hours ago, Chezza said:

I had no idea what PB&J was until Biodegradable answered Apprentice question.

 

You Yanks and your peanut butter, just slap it on everything eh? I'm Australian so I never had this sandwich before. But if I did, I'll probably put vegemite with a Kangaroo patty in it. Is that how it's done?

 

I'll digress and ask a question - can anyone translate this Australian sentence?

 

"Phew mate, I'm flat out as a Lizard drinking being a blind Freddy out at the black stump. But I'll tell you what mate, I'll bend the elbow and scull a couple tinnies with me tucker and then she'll be right."

As a damn dirty half-breed of the US and AU, I can easily read this, but I wonder if any non-Aussies can..

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Chezza said:

You Yanks and your peanut butter, just slap it on everything eh? I'm Australian so I never had this sandwich before. But if I did, I'll probably put vegemite with a Kangaroo patty in it. Is that how it's done?

 

I don't know about you, Chez, but I'm getting curious enough to give it a go and see what the fuss is about. I fucking love both peanut butter and jam, so I might have to whip up this fancy yankee-doodle sandwich and find out. I'll report back tomorrow with my findings. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×