Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Insomniak

Names

Insomniac said:

what are some of the weirdest/worst names you've ever heard?

I used to work in an office where a number of people had unusual names. There was one girl called Thryth, and two girls called Venetia. It was great when people phoned up asking to speak to Venetia, and were asked, doubtless to their colossal surprise, "Which one?".

As for worst names, I knew a kid at school called Paul Mycock.

If you had a child, what you name him/her?

If it was a girl, Karyn. If is was a boy, I wouldn't know (I've found that someone's future is roughly decided by the name they're given, I need a good one!)

Also, what are some of the weirdest/worst names you've ever heard?

Lerch! I hate that name!

Children name?

Clémentine, Chloé & Charlotte
It'd better not be a guy.

Weirdest name must be Gaucelm, an old friend I haven't seen for ages... not quite sure about the spelling. He was named after a famous french story teller of the Middle-Age.

For a guy, Byron. A girl maybe Nicole

Worst name I've heard is Barfkus. Yes I knew someone with that name.

Tsutomo, Andrew (Jr.), or Alexander for a boy. Girl? Fiona, Susan, Alexa, Misato, or Michiko (after my Japanese teacher).

Strangest name I've heard? I named a frog "The" once. On a person, however, I always thought "Guy" was kind of strange. Never heard of anything stranger, really.

TeamKill said:

I always thought "Guy" was kind of strange. Never heard of anything stranger, really.

That name is really, really old. It goes back to at least the early middle ages, perhaps even earlier (saxon or viking origin, perhaps?)

As for weird names, I lived with a half English/half Italian girl called Adriana a few years ago. Last year I lived with a load of French girls, one of whom was called Lavivine.

They're the only two I can really think of, as all my RL friends have really common names (e.g. Mark, Dave, Ben, Andrew, Nick, Paul and Tim for the boys, and Rachel, Kathryn, Vicky, Lindsay, Nichola and Michelle for the girls)

Actually, I guess my middle name, Sancroft, is pretty weird. Apparently it's been a family tradition for several hundred years, introduced when someone from the Sancroft family married someone from the Baker family. At first it was a double barelled surname (Sancroft-Baker, ick) but then it became a middle name instead (although apparently there are still a few Sancroft-Bakers out there, somewhere).

A touchy subject for me. I took major heat from other kids during grade school in the 80's because my name is Wolff. I learned to change my name to something less "offensive" as my name is not acceptable to other kids in an American classroom setting. Thankfully when I entered college, people were much more forgiving on my name. I still get concerned looks from people when I tell them my name, but I'm used to it by now.

My last name is the worst: "Finger". I'd like to kick that immigrations officer right in the Bullocks.

I like the name Wolff. It's not as bad as the name Clifford. Yes, that is my real name. Suprising, isn't it :p? Well, anyways, from now on, if anyone wants to call me by my real name, just call me Cliff, Ok?

EDIT: Ooh, I already passed the 500 mark? YES!!! I'm a forum regular, hooray! :)

I'd choose sachmo, jub jub, hoejew, santa, elvis, presley or w/e the fuck that name is. Um.....gatt, scar face, screw face, minion, gympy, homer, or my all time fav cyclops

Lizardcommando said:
EDIT: Ooh, I already passed the 500 mark? YES!!! I'm a forum regular, hooray! :)

Really?

I would name my Kid...Deviant Force (=
LoL Just kidding I would name my kid Brenton or Brent I dont know i dont know i dont wanna think about having kids right now Blah!

Boy: Smeagol
Girl: Snotgurgle

Guess where I got those. (Hint: it's NOT LOTR, and it's really, really old game)

NiGHTMARE said:

That name is really, really old. It goes back to at least the early middle ages, perhaps even earlier (saxon or viking origin, perhaps?)

I've always heard "Guy" as a Japanese name, and pronounced "Gee".

I knew a girl once (had a crush on her) who spelt her name "Jeana" and pronounced it "Gina".

NiGHTMARE said:

As for weird names, I lived with a half English/half Italian girl called Adriana a few years ago.

That thing about weird names is basically a matter of country, but assuming that most of the people in here are from English-speaking countries, I understand that. That said, Adriana is one of the most common names for girls here in Brazil (and maybe in Italy too).

Boy: Robert Leto
Girl: Sarah Vale

Of coures, I myself am named for a Civil War General. Needless to say, I get a lot of "Appamatox" jokes.

I'll just leave you to contemplate that one on your own.

DC

Well... I'm the living worst name you could have, Moosacha Williams.

As for my own kid I'd name him Tony, or Pablo.

Flynn Taggart :P

but seriously:

Boy: I dunno, Depends on what the Miss wants, but if I get my pick of anything then I'd pick like Anomus or something :D

Girl: Well, depends on what the Miss wants again, but if my pick, either, Hailey, or Julie or Kay-Kay or Holly or something, also depends on her name, just so we don't have the whole jr. jazz going on, in which, Holly would be taken out of the pick ;)

I know someone named Rebbeca Loseweight, as for weird names the basics...

Mike Hunt
Mike Ock
Ben Dover
Hue. G. Rection
Anita Bath
Sandy Butthole
Bob Dole

and so on.. :D

Cacodreams said:

That thing about weird names is basically a matter of country, but assuming that most of the people in here are from English-speaking countries, I understand that. That said, Adriana is one of the most common names for girls here in Brazil (and maybe in Italy too).

Yeah, well, what can you expect from a provincial limey like Mr. Baker?

Heh, I had a huge page-long list of names I'm gonna change kids' names to when I adopt them. I lost it, but I remember a few like Bghrs, Dercnetirf, Fotshiperas, Bfummeisa, Rnnertr, Plrytf, Urgfenef, Septsljj, Unurgfen ... all weird-but-pronouncable stuff =)

The Reverend Julian said:

Really?

Dammit I gave that to Zarcy over half a year ago, now you've raped his title of its originality. Je sui tu elle pollyvou!