Find results in...
Clippy

The nightmare before Christmas

???  

29 members have voted

1. 1. ???

• This is a Halloween movie
    • This is a Christmas movie

I'm gonna say Halloween? I would say there are more "Halloween" themes and imagery in the movie, but I can easily see how an argument for Christmas movie could be made. 

Yeah, i'd go with both. The imagery specifically is way more "Halloweeny", but also the film literally has "Christmas" right in the title

The answer can be deduced by reading the title of the movie:

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Judging by the title, the subject of the movie is The Nightmare. Nightmares are associated with darkness, which is symbolic of Halloween.

Also, Tim Burton =/= Christmas.

Ultimately it's a Christmas movie. Jack tried to steal Christmas and the movie occurs during the Christmas season, not Halloween; ergo, it's a Christmas movie.

Thematically the movie is based on Halloween imagery and characters, but the story is based upon the Christmas holiday season. So if you want a definite answer from me, I'd say Christmas.

Of course I've always treated it as both. I love that movie. So some years I'll watch it again around Halloween, some years around Christmas. I've tried watching it on both holidays some years and it does get a bit old. Once a year is fine.

29 minutes ago, Faceman2000 said:

Where’s the “This is a bad movie” option?

... or support for the eastern bunny . . .  8)

2 hours ago, Faceman2000 said:

Where’s the “This is a bad movie” option?

Probably in the "no taste" department

Both, but if I had to pick one, I'd go for Christmas, as the bulk of the movie is actually spent with that setting.