Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Widosm

Favorite website?

On 10/17/2021 at 4:59 AM, Widosm said:

Someone is going to say Youtube or Wikipedia

Wikipedia is the most important website.  The central mission of allowing information to be free and easy to access is not only admirable, but impressive that we can rely on it despite what everyone says about the site.  It's the objectively correct answer to the question.  

58 minutes ago, Plank_Guy_89 said:

Wikipedia is the most important website.  The central mission of allowing information to be free and easy to access is not only admirable, but impressive that we can rely on it despite what everyone says about the site.  It's the objectively correct answer to the question.  

On the other hand, The Internet Archive has Wikipedia's backups, 25 years of website snapshots, and most importantly, can run Doom...

Wikipedia's definitely a very important website, as it does make a lot of information free and easy to access, but I think there are other websites that make similarly significant contributions to the same mission. Some without which it couldn't exist (search engines, for one). Also worth giving a shoutout to Wikimedia's other projects, like Wikidata (sort of a computer-parseable Wikipedia) and Wikisource (a collection of redistributable books).

Other then this site,

ClassicDOOM.com

YOUTUBE.COM   (been here since 2005! when it first came out!)

gamefaqs.com 

UltimateMK.COM

http://theshadowlands.net/places/ (it actually has locations from all over the world that is haunted)

Etsy.com

amazon.com

ebay.com

tekkenzaibatsu.com   (its now down, but I been here lots of times on/off for years, great tekken community from back then!)

newgrounds.com (I can't believe this site is still up, I remember watching my first brutal gory animation here.  Search Dead Rain Episodes.. its about a virus and the undead)

Edited by vanilla_d00m

Sorry, but nothing on this EARTH can even COMPARE to the EPICNESS of doomshack.org, voted "GREATEST website on the internet" every year consecutively since 1999!

Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Reddit, Wad-Archive, Allfearthesentinel, Moddb, NexusMods, Gamebanana and sometimes AliExpress, Wikipedia, Gamepedia and a few game wikis and wikias, ZeldaDungeon, GameFAQs and IGN and Eurogamer for walkthroughs, Quora, Tom's Hardware and SuperUser

On 10/20/2021 at 9:04 AM, Doomkid said:

Sorry, but nothing on this EARTH can even COMPARE to the EPICNESS of doomshack.org, voted "GREATEST website on the internet" every year consecutively since 1999!

sorry, but I voted idgames archive to be BESTEST GREATEST EPICEST AMAZINGEST website in a decade since 1999

http://penisland.net/

They specialize in wood, and they handle the big jobs, aswell.

And the best part is their FAQ:

Q: Can I provide my own wood?
A: In most cases we can handle your wood. We do require all shipments to be clean, free of parasites and pass all standard customs inspections.