Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dusty_Rhodes

[SLOTS TAKEN!] Community Trunk, a cp in the style of CC1 and CC2

On 4/20/2022 at 11:40 AM, pcorf said:

I am pretty satisfied with both maps and have no plans to make any changes. Project leader is welcome to make adjustments if nessecary. Now time to finish off Doom Odyssey 2.

Map09 was absolutely excellent. Really fantastic combat and a great showcase of lighting and using a space to it's fullest. I loved it. Map21 was very interesting as well. Thanks for your additions. Good luck with Doom Odyssey 2!

14 hours ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

Map09 was absolutely excellent. Really fantastic combat and a great showcase of lighting and using a space to it's fullest. I loved it. Map21 was very interesting as well. Thanks for your additions. Good luck with Doom Odyssey 2!

Glad you enjoyed the maps. We'll see how the CP is going after I release ADO, who knows maybe I can create another map and help tune up others as well.

On 4/22/2022 at 12:19 AM, Biodegradable said:

@pcorf

Yes, great playthrough. Proves you can beat it without getting many of the secrets. Yes. the start is hot and you need to earn your weapons in this map. The cyberdemon is kind of your friend.

On 3/24/2022 at 9:49 PM, pcorf said:

Progress has been slow as I need to get Doom Odyssey II complete but you'll get my map which is over halfway complete before mid year.

cant wait for odyssey 2 to come out hype train

Hi guys! I am still working on my map but I made some good progress the last couple of days. I am confident I can get it done before the month of June. Here's a progress pic:

PinkFlamingo_CT_Map.jpg.8eddc6488700829d16fa314c7ac14099.jpg

5 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Hi guys! I am still working on my map but I made some good progress the last couple of days. I am confident I can get it done before the month of June. Here's a progress pic:

PinkFlamingo_CT_Map.jpg.8eddc6488700829d16fa314c7ac14099.jpg

That looks great! Love the shapes of rooms.

Ok! Here is the first fully functional version of my map. Would love to get some feedback on it :-) I'd say it's about 98% done but I release it now because I want to take a break from it and finish it at a later point when I have fresh ideas and renewed energy. Difficulty settings are not yet implemented. Assume it is somewhere in between HMP and UV now.

There is a huge cave area in the eastern portion of the map that causes significant lag on my poor laptop (when playing in GZDoom). However, in dsda-Doom the lag is acceptable. I know I put waaay to many linedefs in this area. I will redesign it with more optimal (and less unnecessary) detail in a next version. Hopefully I can reduce the lag to more acceptable levels.

I've added two new "textures", which are just simple blue and yellow recolors of the texture EGREDI. All the custom textures I used from the resource wad are also included in this wad so it can run as a standalone.

Details:

MAP 16: Infection (might change title later)

Music: "Aorta" by Eris Falling (Tristan Clark)

Download: CT_MAP16_Infection_by_PinkFlamingo_v1.rar (Map slot 16)

Screens:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20220512_174054.png.c1e1b01861e4304a0d1ba537dbea065c.pngScreenshot_Doom_20220512_174243.png.cedb3371dd36e4a17418e2538ef8111a.pngScreenshot_Doom_20220512_174435.png.4c87209377cbeb575b16f0c56e09aab2.pngScreenshot_Doom_20220512_174506.png.3a93e0010d9bfb25be277cd0e755352c.pngScreenshot_Doom_20220512_174608.png.93354820693028637a64f46a22075e46.pngScreenshot_Doom_20220512_174626.png.b4c4c1b2c8c22c3db56b7c5903765f66.png

Wow @PinkFlamingo, looks excellent. I'll be sure to test it soon. I've been very, very busy lately, so I'll try and get the latest build of the wad compiled then. Sorry for my absence in general. I'm really happy to see this level completed!

Brilliant map, @PinkFlamingo! I dare say this may be my favourite map I've tested for the project thus far! Sorry I don't have footage for you, I neglected to hit record on GeForce before I started even though I could've sworn I did. :^/ I played on UV and didn't notice anything broken, missing or unbalanced. It was just a really, really solid experience and I had a ball playing it.

