Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dusty_Rhodes

[SLOTS TAKEN!] Community Trunk, a cp in the style of CC1 and CC2

5 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Can you put a link to the completed maps in OP post? Just for knowing what maps are completed...

And for my map... I have to make some small fixes to some previous maps i did (Deadly Standards 4 and TNT bruh Speedmapping), but for December I'll probably begin it, if nothing else happens...

The newest resource wad has Maps 01 - 07 in it. They're all still in beta stage but they're there. Dubbag's Map02 isn't fully playable as it doesn't have an exit and his second map isn't it there. I believe he said he wanted to make some changes. 

Thanks for the heads up on your mapping and I'll be excited to see Deadly Standards 4! Like I said, no rush. 

4 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I am still working on my map. I aim to get it done before the end of this year.

Screenshot_Doom_20211129_104023.png.d425d81e553d1e047962c47fd154fd54.png

Looks very cool, take your time. :)

3 hours ago, Vladguy said:

Hey Dusty, quick question, if possible could I try to create a MAP33? I wanna use CANYON.mid and possibly have a bit of creative fun with it.

(by the by i'm still working on my map, although slowly)

We're definitely not doing a large super, super secret, warp - only Map33 as a project at the end using multiple mappers (wink wink). 

Jokes aside, something like that would be at the end of the project because I'd like a few mappers to be a part of it. However it shouldn't take importance over the mappers' other entries.

TLDR; we'll get to it at the end. 

Bumping this thread to inform people that map slot 12 is free as of now. I've decided to withdraw from the project due to map progress not going anywhere for the last few weeks & that's because life has been kind of a bitch lately. There's that.

Best of luck to this project & its people!

3 hours ago, The_SloVinator said:

Bumping this thread to inform people that map slot 12 is free as of now. I've decided to withdraw from the project due to map progress not going anywhere for the last few weeks & that's because life has been kind of a bitch lately. There's that.

Aw man, that sucks. Life's been a bitch as well for me, so I can relate I guess.

11 hours ago, The_SloVinator said:

Best of luck to this project & its people!

Sorry to hear that man, hope everything goes okay. I'll open up the slot. Thanks for the encouragment and help with the project.

I've always been interested in participating in a big community project like this. I feel like I've really started to create my own distinct style of mapping and I'm quite interested in joining. I'm gonna take that map 12 slot! (PS Sorry to hear that @The_SloVinator. Hope things will be better down the line)

18 hours ago, StarSpun5000 said:

I've always been interested in participating in a big community project like this. I feel like I've really started to create my own distinct style of mapping and I'm quite interested in joining. I'm gonna take that map 12 slot! (PS Sorry to hear that @The_SloVinator. Hope things will be better down the line)

Welcome aboard! I'll make sure to put you in the op. Feel free to join the Discord too.

Can you give me the link to the discord please?

(Nvm just realised the discord link is in the OP)

Edited by StarSpun5000

On 11/28/2021 at 8:55 PM, Dusty_Rhodes said:

So far we have quite a few maps in a playable state or otherwise under development. I'm here checking in on everybody else. I know @Cammy is working on the Realms of Chaos 2 vteam and on the Realms of Chaos Redux and that pcorf is starting in the new year. So if you're occupied, just give me a heads up. No pressure, just like to know where we're headed.

Hey, sorry for getting to this so slowly! I'm still interested in mapping for the 21 slot. Working on both of the RoC projects has greatly increased my confidence in mapping. I think I'm in the same boat as Corf - got some big projects I'm hoping to finish up by the end of the month, which will free me up to knock my map out when the new year rolls around.

6 hours ago, Cammy said:

Hey, sorry for getting to this so slowly! I'm still interested in mapping for the 21 slot. Working on both of the RoC projects has greatly increased my confidence in mapping. I think I'm in the same boat as Corf - got some big projects I'm hoping to finish up by the end of the month, which will free me up to knock my map out when the new year rolls around.

Hey it's no big deal, I'm working on some stuff right now myself. Mostly trying to finish up a map for Parellel Doomensions and my Rhode Less Traveled speedmap wad (which I'll probably make a post about when I upload it to the idgames archive).

