Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dusty_Rhodes

[SLOTS TAKEN!] Community Trunk, a cp in the style of CC1 and CC2

Hey @Dusty_Rhodes - I fixed a few bugs with MAP07.

exinferis.rar

Issues fixed:

1. Weapon, Armour and Ammo now appear at the start on the right difficulty

2. Deathmatch and player starts are fixed and positions are more interesting

3. Removed Mancubi and substituted with Baron's

I totally forgot about the Dead Simple trigger and I had exactly 4 Mancubi, which meant the second you killed them, the map ended :D

1 hour ago, Gibbon said:

Hey @Dusty_Rhodes - I fixed a few bugs with MAP07.

exinferis.rar

Issues fixed:

1. Weapon, Armour and Ammo now appear at the start on the right difficulty

2. Deathmatch and player starts are fixed and positions are more interesting

3. Removed Mancubi and substituted with Baron's

I totally forgot about the Dead Simple trigger and I had exactly 4 Mancubi, which meant the second you killed them, the map ended :D

I'll make sure to update the wad when I get back from work! Thanks.

@Biodegradable and @TheCyberDruid, thanks a lot for playing my map and for the positive feedback!

@Dusty_Rhodes, here's the second version of my map.

CT_MAP16_Infection_by_PinkFlamingo_v2.rar

I consider this one 100% done. I might still make a small update to fix bugs or adjust difficulty a bit but I'm fine with this version getting published as is. This new version contains:

- fully implemented difficulty settings

- lots of extra co-op only monsters plus extra ammo to deal with them

- four deathmatch starts in the starting area (this map really wasn't designed for it though)

- extra detail in some of the rooms/areas

- two new secrets

What's the status of this project? When could we expect a new compilation?

Edited by PinkFlamingo

@PinkFlamingo Awesome to see your finalized map. The earlier version was great so I'm excited to test this one out.

3 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

What's the status of this project? When could we expect a new compilation? 

Well I'm currently sidetracked by DBP49 work so I haven't messed with my maps in a while but I'll try to finish my levels and get the latest compilation out soon. Probably the beginning of the next month. Again, I want to apologize to everyone for my absence. I'm a landscaper and I work full time during the summer so that really eats up my time for Dooming. I also am juggling a lot of projects. That said, this project is getting my full attention once DBP49 is released. Thanks again!

My two maps are in a separate wad for standalone release just in case this project does not work out. A backup plan is always important. The standalone will be released mid 2023 if progress is slow with this.

On 7/12/2022 at 9:19 AM, pcorf said:

My two maps are in a separate wad for standalone release just in case this project does not work out. A backup plan is always important. The standalone will be released mid 2023 if progress is slow with this.

There's another pcorf project coming besides the odyssey sequel???

I'd like to take the map26 slot, if it's still open.

29 minutes ago, Lina said:

I'd like to take the map26 slot, if it's still open.

It's yours!

Don't worry folks, still working on maps and playtesting. I appreciate the patience. Any questions are welcome.

On 7/14/2022 at 5:35 AM, Firedust said:

There's another pcorf project coming besides the odyssey sequel???

Nope, just my maps from this project if things don't work out.

Odyssey sequel public beta expected around October.

Y'know, sometimes I wonder if this project will ever get any new updates. Last update I've downloaded was 9.4.

6 hours ago, Vladguy said:

Y'know, sometimes I wonder if this project will ever get any new updates. Last update I've downloaded was 9.4.

It's in 9.6.2. I just haven't finished my maps yet. After that I will release. I'll try to get it updated this week.

On 9/21/2022 at 7:17 AM, Impboy4 said:

@Dusty_Rhodes save that last slot for me. I have a map I'm working on to fill that spot.

Sorry that slot is actually already taken by Finnks13. I haven't updated it and that's my bad, life has just gotten in the way. That said I'm going to post the latest build of the wad and edit the maplist to smooth everything out. You probably can get a slot then depending on if the mappers with no progress submitted still want to work on it. 

Why not have it in the Map33 slot then? I can live with that. Map33 is growing in popularity as a slot nowadays for Vanilla/Limit Removing wads.

38 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Free my slot, in all these months i didn't have any idea of what to do for this project, sorry.

Oh good, I'll swap with you then. :)

@Dusty_Rhodes, are you still working on this project? What's the current status?

