Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MFG38

84cy-XII - A Boom-compatible puzzle speedmap

Very neat. Solved it in 1:26. I should have recorded it I suppose. Best time thus far 0:18. Sky texture is appropriately creepy. Does the name mean anything?

Edit: 0:06 with Dusty's trick :)

Edited by RjY

I think I did something wrong, as I beat the map in just a few minutes by pressing the yellow switch on accident, despite not being on top of the box. I'll try again and see if I can do it properly. The textures and music are creepy, I like that a lot.

1 minute ago, RjY said:

Does the name mean anything?

Not really. It's just a jumble of numbers and letters. :P

1 minute ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

I think I did something wrong, as I beat the map in just a few minutes by pressing the yellow switch on accident, despite not being on top of the box.

Uhh. Somehow that possibility slipped my mind entirely. Oh well, though.

1 minute ago, Obsidian said:

Cute stuff! Be keen to see this idea expanded on, always a fan of puzzley maps.

Agreed. 

Op I'd love to see you do more.

Very cool sky texture, and a very cool concept for a map. Just played through it - took me around 5 minutes to figure out.

Really fun stuff - I hope this inspires an 'escape room' genre...

Took me embarrassingly long to figure out (11:18 exit), but since I recorded a demo I'd be remiss not to share it.

84cy-xii_fda_Shepardus.zip

Good stuff, I enjoyed it despite how long I spent spamming the use key everywhere except the correct place.

9 hours ago, Obsidian said:

Cute stuff! Be keen to see this idea expanded on, always a fan of puzzley maps.

9 hours ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

Op I'd love to see you do more.

There's a moderately high chance I'll explore the concept further. In fact, I have ideas for a small puzzle-focused mapset, and this will likely act as a prologue of sorts to it.

A really cool puzzle map. I don't see that many WADs with puzzles implemented, and it's quite refreshing when it happens.

Nice job on that one. Can't wait to see more in the future ! :O

9 hours ago, MFG38 said:

There's a moderately high chance I'll explore the concept further. In fact, I have ideas for a small puzzle-focused mapset, and this will likely act as a prologue of sorts to it.

well I'm excited.

Did a small update to the wad, just some automap cleanup. Same download link should work but may take a moment to update to the new version. If you see a triangle of lines on the automap when looking out the window, that's the "old" version of the wad.