Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rayziik

Judgment: Retrial - 34 Map MBF21 Megawad (RC3 - 1/31/2024)

I loaded this up in Zandronum, which indicated a lot of frames were missing, however I also wondered about one small detail, which was that the Black Imps seem indestructible? I loaded up some weapons and dumped 15 BFG blasts right in one's face and it still didn't die.

5 minutes ago, Degree23 said:

I loaded this up in Zandronum, which indicated a lot of frames were missing, however I also wondered about one small detail, which was that the Black Imps seem indestructible? I loaded up some weapons and dumped 15 BFG blasts right in one's face and it still didn't die.

I think you need to play this with a source port that supports MBF21 such as the latest GZDoom release or or DSDA-Doom

39 minutes ago, Degree23 said:

I loaded this up in Zandronum, which indicated a lot of frames were missing...

I'm relatively certain Zandromum doesn't fully support everything necessary for the MBF21 standard. You should try using the latest GZDoom instead.

2 minutes ago, Spectre01 said:

Looks great! Is 32 the only slaughtermap, based on that list?

It is indeed the only one, specifically an updated take on one of my earliest maps.

28 minutes ago, Rayziik said:

I'm relatively certain Zandromum doesn't fully support everything necessary for the MBF21 standard. You should try using the latest GZDoom instead.

Zandronum is far too old to support any of MBF21. Even in GZDoom you need 4.7.0 to get a fully working implementation.

Good to finally have some test material, though. :)

Screenshots look nice - especially digging the last two with the blue and purple. Putting this on the streaming candidate list!

8 years of development, it's a very impressive journey.
What I see in the screenshots is mesmerizing. Congratulations on release!
Alas, this is +1 cool project, which I have to postpone for an endless "later"...

3 hours ago, Degree23 said:

It says it's only compatible with GZDoom 4.7.0 or DSDA-Doom 0.21.3

8 minutes ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

Alas, this is +1 cool project, which I have to postpone for an endless "later"...

Its okay, none of us actually play Doom anymore, we just make maps.

But this looks really sweet, hopefully I'll have time to try it out this week.

1 hour ago, JustANormie said:

It says it's only compatible with GZDoom 4.7.0 or DSDA-Doom 0.21.3

Sorry for being that guy, but...

Spoiler

Every map was tested in DSDA-Doom 0.21.3 and GZDoom 4.7.0 using hardware rendering. Other source ports that support the standard should work as intended, but haven't been tested.

I just tried it in Woof! and seems to work properly

2 hours ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

8 years of development, it's a very impressive journey.

Real life started eating up most of my free time around the end of 2016, so much so I was only able to do 1-3 maps in a year. Getting it wrapped up is so relieving though.

1 hour ago, Lol 6 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Every map was tested in DSDA-Doom 0.21.3 and GZDoom 4.7.0 using hardware rendering. Other source ports that support the standard should work as intended, but haven't been tested.

That's good to hear, more working ports is always better.

1 hour ago, Lol 6 said:

Woof supports everything for now from -cl2 to -cl21, so it should work properly.

Dang, there are way too many maps I want to play lately but I have no time :^)

1 hour ago, Lol 6 said:

Hide contents

Probably because Woof! now has MBF 21 support, in which right now to the extent of my knowledge only GZDoom and DSDA-Doom had.

Good to know that it also works in Woof! though. 

I cannot believe the number of nice megawads this year! Definitely giving this a whirl.

This wad right here. The best wad of the year! I've just beaten 3 levels in Woof and I'm absolutely stunned. it fricking rulez, the swift satisfying gameplay, custom content, atmospheric levels, everythign. Also I'm totally fine with the infatuation with The Ultimate Doom soundtrack because the overall quality of the wad elevates it a lot.

28 minutes ago, kalensar said:

I cannot believe the number of nice megawads this year! Definitely giving this a whirl.

I know, it's crazy. The past couple years feel like a renaissance for single-player doom. I can't say the same for multi-player online play, unfortunately...

Oh man, the maps look great, but... do you think you could release version without the custom monsters later? I really despise those (and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone).

I think a good way to convey how much atmoshere I find in those maps is that after playing I actually went and finally bought Diablo 2 to (more or less) complete my collection of games from the 90's. The cool hellish monsters with wings contributed to that too so I don't see how the person above me can despise them.

One of the brilliant atmospheric moments that I found memorable was this room in map02 "Blood Mountain" where the light goes out and you get spooked by archviles. But it's the overall use of hellish, rocky textures in Judgement that gave me a tasteful impression that I also expect to find in that classic game from Blizzard.

I hope to finish as many maps as I can in the following days so that I can report any potential hiccups with Woof (hopefully none).

Spoiler

doom54.png.bb326491c4235379db661a6a6d28819c.png

Edited by game

30 minutes ago, Caleb13 said:

Oh man, the maps look great, but... do you think you could release version without the custom monsters later? I really despise those (and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone).

It will definitely be on my list, but it likely won't happen until a final version is released. Maintaining two versions is a lot of extra work for little gain in the short term.

24 minutes ago, game said:

I hope to finish as many maps as I can in the following days so that I can report any potential hiccups with Woof (hopefully none).

Reveal hidden contents

doom54.png.bb326491c4235379db661a6a6d28819c.png

I'm really glad you're enjoying it so far. Honestly the early maps are the ones I was most worried about quality wise. And I must thank you for testing Woof!, I'll make sure to credit you for your efforts.