Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kachakeño

Recommend me any open-world/Metroidvania TC you know.

8 hours ago, doomguykiller69 said:

Total conversions of open world for Doom? There are huge maps like the one representing New York, and GTA 1 in Doom Engine

Do you have any links?

Definitely Vomitoreum, it can be regarded as an open-world somehow, it's a Metroidvania and a TC.

The only thing, is that right now it's a demo, so you can't play much of it, for now at least.

Does Hexen count as a metroidvania?

Spoiler

if it does, i would advise avoiding it

Spoiler

for real though, if the hub style does count, i'd suggest Faithless if Heretic is at all up your alley

I thought about Hexen, but I think it fits the criteria less well than Strife -- which is already kind of a stretch. Hexen is split into several disconnected hubs, while IIRC you can backtrack to the beginning (but don't really have any reason to) in Strife until you drop down into the Alien Ship level. Also in Strife your character gets to grow in more ways than just accumulating weapons and items: you also get boosts to your accuracy and health. That's not really the Metroidvania gimmick of giving you new mobility options so that you can reach new places in old areas, but it is a character progression gimmick nonetheless. The rest of the Doom engine games, you're at peak condition from the start, all you need is to find keys and weapons.