Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Teo Slayer

What's Unholy Massacre in LZDoom?

So, I replaced GZDoom with LZ weeks ago because GZ is too laggy in my Laptop and to make my WADs run smoother, I downloaded LZ. After downloading LZ, I noticed that there's this new difficulty where the skull is pointing

Screenshot_Doom_20211014_232014.png.ae0ed270fbdba1b9c41435e5e22d23d5.png

I'm really curious about this difficulty

Heretic also has its own difficulty level: 1000 Deaths Await Thee. It's just the same as Unholy Massacre (double enemy damage, half ammo pickups) but for Heretic.

No, that was in the past. The feature comes from RUDE. You could just try but it has doubled monsters and lesser health pickups, in RUDE there are more differences.

About 1K it's similar but you take more damage and monsters have less health for a more dynamic gameplay. I reverted the Plague change.

On 10/14/2021 at 11:11 PM, PsychEyeball said:

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/1924291

Was trying to embed this because this post gives the explanation. It's Ultra-Violence, but enemies deal double damage and ammo pickups give half the usual ammo. It's essentially a reversed I'm Too Young To Die.

What you forget to say is that the unholy massacre difficulty has also more ennemies than in UV. 

About twice more, but what is strange is that even if you’ve killed everything it never states « 100% kills ». 

Ennemies don’t respawn unlike the  nightmare difficulty. 

I don’t like to play with fast ennemies so unholy massacre is a very interesting challenge, I play with LZ because my laptop is too old, and I was very glad and felt lucky to find this feature. 

Once you’ve completed a level in « unholy massacre », « UV » becomes a piece of cake !!! =D

On 10/15/2021 at 10:07 AM, drfrag said:

it has doubled monsters and lesser health pickups

See my previous post, damage and ammo are the same as in UV. I'm glad you like it.

Was wondering what "Unholy Massacre" was, then I found this thread. It's an interesting difficulty mod, but I feel like it should have been included in a separate, optional PK3 or something. I'm curious if there's a way to disable it.

Ah, found it under miscellaneous options. Thank you for having that option - I admit to being somewhat of a purist. I find LZDoom a nice middle ground between PrBoom+'s conservatism and GZDoom's featureset.