14 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Ok! Here is the first fully functional version of my map. Would love to get some feedback on it :-) I'd say it's about 98% done but I release it now because I want to take a break from it and finish it at a later point when I have fresh ideas and renewed energy. Difficulty settings are not yet implemented. Assume it is somewhere in between HMP and UV now.

Just tried it on ITYTD and except for a few less cacos in the last fight and maybe a bit more health it's already very balanced :) Really enjoyed the progression of the map and how easily you can distinguish the different areas. Great work.

Existence.wad is 100% done after a whopping 10 months of on and off building. It's ripe enough for it to be playtested. Feedback would be greatly appreciated. Hatemail, loveletters and pipe bombs do not count and only belong in my PMs. Keep in mind this isn't the final version, this is only the 1.0.0 Playtest version, so that I can fix bugs, map breaking errors, or need to tweak the difficulty. I haven't found a solution to funny skyboxes yet so that doesn't count as a bug before anyone points that out.

Map: Map08

Download no virus safe 100% no bullshit: https://www.mediafire.com/file/gu3c4ww06zridlc/ExistenceCT.wad/file

screenshots: you've seen enough of them

17 minutes ago, thiccyosh said:

Existence.wad is 100% done after a whopping 10 months of on and off building. It's ripe enough for it to be playtested. Feedback would be greatly appreciated. Hatemail, loveletters and pipe bombs do not count and only belong in my PMs. Keep in mind this isn't the final version, this is only the 1.0.0 Playtest version, so that I can fix bugs, map breaking errors, or need to tweak the difficulty. I haven't found a solution to funny skyboxes yet so that doesn't count as a bug before anyone points that out.

Map: Map08

Download no virus safe 100% no bullshit: https://www.mediafire.com/file/gu3c4ww06zridlc/ExistenceCT.wad/file

screenshots: you've seen enough of them

Glad to see it! Testing right now.

@thiccyosh let me first say, this map is incredible. It looks great, is well though out, and very challenging. My two thoughts are:

1. This is way above the average Doomer's level. There were multiple sections where I had to just skip very large amounts of enemies because - even with infighting - I couldn't kill them. The archvile placements are brilliant but down right evil. The Hell Knights and Revenants make sure you can't mess around but also make progressing very slow. The monster teleports are merciless and the the opening area monsters being revived by archviles you can't kill is rather tedious.

You have a great map here but it would be improved if the player could have more health and there were slightly easier combat encounters. For example, the amount of monsters that spawn in at the Cyberdemon \ Soulsphere arena is already a challenge when you don't have a BFG, but throwing two archviles in there as well and it's a very high level of skill needed to pass. I'm not against hard maps, but with the exception of maybe Afterlife and The Citadel at the Edge of Eternity, this is much harder than anything in Community Chest.

2. I just wanted to ask if I could move this higher than Map08. This definitely feels like it belongs in a 20s slot.

So this map is amazing and a lot of hard work was put into it, but it might just be a little much for this project. Like I said, certainly a great map, it just needs to be toned down a bit.

Other notes:

I love the visual style, having the sky on the floor be damaging was really interesting and artsy. I like it. Your cave sections as well are detailed and look natural. The architecture is amazing too! The opening room was good fun, and I like all the infighting.

23 minutes ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

1. This is way above the average Doomer's level.

Which is completely intentional on UV. On UV, you will have to fight for every single spot of land you see and bring some amount of patience. On HMP you still have the masses of monsters flooding the whole ground, but it is much more manageable. And HNTR and ITYTD it's pretty much a cakewalk as you get enough health and ammo and even a secret BFG to waste. But I get what you're saying: more health pickups and an early plasma for the soulsphere fight. I also think difficulties in Doom shouldn't be treated as decoration, but rather as, well, difficulties. There is no shame even playing on HMP after all!

35 minutes ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

2. I just wanted to ask if I could move this higher than Map08. This definitely feels like it belongs in a 20s slot.

Yes you may. Would also fit with the forced pistol start anyways.

