Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dusty_Rhodes

[SLOTS TAKEN!] Community Trunk, a cp in the style of CC1 and CC2

8 minutes ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

The first episode uses the starry skies from the Master Levels, second episode uses Plutonia episode 1 cloud sky, and episode three uses the Hell sky from TNT. It's in the resource wad. Also the only reason the Gothic textures are there are for Plank Guy's map. I'm considering not using them though, as I don't think they fit the project too well. Thanks for asking. And no, we don't have a deadline now, but progress is going pretty quickly, so we'll have to see.

Ok, thank you for Map 16. I try to finish it within 30 days. I checked the resource wad and the first sky is the Plutonia one, and the second one is the starry sky. Is this correct?

6 minutes ago, Vladguy said:

Um, I think RSKY1 and RSKY2 are swapped.

image.png.0fd356e4b43d658e693b950a27df1c22.png

Maybe, either @Dusty_Rhodes mistook the info or the skies are accidentally unswapped (RSKY1 is still Plutonia's SKY1).

16 minutes ago, Hitboi said:

Maybe, either @Dusty_Rhodes mistook the info or the skies are accidentally unswapped (RSKY1 is still Plutonia's SKY1).

17 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Ok, thank you for Map 16. I try to finish it within 30 days. I checked the resource wad and the first sky is the Plutonia one, and the second one is the starry sky. Is this correct?

Yeah I got it mixed up. If you want me to switch them I can, but I think it flows better this way.

yeah, probably a good idea to switch them, i kinda don't want my map to happen in outer space and instead on demoninfestedearth.wad

1 minute ago, Vladguy said:

yeah, probably a good idea to switch them, i kinda don't want my map to happen in outer space and instead on demoninfestedearth.wad

I think it's more of a night sky, but that's fine, I'll switch them up.

So I have a finished beta for playtest (MAP07).  Just mostly cleaning things up and adding some polish is what is left, but everything is functional.  I tried to keep it CC1 style so it is designed for simple, clean fun.

I did testing on Crispy and Sprinkled Doom.

It has a secret, DM starts and...  don't stop moving :)

I use Eureka as an editor almost exclusively (Slade for creating the wad archives).

exinferis.zip (latin for 'from hell')

3 minutes ago, Gibbon said:

So I have a finished beta for playtest (MAP07).  Just mostly cleaning things up and adding some polish is what is left, but everything is functional.  I tried to keep it CC1 style so it is designed for simple, clean fun.

I use Eureka as an editor almost exclusively (Slade for creating the wad archives).

Excited to try it out!

15 hours ago, Dubbag said:

reupload, had to fix a couple of things. A misaligned texture and deleted an accidental secret sector that wasn't a secret.

Archofzimmer (2).zip

A little review of your map here.

VERY HARD FOR A NORMAL MAP. I really like the techbase feeling that verges on both Doom 1 and Doom 2's first levels.

Playing on HMP (I usually find UV a little too hard for most maps since I'm a noob), I found that the revenant trap (with the two switches and the lowering computer textures) absolutely destroyed me. Lots of hell knights and imps here, as well as a few shotgunners. I'd really like this as a later level, since it is just a bit too hard for regular old Doom II standards to be an early map. Unless we're focusing on the Plutonia standard of "archie in the first level" ;)

3 minutes ago, xdude_gamer said:

A little review of your map here.

VERY HARD FOR A NORMAL MAP. I really like the techbase feeling that verges on both Doom 1 and Doom 2's first levels.

Playing on HMP (I usually find UV a little too hard for most maps since I'm a noob), I found that the revenant trap (with the two switches and the lowering computer textures) absolutely destroyed me. Lots of hell knights and imps here, as well as a few shotgunners. I'd really like this as a later level, since it is just a bit too hard for regular old Doom II standards to be an early map. Unless we're focusing on the Plutonia standard of "archie in the first level" ;)

thank hope you liked it

what ever slot it fits best

1 minute ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

I helped a friend named @Paf make some MIDIs for his NaNoWADMo challenge, and I really liked them, so I linked them here. Since they are mine technically, they're allowed for use.