Glad to see you and @pcorf are still interested.

It's great your feeling confident in your mapping skill and I'm excited to see your contributions! All the mapping I've been doing lately has certainly increased my confidence. Oh and one question:

In my speedmap wad I'm using Hey There Moonbeam by you and @Lippeth for Map07. I just wanted to get your  and Lippeth's permission before release to use the track. If not it's totally cool and I'll change the track.

2 hours ago, LGmaire said:

I'm quite looking foward to this wad, I would love to work on it, but all of the slots are taken, and I don't think I'm a good playtester or artist.

Glad to see you're looking forward to it! Sorry you didn't get a slot, but any playtesting is welcome, no matter the skill. Also, I do plan to make this a somewhat regular wad series, so keep an eye out in the future.

10 minutes ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

Glad to see you're looking forward to it! Sorry you didn't get a slot, but any playtesting is welcome, no matter the skill. Also, I do plan to make this a somewhat regular wad series, so keep an eye out in the future.

Oh no need to apologize. I can wait for more of these to come out in the future.

38 minutes ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

In my speedmap wad I'm using Hey There Moonbeam by you and @Lippeth for Map07. I just wanted to get your  and Lippeth's permission before release to use the track. If not it's totally cool and I'll change the track.

Go right ahead, no need to even ask! I'm just honored that you enjoy the track enough to consider scoring one of your maps with it. :)

10 hours ago, Cammy said:

Go right ahead, no need to even ask! I'm just honored that you enjoy the track enough to consider scoring one of your maps with it. :)

Thank you! I've really enjoyed your midis from the TNT pack. Great stuff. :D

14 hours ago, Origamyde said:

Here's my (long-awaited) contribution to Dusty's Community Trunk, Shattering Mayhem !

Great stuff, Ori! Really enjoyed this one.

Hey everyone, updated resource wad is in the op!

@Walter confetti it has more levels to test now.

I cleaned it up a lot, I removed redundant textures, implemented working lavafalls (finally), added new levels and music, and fixed some errors. If the renaming of textures caused missing textures in the wad, report it here. Thanks everyone!

9 minutes ago, princetontiger said:

Loving the screenshots... what's the ETA? :)

Well, we're making really solid progress. Depending on how long it takes for Cammy and Pcorf to do their maps, probably early - mid 2022.

Yeah mine also might not be ready for while, got another project to do, so my map might be done sometime in 2022.

19 minutes ago, Vladguy said:

Yeah mine also might not be ready for while, got another project to do, so my map might be done sometime in 2022.

Thanks for the update, I'll keep it in mind.

11 minutes ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

Thanks for the update, I'll keep it in mind.

I like this style.  No rushing..  gives me time to make more source ports :)

1 minute ago, Gibbon said:

I like this style.  No rushing..  gives me time to make more source ports :)

Well it's a very relaxed project, I don't want to scare people off with strict deadlines; deadlines don't work very well with this type of project. So I'm shooting for late spring 2022.

Plenty of time to polish the maps then.  Polishing for me is usually 6x how long it took to create them :) I still have to polish MAP7 a little 

I learn of this now and find it utterly fascinating timing considering I recently (and begrudgingly) finished CC1 sans MAP29 which I skipped after 30 minutes and am halfway through CC2. The only CC I played to completion was CC3 in 2009 and am going through all (four?) megawads to see the evolution of the mapper roster and mapping in general. Definitely looking forward to playing this down the line.

Small update: I'm not dead yet or have given up with mapping.

At this point, I don't have the time now to make maps or to playtest the maps being shown here, which is a shame since from the screenshots I saw here I am really excited to play them, someday. I recently worked on a map that didn't go anywhere, so I decided pick up work again on a map I didn't finish and is currently collecting virtual dust in my Doom folder. Yes, the one and only map I published that isn't in a community project: Existence.wad

Here's a demo of my map.

https://wadhosting.com/Wad/A4B10CA89260761B5B689EE49FB4C1C8E8F4B16F

(Note to Biodegradable, my favorite spooky playtester: You already played this one.)

Keep in mind this isn't the final version of that map, just a demo for others to play something.

Have fun!