37 minutes ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

I like it.

Thank you, this map is by far my most favorite map I have built!

Other notes from me:

I'll wait with the updated version to give playtesters time to playtest this map. I'll give it a week or so.

When you add the final version of my map into the project, make sure that the map name in the automap is "demise", yes two names. Existence as the CWILV and demise in the automap, like how Map11 in Doom 2 has two names. Got it?

I'll also release this map separately with such fancy features as a UmapInfo lump, just saying so you'll know!

Have a nice day.

53 minutes ago, thiccyosh said:

When you add the final version of my map into the project, make sure that the map name in the automap is "demise", yes two names. Existence as the CWILV and demise in the automap, like how Map11 in Doom 2 has two names. Got it?

Sure! I'll make sure to have the automap separate. 

54 minutes ago, thiccyosh said:

I'll also release this map separately with such fancy features as a UmapInfo lump, just saying so you'll know!

That's fine by me. Dubbag's second map was already released and CC1 has multiple maps that were separately released. 

Thanks for the contribution and great midi choice. Never heard Air by Bach in a Doom map but it was a pretty great fit. You make a good point about difficulties as well.  

On 3/27/2022 at 7:04 PM, Dusty_Rhodes said:

Map35 slots end up really weird in vanilla

They actually work fine in vanilla/limrem too, btw. Check the wip Pandora Megawad.

On 2/23/2022 at 4:16 AM, Gibbon said:

What source port did you develop this for?

I noticed (or at least it was flagged in UDB) that the format is Boom instead of Doom format.

It's because you don't have the DBS (Doom Builder Settings) file with the wad. UDB defaults to Boom format. There wouldn't be a way to tell if the wad uses Doom or Boom format because one is different than the other by only having different specials, so UDB creates a DBS file to store all the settings for the map.

On 5/24/2022 at 9:18 PM, pcorf said:

@Dusty_Rhodes I wonder how this project is currently progressing?

Smoothy, I'd say. I'm still working on some of my maps, but a majority have been submitted.

Completed Levels:

Map01: Title Pending by @Astronomical

Map02: Temple of Zimmer by @Dub Bag

Map03: Shattering Mayhem by @Origamyde

Map04: Provision Center by @NinjaDelphox

Map05: Lollygaggin' by Me

Map06: Sub Astra by @Spineapple tea

MAP07: Ex Inferis by @Gibbon

Map09 Night Terrors of Prehistory by @pcorf

Map10: Becoming X by @Matthias (LiquidDoom)

Map11: A Friend in Need by @Pechudin

Map12: Stoneskin Garrison by @Thelokk

Map14: Excessive Impulse by @Vladguy

Map16: Infection by @PinkFlamingo

Map20: Litdeath by @Dub Bag

Map21: Unrelenting Fear by @pcorf

Map24: Delivery of Evil by @Cheesewheel

Map25: Title Pending by @SilverMiner

Map27: Crepsulum by @Gibbon

In Progress:

Map08: existence \ demise by @thiccyosh

Map13 Title Pending by @akolai

Map15: Title Pending by @NinjaDelphox

Map31: Rocket Rally by @DFF

Map29, Map30, Map33's base, and Map34 by me are all in progress lol. I really need to finish them.

Not submitted

Map17: Title Pending by @Cacodemon187

Map18: Title Pending by @General Rainbow Bacon

Map23: Title Pending by @Bobby "J

Map26 is actually open, I believe @Paf might've wanted a slot?

Map32: Title Pending by @NinjaDelphox

Map33: this will be a multi stage map with multiple authors. I'll choose who when the rest are finished.

________________________________________________________________________________________

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

________________________________________________________________________________________

Now that that wall of text is broken up, sorry for all the "Title Pending"s. I don't have most of these levels titles. Everything should be good though. I'll keep working on this.

Edited by Dusty_Rhodes

2 hours ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

Map33: this will be a multi stage map with multiple authors. I'll choose who when the rest are finished.