If you need any help, let us know. I would be willing to make another map for this if that means getting the project done.

4 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

@Dusty_Rhodes, are you still working on this project? What's the current status?

If you need any help, let us know. I would be willing to make another map for this if that means getting the project done.

We can only hope. I will release my maps standalone if not much progress by June 2023.

Seen this thread pop up, and I knew I was forgetting something...

StoneskinGarrison_Thelokk_FinalVersion

Literally the second ever 'complete' map I made but, when I came back to it to glow it up a bit, I got kinda nostalgic - so all I did was fixing major misalignments, a couple more textures, and fix some sky issues that would make DSDA go brrrr (was a little GZ only girl back then). 

The map is definitely neither beefy nor good enough for a standalone release; so, if the project sadly doesn't come to fruition, I'll count it as useful practice :D

Edited by Thelokk

On 9/22/2022 at 10:45 PM, Matthias (LiquidDoom) said:

So how much % of this project is done?:)

still the same qeustion :D

Hey everyone, I'm really sorry about the lack of updates. The wad is progressing nicely but I've been marred by the disproportionately busy month that is October as well as a wifi outage that had lasted for about a week.  I am still working on this and I aim for a current wad release for this weekend. Thanks for your patience guys, sometimes life gets in the way of Doom. 

1 hour ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

Hey everyone, I'm really sorry about the lack of updates. The wad is progressing nicely but I've been marred by the disproportionately busy month that is October as well as a wifi outage that had lasted for about a week.  I am still working on this and I aim for a current wad release for this weekend. Thanks for your patience guys, sometimes life gets in the way of Doom. 

No worries, it's thanks to life that we can make more maps and not starve. Looking forward to it!

On 10/28/2022 at 3:33 AM, Thelokk said:

Hi, could you please remove my map from the project? Thanks. 

Yeah no worries 

Hey everyone, bumping for an update. I will have the latest build of the wad with all the details and changelog bits here tomorrow evening. Just want to let everyone know I'm not dead. Thanks for your patience, it's been great working with such a talented team. Have a good night DW.

2 hours ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

I will have the latest build of the wad.

You better have it!

There is also the possibility of me creating another map for this project in the new year.

Alright, get it here an in the OP:

CT_v9.6.3

CHANGELOG:

Numerous texture issues fixed:

All double entries fixed, lava falls are now DBRAIN1 - 4, BRONZE4 now shows up properly (someone's ice textures replaced it for some reason), the red switch texture in Map27 is now fully functional, and much more. The patch table is now much cleaner despite the amount of textures here.

Map34 by me is finished

A UMAPINFO lump has been added and filled out in majority. Only thing that is missing are some map names that I couldn't find or haven't been done yet.

@Lina has made a Map26 (the version in the wad is basically finished but only uses a default texture), as well as Map12 (Impboy asked for Map08 first heh, had to do some juggling) and a great Map33.

@Impboy4 has added a Map08

@finnks13 and I are co - authoring Map30. It's not done yet so I didn't include it, but it will be shortly.

@Thelokk's map removed by her request.

The menu graphic lumps are complete, in more vanilla oriented ports, all the menu lumps are replaced, like all the options menus and such.

WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE:

I need level names for a few maps, Map01 by @Astronomical, and Map25 by @SilverMiner. If you don't mind as well, could you also check Map25 for texture errors SilverMiner? I had to change a lot of conflicting patch names so there may be some incorrect textures. Sorry for the inconvenience. Also, @thiccyosh, I only have the first version of your map. And the download link is dead, would you kindly upload the latest version again?

Levels:

Map13

Map18

Map19

Map22

Map28

Map29

Map31

Map32

There's only a few left, so we need to get them done. I'm willing to take some slots but anybody is welcome.

In addition, this will need dehacked and CWILV lumps. I will finalize those when the wad is complete.

Also looking for a little more art, specifically a CREDITS lump and a BOSSBACK. Preferably, the credits lump will be similar in style to CC2's. The BOSSBACK, could be a cool a screenshot, Alien Vendetta style. Up to the artist.

Lastly, I want to thank everybody for their patience. Life has been really overwhelming and I hope we can get this megawad finished. Thanks a lot and happy mapping

Edited by Dusty_Rhodes

With 2022ado out of the way I will grab the MAP31 slot. But don't expect to get the map in a hurry. It will have a secret exit to MAP32.