Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey man, you need to put a little more effort in your post. And it's helpful to show what map format it's for. I know you said "use any port" but that isn't very helpful. The difference between limit removing and vanilla is a big one. So even if it's just Doom2 format, it might not work on Chocolate Doom, which is still a pretty popular port. Also telling us what the wad is like / about will make us more likely to play it.

And now to my review. Last time I trash talked a wad I made someone sad so lets be less of a dong and let me summarize the last 35 minutes of me playing this megawad, made by newcomers.

These maps are frugal when it comes to level design, but it's an honest attempt at map making and I can respect that.

I've had other maps that were worse and took audacities like it's on sale than the maps in this map pack.

Have a nice day.

19 hours ago, thiccyosh said:

Fix your skyboxes. They're a png and not a doom graphic and will crash most vanilla ports.

I fixed it but Womneare didn't put it yet

I would recommend making a single polished map before trying to go for a megawad. Much of the map design and architecture here feels very underdeveloped and rushed. Visual issues, unnecessary dead space, uninspired combat, bland or nonsensical architecture, and an overall lack of cohesion are the main issues here.

I think if you applied your current level of knowledge and talent to one map, the results would be much better.

28 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

I would recommend making a single polished map before trying to go for a megawad. Much of the map design and architecture here feels very underdeveloped and rushed. Visual issues, unnecessary dead space, uninspired combat, bland or nonsensical architecture, and an overall lack of cohesion are the main issues here.

I think if you applied your current level of knowledge and talent to one map, the results would be much better.

He did one

The (fifth) screenshot in this post is now obsolete, the map has been remade due to being too simple. Here's the new version IMG_20211022_223609.jpg.9f78bd27d7a6da91c4d009f31a26e225.jpg

On 10/19/2021 at 9:17 PM, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Do you have a link? I'd like to check it out.

Ahem. He did two actually, but whatever