Megiddo II anyone? No? Just me? ..alright.

4 hours ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

Smoothy, I'd say. I'm still working on some of my maps, but a majority have been submitted.

Completed Levels:

Map01: Title Pending by @Astronomical

Map02: Arch of Zimmer by @Dub Bag

Map03: Shattering Mayhem by @Origamyde

Map04: Provision Center by @NinjaDelphox

Map05: Lollygaggin' by Me

Map06: Title Pending by @Spineapple tea

MAP07: Ex Inferis by @Gibbon

Map09 Night Terrors of Prehistory by @pcorf

Map10: Title Pending by @Matthias (LiquidDoom)

Map11: A Friend in Need by @Pechudin

Map12: Stoneskin Garrison by @Thelokk

Map14: Excessive Impulse by @Vladguy

Map16: Infection by @PinkFlamingo

Map20: Litdeath by @Dub Bag

Map21: Unrelenting Dear by @pcorf

Map24: Delivery of Evil by @Cheesewheel

Map25: Title Pending by @SilverMiner

Map27: Crepsulum by @Gibbon

In Progress:

Map08: existence \ demise by @thiccyosh

Map13 Title Pending by @akolai

Map15: Title Pending by @NinjaDelphox

Map29, Map30, Map33's base, and Map34 by me are all in progress lol. I really need to finish them.

Not submitted

Map17: Title Pending by @Cacodemon187

Map18: Title Pending by @General Rainbow Bacon

Map23: Title Pending by @Bobby "J

Map26 is actually open, I believe @Paf might've wanted a slot?

Map31: Title Pending by @DFF

Map32: Title Pending by @NinjaDelphox

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that that wall of text is broken up, sorry for all the "Title Pending"s. I don't have most of these levels titles. Everything should be good though. I'll keep working on this.

Typo with MAP21. It is named Unrelenting Fear.

2 hours ago, Vladguy said:

Would have to be Megiddo IV at this point ;)

2 hours ago, Vladguy said:

;)

31 minutes ago, pcorf said:

Typo with MAP21. It is named Unrelenting Fear.

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. Fixt

30 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

Would have to be Megiddo IV at this point ;)

Well, it'll have to have a different name :D 

I think it will be a very fun thing to do. This project is about highlighting the community, so a multi - author - showcase seems appropriate.

14 minutes ago, Matthias (LiquidDoom) said:

Map 10's name is "Becoming X" as the Sneakers' Pimps album.

Thank you friend, it's updated.

mine is called "Temple of Zimmer"

It has been a few days, and I haven't seen anyone else other than Dusty playtest my map, so here is the updated version of Existence.wad.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wlasbisueoa23ri/ExistenceCT.wad/file (Map 20 for now, who knows where Dusty might place it.)

Very cool and nice changelog:

-Made the wad less bloated by removing unused textures

-Fixed a bug where four Arch-Viles spawned at the worst place imaginable

-Added more ammo and health

-Added an obscure as hell BFG secret

-Removed a runkilling Cyberdemon that spawns in after 5 minutes

-Added an invisible Banana somewhere in this map :)

If there isn't anything else notable or map breaking in this map that I absolutely have to fix, then Dusty may add this wad into the project. And then I may take a break from mapping. Phew, this map almost made me burn out on Doom!

Have a nice day.

I'm going to have to drop out of the map 32 slot sadly. I haven't really started one and I have way way too much going on in terms of projects I'm already doing and an influx of IRL stuff. I don't see myself having the time to put out a quality map for the slot. I'm happy I was able to at least make 1 map already. Sorry Dusty.

47 minutes ago, NinjaDelphox said:

I'm going to have to drop out of the map 32 slot sadly. I haven't really started one and I have way way too much going on in terms of projects I'm already doing and an influx of IRL stuff. I don't see myself having the time to put out a quality map for the slot. I'm happy I was able to at least make 1 map already. Sorry Dusty.

Mind if I grab it? Summer break just started for me and I'll have nothing better to do.