[OST] PafWADMo.zip

1 minute ago, Dubbag said:

thank hope you liked it

what ever slot it fits best

It's a very good map. Think it could be in the MAP21-MAP29 range, since those are where the traditionally hard maps fall (MAP31 and MAP32 for the craziest levels)

14 minutes ago, Gibbon said:

I took a run through of your map on UV, played on PrBoom+

Thoughts:

The large pillar fight was really fun, the variety of enemies and the ability to run a circuit with the RL and PG was something I've always like in levels. The use of Doom 2 and Gothic DM textures was pretty solid, especially in the pillar room.

Even if it doesn't make sense as a real place (this is Doom, it doesn't have to XD), I love the size of the circle room. Just a big, stand out visual. So good work. Also the music choice was excellent. Really pumps me up.

Things I wasn't crazy about:

It could have been longer, I really enjoyed most of the fights you had, but it was over just like that. I suppose it's better to leave me wanting more than making me wish it would end, but still, it's shorter than an American McGee map.

Maybe if you throw another key to use, and make the player look for it. That could extend the map, but still allow it to be short and exsplosive, just a thought.

Secondly, I'm not crazy about the concrete room at the start, it's a little mono textured and under detailed. 

Lastly, make the teleporter two - way, just so backtracking is easier if enemies of the secret is forgotten. And maybe don't use the TNT logo. Just doesn't fit the theme.

But honestly? These are really small nitpicks and I think this can be a really great level with a little fine - tuning. Good work.

31 minutes ago, Gibbon said:

I agree with Dusty on this one. With a little bit of work, this map would be a very great one. I like your style of map.

13 minutes ago, xdude_gamer said:

I agree with Dusty on this one. With a little bit of work, this map would be a very great one. I like your style of map.

Thanks both, I share your view of the entrance room.  It is a bit bare, I'll get on with making that first part longer and less empty.

I'll remove the TNT logo and use the base as a 2-way teleporter

7 minutes ago, Gibbon said:

Thanks both, I share your view of the entrance room.  It is a bit bare, I'll get on with making that first part longer and less empty.

I'll remove the TNT logo and use the base as a 2-way teleporter

Don't let the criticism discourage you, I've had my teeth kicked in the past with CPs I'd joined. You're better than most.

yo dusty, how exactly do I name my map, do I do it like Gibbon and name the wad file with the map's name or do i insert a CWILV## lump or something?

4 minutes ago, Vladguy said:

yo dusty, how exactly do I name my map, do I do it like Gibbon and name the wad file with the map's name or do i insert a CWILV## lump or something?

Just name the file. We'll get the CWILV lumps figured out when compiling.

1 minute ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

Just name the file. We'll get the CWILV lumps figured out when compiling.

Okay thanks for letting me know!

1 minute ago, Cheesewheel said:

What's the deadline for this? If I can start mapping in the new year and take a few months to finish, i'll take MAP24.

"We'll get a deadline figured out when people are finishing their maps"

3 minutes ago, xdude_gamer said:

"We'll get a deadline figured out when people are finishing their maps"

yeah i got some work to do on my first one and cant get to it today.

Hey Dusty, quick question real quick, can I include an out of bounds unreachable little joke sector with some custom textures? (four to be exact)

Maybe it'll be like a signature or something.

Cool to see that there's more map open, let me think about the map... maybe something for episode 3, but i still need to think about it. Downloaed the sources wad btw.

EDIT: Yeah, sign me for MAP22... any kind of map size and difficulty are accepted, right? Also, the sky for 3rd episode is misaligned.

Edited by Walter confetti

1 hour ago, Plank_Guy_89 said:

I'll take map 30 if 31 isn't available

You got it.

59 minutes ago, Vladguy said:

Hey Dusty, quick question real quick, can I include an out of bounds unreachable little joke sector with some custom textures? (four to be exact)

Maybe it'll be like a signature or something.

Yeah that sounds really fun. Send me the wad and I'll get the textures added. Good idea.

47 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Cool to see that there's more map open, let me think about the map... maybe something for episode 3, but i still need to think about it. Downloaed the sources wad btw.

EDIT: Yeah, sign me for MAP22... any kind of map size and difficulty are accepted, right? Also, the sky for 3rd episode is misaligned.

Yep you can have 22. Also I have no idea what's with the sky. I'll replace it with another one, it's from TNT Evilution, so you'd think it'd be aligned. I'll get it fixed.

7 minutes ago, Mystic 256 said:

ill take map19

Hey! Happy you can join us!

Good to have all of you onboard,

2 minutes ago, Cacodemon187 said:

I'll take map17! Will start mapping on November though

Sure!